***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You're completely skirting around the issue.

If you think people having to serve secretly is any type of recourse or justification for the president's tweet this morning, I'm not quite sure what can be said.

I don't think he believes this is a good counter argument. We all know it's ridiculous to defend this by saying 'well, all they have to do is not let anyone ever find out to avoid persecution.'

I'm not sure who he thinks he's fooling.

I don't how about you ask the president how he plans on enforcing the ban he is apparently advocating. Sounds like you are realizing he is proposing something that cant actually be upheld easily without forcing people to identify (similar to the bathroom thing in North Carolina) Which should make you ask why are they even doing it if in practice it isn't possible.

And dude I have acknowledged twice now they where not allowed to serve openly then it was changed which is what you refuse to acknowledge.

The point you are missing is there is a difference between them being able to serve but not openly like how it used to be. And Trump proposing they can't serve at all.

What Trump is proposing is not what the policy has been under Obama like you are saying

It did not change, is what you are not acknowledging. Obama proposed a policy to allow transgendered individuals to serve openly, but it was never actually allowed.

My point is, that he is clearly referencing "openly" because anything else is impossible to identify. The NC bathroom was dumb. How would you know someone's gender-at-birth?

You're completely skirting around the issue.

If you think people having to serve secretly is any type of recourse or justification for the president's tweet this morning, I'm not quite sure what can be said.

I don't think he believes this is a good counter argument. We all know it's ridiculous to defend this by saying 'well, all they have to do is not let anyone ever find out to avoid persecution.'

I'm not sure who he thinks he's fooling.

That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that transgendered individuals have not been allowed to openly serve under any U.S. President. This is not some new idea. It sounds like you all are taking issue with the status quo.

It did not change, is what you are not acknowledging. Obama proposed a policy to allow transgendered individuals to serve openly, but it was never actually allowed.

My point is, that he is clearly referencing "openly" because anything else is impossible to identify. The NC bathroom was dumb. How would you know someone's gender-at-birth?
Is your objection with the NC bathroom bill solely that it's dumb because it would be hard to enforce? Or also that the entire idea is based on utter nonsense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/us/transgender-military.html
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter on Thursday removed one of the final barriers to military service by lifting the Pentagon’s ban on transgender people serving openly in the armed forces.

“Effective immediately, transgender Americans may serve openly,” Mr. Carter said. “They can no longer be discharged or otherwise separated from the military just for being transgender.”

EDIT: and you say he is clearly referencing openly is wrong when his tweet clearly lines out exactly what he meant

My point is, that he is clearly referencing "openly" because anything else is impossible to identify.

*looks at Trumps tweet*
After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......

....Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming.....

....victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you

My point is, that he is clearly referencing "openly" because anything else is impossible to identify.

Sure whatever you gotta tell yourself buddy. It was clear what Trump meant

That's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is that transgendered individuals have not been allowed to openly serve under any U.S. President. This is not some new idea. It sounds like you all are taking issue with the status quo.
The DoD under Obama lifted the ban on transgenders serving openly but with a 1 year Pentagon review period on how to handle new recruits before final implementation. Mattis temporarily blocked that implementation by extending the review period. Trump has now blocked transgenders from serving in the military, period. Openly or not.

Last edited:
Hey, peepaw really needs to get his rocks off. He may not remember it tomorrow but he appreciates it

Well now we all know how to dodge the draft

Just dress up like a woman for that day they draft you and then you will get rejected lol

Or, follow the great orange leaders lead and say you have 'bone spurs'
This is why I would never serve in the military under a Trump admin. The guy is a draft dodger and not a hero in any way. If I was drafted in any other presidential admin I would serve if I was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom