***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I love how he's got that in 36-point font.

Alright, let me geek out for a second to explain things (as an eye doc). There are essentially 3 types of refractive errors - nearsight (need glasses to see far away), farsight ( tougher to explain but glasses more useful for close tasks and then distance gets blurred as focussing power reduces with age) and presbyopia (the reduction of focussing power so you can no longer change from far to near focus).

At about 45-50 everyone develops presbyopia - so will need reading glasses (unless you are nearsighted when you can often just read without them - so you take off your distance correction to see up close). If you can read at 50+ without glasses it's not because you're special it's because you're nearsighted. It's just a physical impossibility to change focus like you could when you were younger. Laser surgery can only correct you for one distance - you can have one eye for distance and one for reading which is okay but for small detailed documents anyone would struggle. Same with contact lenses. I don't believe that none of these guys are not needing glasses - they're just really careful to not show them in public.

It really amuses me that in American politics glasses still appear to be a problem - like needing reading glasses is a sign of weakness? Designated Survivor touched on that occasionally when Kiefer Sutherland's character was told to start using contact lenses.

Little Donny clearly tries to put himself out there as the epitome of virility or something so clearly can't be shown to need reading glasses - so he hides that by printing everything in yuuuuge fonts. One of these days it's going to catch him out when he can't read something that is given to him.

Tony Blair took a huge amount of flak a few years ago when he was the Prime Minister of Great Britain and got reading glasses. I'm pretty sure I've seen Bill Clinton with some recently - but not when he was in office. GHB wore glasses sometimes but I can't think of any others recently.

Add him to the squad
giphy.gif

get a clue sir, MVP barbershop doesn't exist ... there's a Jordan MVP, but its so new and da fact ive never taken a haircut there, and its not nearly in da elite category others on da St. Nick strip occupy.

You know damn well I mean that Jordan MVP. You really think I know what barber you go to? And my point was to shed light on the fact that you don't talk like that in your hood around ya people.

Last edited:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
More
Amazon is doing great damage to tax paying retailers. Towns, cities and states throughout the U.S. are being hurt - many jobs being lost!

Back
Top Bottom