***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He still has to sell the bill. Remember the party they had in the Rose garden? A little to premature, celebrating with piss beer too.

White trash party

Yeah look at these idiots laughing and celebrating a FAILED BILL... 2 months later, still nothing accomplished! Trump/Republicans = FRAUD
RTS157NO-1024x659.jpg

Yeah look at these idiots laughing and celebrating a FAILED BILL... 2 months later, still nothing accomplished! Trump/Republicans = FRAUD
RTS157NO-1024x659.jpg

Don Looking DAPPA FAM. Who is the bald guy with the red tie? That guy was CLEARLY dare I say HANDSOME in his youth.

Admittedly, I haven't been on the thread for very long, but perhaps a lot of the issue comes down to delivery. Explaining to someone that they are misinformed/mistaken is very different than hurling low-IQ accusations. When I mentioned that the snark is a large part of how someone like Trump is elected, that is what I'm talking about. For instance, the "deplorables" line was un-helpful. Delivery is important. You seem to be pretty reasonable. If we are speaking from a place of honesty, then it is clear that the rhetoric on both sides is ridiculous. And in this thread, the majority of the ridiculousness comes from one side of the aisle.
Skip back in time about a year in this thread. Just take a stroll through the general election campaign season. You need to understand the past to understand the present.

This.

I want to add that a big part of why certain people are unable to recognize when they are wrong is because they lack the understanding of how the information thay challenges their beliefs was deduced in the first place. The method of reasoning used to logically get to a conclusion we call "fact" (or a theory) is the scientific method. Many Americans seem to be unaware of that process, and I guess it is a consequence of the way people are educated throughout their academic career. With much emphasis on information retention and test results, I can see why teachers from kindergarten to colleges would overlook the actual application of the scientific method (observation, hypothesis, test, theory) in favor of feeding students formulas and ask them to plug in numbers.

This is actually one of the strengths of liberal arts: because answers are not set in stone (unlike undergrad engineering) students actually have to reason to get to a convincing conclusion (that is, one that addresses the strengths and weaknesses of a particular position and weights the former against the latter). It should also be remembered that most scientists who gave use the mathematical tools and the insight in physics and chemistry and biology we still explore today were also writers (communication), philosophers, and artists. In light of all of that, I can help but shake my head at those who think lib arts are useless. Above all, they teach you how to reason.

As I read somewhere, you can always disagree with the theory of gravity, jump off a roof, and see if you float.
Great post. I hadn’t considered how important the scientific method is.

It’s one of the first things I remember learning. To think it isn’t the cornerstone of education in the country as a whole makes a lot of sense and is extremely alarming.

nope. the funding for that was cut.
KIDS DON'T NEED TO KNOW HOW TO SCIENCE. SCIENCE NEVER GAVE US ANYTHING. Ask yourself, when was the last time science got down in da coal mines and WORKED for a living? Never! SCIENCE, the libby propaganda machine, has just been living in da ivory towers of elitism it's whole life. Science tried to bury REAL America along with telling it like it is, and da Hemi. Kids these days just need to know da square root of coal and how to best apply da passing lane power. Praise Baetsy BaeVos for overhauling da educoaltion system!

Back
Top Bottom