***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Read the article, America should reciprocate, help other countries catch their tax dodgers, but it shouldn't stop going after tax evaders.

So my position has not budged. It don't care that Bahamian banks can no longer benefit from tax evaders like they once did.

I like the last paragraph though:

America deserves great credit for taking on Switzerland and other long-standing tax havens. And a Treasury official insists that stashing undeclared loot there will not remain possible for long: “This is something that will be fixed.” Until it is, America will be the biggest tax loophole of all.

Every country coming together and hammering down on tax evaders, and banks that were complicit in this activity kicking rocks, sounds like a win-win for everyone.

-I was going to response to you before, but I figured it was best to drop it.

When you're passing of videos of a former PM that was taking drug money from the Medellin Cartel to allow drugs to pass through his country, and you try to pass that off as the United States bullying a smaller nation, I know you can't be reasoned with. ***Did you expect me not to look him up or something?****

That former PM was corrupt, Bahamian banks taking foreign tax evaders money are corrupt. I'm not shedding a tear for either, Period.

So it is best we end it right here.

Last edited:
My issue is how america is going about it.. Sure deal with American tax evaders

However they have no right to dictate what other jurisdictions should and shouldn't be doing.. It questions the basic sovereignty of other nations

However they have no right to dictate what other jurisdictions should and shouldn't be doing.. It questions the basic sovereignty of other nations
It isn't questioning a nation's sovereignty if their government "decides" to do what America asks.

Last edited:

It isn't questioning a nation's sovereignty if their government "decides" to do what America asks.

Go research how exactly FACTA works..

If any other nation took the tactic that the USA has with them, I guarantee you it would be another war the US would be involved in

Last edited:

20% of Democrats say they would vote for Trump.

And now Hollywood liberals might be coming around to Trump:

If Hillary goes on to be the nominee, I might not vote.

You're part of the problem, and Bernie's message of a "political revolution" is apparently lost on you.

Plus the presidential race is not the only thing on the ballot

What the hell is Hillary going to do to help me? Not a damn thing.

The Democratic party should be grateful Bernie ran as a Democrat. He could have split the vote.

I'm tired of all this BS. Hillary has very often worked against Labor Unions, I doubt we'd see any benefits of a Clinton presidency.

what if she gets indicted during the general election?

Trump, Cruz, or Rubio are ALL gonna hammer the hell out of Hillary on so many things. She will lose.

So **** all the other people a GOP presidency will hurt too? And **** that people's Civil Rights might get rolled back with a conservative SCOTUS?

If the president won't look out for me first and foremost, then he is unless?

Brah you know what. Stay your *** at home then. Srs

People like you are part of the problem. Can't have it exactly there way, so they take their ball, and walk home crying.

Man, I know what you're saying. I'm just heated and really hate her.

Do you really think she stands a chance against any GOP candidate? You and I both know that she (as horrible as she is) is better than a GOP candidate, but I don't think America does. I really don't think she stands a chance, and the polls say the same thing.

What if the emails stick? Even if they don't, the GOP will attack her so much over it.

Do you really think she stands a chance against any GOP candidate? You and I both know that she (as horrible as she is) is better than a GOP candidate, but I don't think America does. I really don't think she stands a chance, and the polls say the same thing.

What if the emails stick? Even if they don't, the GOP will attack her so much over it.
emails, benghazi.... those two issues alone are enough fuel for the fire

She'll need to bring in Bernie's supporters and get Obama behind her.. I expect bill and co to be way smarter then gore was in 2000 when he tried to distance himself from the popular figure

emails, benghazi.... those two issues alone are enough fuel for the fire
No, she's winning the whole thing.

Emails and Benghazi can be reduced to non-issues.

20% of Democrats say they would vote for Trump.

And now Hollywood liberals might be coming around to Trump:

If Hillary goes on to be the nominee, I might not vote.

You're part of the problem, and Bernie's message of a "political revolution" is apparently lost on you.

Plus the presidential race is not the only thing on the ballot

What the hell is Hillary going to do to help me? Not a damn thing.

The Democratic party should be grateful Bernie ran as a Democrat. He could have split the vote.

I'm tired of all this BS. Hillary has very often worked against Labor Unions, I doubt we'd see any benefits of a Clinton presidency.

what if she gets indicted during the general election?

Trump, Cruz, or Rubio are ALL gonna hammer the hell out of Hillary on so many things. She will lose.

So **** all the other people a GOP presidency will hurt too? And **** that people's Civil Rights might get rolled back with a conservative SCOTUS?

If the president won't look out for me first and foremost, then he is unless?

Brah you know what. Stay your *** at home then. Srs

People like you are part of the problem. Can't have it exactly there way, so they take their ball, and walk home crying.

Brah sorry for snapping.

We all no I don't hate Clinton like most in here, and I want Bernie too, but if Hillary gets the nod liberals have to make sure she wins.

Go all in, maybe it does blow during the election but their is too much at stake for too many folk to not be focused on holding onto the White House and making gains everywhere.

If the Dems take back the Senate, maintain the Presidency, that guarantees a liberal SCOTUS for the nest couple generations. Maybe you call that is progress, maybe you don't. I barely would

But at least it is not thing getting worst. And all we have to do is look at how the GOP did running the show from 2000-2006 to see how bad they can get. Plus that was before the Tea Party turned up the loony to new levels.

This is not exactly news, everyone is partially libertarian. Everyone wants their own personal lives and economic activities to not be taxed or regulated. The problem is that everyone else needs to have their lives monitored, surveilled, censored, regulated and heavily taxed. Even Libertarians are not universally libertarian. They want their legal drugs and low taxes on their trust funds but if you were to be a squatter on one of Mitt Romney's vacant homes, a Libertarian would want agents from Big Government to kidnap you and restrict your liberty for a very long time.

No one is truly anything when it comes to political parties, issue lies in the whole black and white of the political world where you're either this or that

I'm baffled at the minority turnout Hillary has. Bernie was getting arrested over Civil Rights, while Hillary was volunteering for Goldwater.

The Clinton's have been campaigning in the black community for the past 20 years. Bernie shows up 2 weeks before the primary and expects everyone to vote for him. He is doing pretty well considering that he has just shown up.

Last edited:
I'm baffled at the minority turnout Hillary has. Bernie was getting arrested over Civil Rights, while Hillary was volunteering for Goldwater.
baffles me as well. Wish Bernie didn't vote (for what he spoke out about) in the crime bill.

He made a brief mention in the last town hall of his civil rights 'activities' but he is (IMO) overestimating America's ability to truly do there homework.

baffles me as well. Wish Bernie didn't vote (for what he spoke out about) in the crime bill.

He made a brief mention in the last town hall of his civil rights 'activities' but he is (IMO) overestimating America's ability to truly do there homework.

I think he doesn't want to put too much emphasis on his Civil Rights activities because it may come off as pandering.

Back
Top Bottom