***Official Political Discussion Thread***

More name calling, smh. And transgender individuals weren't allowed to openly serve in the military under President Obama either.

Keyword openly served which he then changed and they where allowed to openly serve but they where still able to serve. Trumps tweet says they wont even be able to serve at all you don't see the difference?

Keyword openly served which he then changed and they where allowed to openly serve but they where still able to serve. Trumps tweet says they wont even be able to serve at all you don't see the difference?

I think you are citing a distinction without a difference

Bruh.

The rewriting of history by conservatives of late has been sickening.

If the leaks were illegal, and you responded to my question "They have" then they must have arrested all the leakers

The most important thing is that what you are saying makes sense to you. Doesn't matter if it actually makes sense.

Are you joking or serious?

100% serious. Folks have been serving openly since 2016 from what I can tell, and Obama repealed don't ask, don't tell. This guy want to ban them out right. Also, the military didn't even know this was happening.

I think you are citing a distinction without a difference

are you saying that someone who's transgender can still serve secretly, even under trump?

it's not at all clear what trump means, though. is he talking about service or only about medical services?

btw this was funny:

which was followed by about a dozen more replies saying "i served. i disagree"

How would someone know that someone is transgender if it isn't open?

Dude you're ignoring the point even if someone didn't know that didn't change the fact they where still a transgender person serving in the military. Transgender people where still able to serve in the military even if they where not allowed to be open about it at the time, which was eventually changed where they could not only serve like they had been but serve openly as well.

That is very different from Trump tweeting they will not be able to serve in any capacity at all period.

You cannot pretend like there is not a difference between the two

I've answered every question asked. Iamdef asked whether or not the leakers had been arrested. Ostensibly it was in response to me stating that no one from Trump's team has been arrested for collusion. I cited an article of a leaker being charged, and his response was to say, well every leaker hasn't been charged. But I'm the one dancing and skirting....

tenor.gif

Dude you're ignoring the point even if someone didn't know that didn't change the fact they where still a transgender person serving in the military. Transgender people where still able to serve in the military even if they where not allowed to be open about it at the time, which was eventually changed where they could not only serve like they had been but serve openly as well.

That is very different from Trump tweeting they will not be able to serve in any capacity at all period.

You cannot pretend like there is not a difference between the two

If someone is secretly a transgendered individual, what would prevent them from serving? How could anyone enforce a ban on transgendered individuals serving UNLESS they were open. Be practical. And under Obama, transgendered individuals were not allowed to serve openly. This is not some new development. It is what has been the policy.

If someone is secretly a transgendered individual, what would prevent them from serving? How could anyone enforce a ban on transgendered individuals serving UNLESS they were open. Be practical. And under Obama, transgendered individuals were not allowed to serve openly. This is not some new development. It is what has been the policy.

I don't how about you ask the president how he plans on enforcing the ban he is apparently advocating. Sounds like you are realizing he is proposing something that cant actually be upheld easily without forcing people to identify (similar to the bathroom thing in North Carolina) Which should make you ask why are they even doing it if in practice it isn't possible.

And dude I have acknowledged twice now they where not allowed to serve openly then it was changed which is what you refuse to acknowledge.

The point you are missing is there is a difference between them being able to serve but not openly like how it used to be. And Trump proposing they can't serve at all in any capacity.

What Trump is proposing is not what the policy has been under Obama like you are saying

Back
Top Bottom