***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Hopefully this doesnt get swept under the rug too much

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]884869070126030849[/MEDIA]"]
Along with announcing delay in August recess, Senate Majority Leader McConnell says GOP will release Thurs updated text for health care bill
— NPR (@NPR) July 11, 2017

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]884869190213144577[/MEDIA]"]
A revised CBO score is expected as early as Monday of next week -- no later than Tuesday.
— NPR (@NPR)

July 11, 2017
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]884869234886627329[/MEDIA]"]
A vote on a motion to proceed on the bill is expected in the latter part of next week.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]884869427933708290[/MEDIA]"]
There would be unlimited debate that will likely continue into the week of July 24.
— NPR (@NPR)

July 11, 2017

[/QUOTE]
[/quote]
Turtle can go to hell

How many hours though? Gotta get up to at least 12-16 hours per day to be an expert in here. ****, son, we have some members doing 20 hours per day.

No lies fam. Some members defy time and space and EASILY PUT IN 26 HOURS EACH DAY. [emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]127891[/emoji]

Now that's a high quality person. [emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji]

Just read that article. Found this nugget in it. "Legal experts are divided on whether accepting campaign information from a foreign government is, by itself, against the law. " Guess the title was click bait

How many hours though? Gotta get up to at least 12-16 hours per day to be an expert in here. ****, son, we have some members doing 20 hours per day.

No lies fam. Some members defy time and space and EASILY PUT IN 26 HOURS EACH DAY. [emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]127891[/emoji]

Now that's a high quality person. [emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji][emoji]128133[/emoji]
Da key to da success is 30 hours of news watching a day b

You gotta keep a bucket of sand handy doe. In case da NPR starts with the Libby talking points like biology, economics, and facts

Last edited:
this info provided was exactly why I was telling you it is important about where trump jr tried to get his info from I hope you realize that now.

Yea I understood where you were going with it, but reading the statute I thought it was clear that it was talking about cash contributions. It seems apparent that was the intent of the statute. I guess that's why legal minds are wrestling with whether he broke any law.

What law did he break?

This is the background of the lawyer he was talking to:

how Veselnitskaya is going on TV now saying she has no ties to the Russian government when 1) she's represented SEVERAL Russia state-owned business 2) one of her clients was a senior government official's son and 3) she was married to a former deputy transportation minister in the Moscow region.

She is the one who wanted to talk about "adoption."

After the Magnitsky act passed (the act imposing sanctions on various Russian officials), Russia banned Americans from adopting Russian children. These sanctions are what Russia is pissed about as they have frozen the assets of numerous important figures.

That is the context you ignore.

From there, various events (alteration of the GOP platform towards Russia, refusal to recognize that Russia interfered in the elecroral process, refusal to criticize Putin, alienation of US allies in favor of a rapprochement towards Russia) point to an exchange of favors: Russia delivers damaging info about political opponents to the Trump camp, and in return Trump pushes for a withdrawal of sanctions against Russia.

this info provided was exactly why I was telling you it is important about where trump jr tried to get his info from I hope you realize that now.

Yea I understood where you were going with it, but reading the statute I thought it was clear that it was talking about cash contributions. It seems apparent that was the intent of the statute. I guess that's why legal minds are wrestling with whether he broke any law.

And that's why the federal investigation will continue to go on to see how far this potential collusion and if money was involved. Which is the answer to your point of why no one has been arrested yet.

After the Magnitsky act passed (the act imposing sanctions on various Russian officials), Russia banned Americans from adopting Russian children. These sanctions are what Russia is pissed about as they have frozen the assets of numerous important figures.

From there, various events (alteration of the GOP platform towards Russia, refusal to recognize that Russia interfered in the elecroral process, refusal to criticize Putin, alienation of US allies in favor of a rapprochement towards Russia) point to an exchange of favors: Russia delivers damaging info about political opponents to the Trump camp, and in return Trump pushes for a withdrawal of sanctions against Russia.

This is a splendid mass of assumptions. Words like "point to" means that you are drawing conclusions without actual evidence. Bottom line is the email released today were not in clear violation of any law. For it to have been: 1. The lady would have to qualify as an agent of a foreign government (which hasn't been shown) 2. Opposition research would have to qualify as a "contribution" under the statute (unclear as to whether that is the case"

Far too much uncertainty for people to state unequivocally that DTJ broke the law. Which has been my point all along

if money was involved.

So if there was no money (ontributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements ) involved, then this was just a waste of time? That by itself should be a clue why Jr release those emails today without any concern.

Was someone in here arguing that Trump Jr. definitely 100% broke the law, and I missed it? I think we can all agree that it's too early and there's too little information out there to decide.

What we can say is that the Trump campaign was aware that Russia was making a concerted effort to effect the outcome of the election, and they were even willing to cooperate as far as holding a meting at Trump Tower with three of Trump's top aides.

Now consider the fact that before this information even came out there was an open investigation on Trump's campaign and any collusion with Russia.

People aren't just making a mountain out of a molehill here. If you look at the facts rationally, it isn't very hard to see there's a little more than just smoke here.

Critical thinking is dead.

Last edited:

how Veselnitskaya is going on TV now saying she has no ties to the Russian government when 1) she's represented SEVERAL Russia state-owned business 2) one of her clients was a senior government official's son and 3) she was married to a former deputy transportation minister in the Moscow region.

This is glaringly obvious, but it still needs to be stated.

This is exactly what people were saying a full year ago. Now the facts that are coming up are matching up with that narrative that don sr and his folks said was all lies.

For months it was, "there is no collusion, we never talked to the russians." Now the new talking point they're pushing (and as people in here pointed out, they've been trying to push this new talking point for the past couple weeks) is "sure we talked to them, but who wouldn't? is collusion even illegal?"

Wouldn't lifting sanctions be part of the collusion?
Yup. Lifting sanctions in exchange for illegal actions to help your campaign doesn't sound like a legal act. Actually, when you put it that way, it does start to sound like treason.

But he hasn't been arrested yet so I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:

Hopefully this doesnt get swept under the rug too much
Along with announcing delay in August recess, Senate Majority Leader McConnell says GOP will release Thurs updated text for health care bill

A revised CBO score is expected as early as Monday of next week -- no later than Tuesday.
— NPR (@NPR)

July 11, 2017

A vote on a motion to proceed on the bill is expected in the latter part of next week.

There would be unlimited debate that will likely continue into the week of July 24.
— NPR (@NPR)

July 11, 2017

Turtle can go to hell
Look at this BS 
laugh.gif

Mitch McConnell cancels the first 2 weeks of the August recess due to "unprecedented obstructionism" https://t.co/EjNkPKmmst pic.twitter.com/QYztz3WnB8
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) July 11, 2017
nick-cage-lol.gif

Back
Top Bottom