***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What are you talking about I said LONG ago that I gave the edge to Biden and since when did Hannitys website become my boys. Posting all this Fatality images etc is just overboard
who cares who you gave the edge to?

I don't care if Biden was as meek as Obama was...

Where are the facts homie.

Please present them.

I know it DAMN sure wasn't foreign policy.

Ryan's card has been getting pulled on the economy for over a year well before the debt ceiling remarks

Ryan doesn't understand anything about how taxes affect business owners. Peep his classification of "small business"

Where are you going keep making this stuff up man?

Oh so now all the same talking heads who said Romney won because of the posturing and interrupting aka "style," or complaining about Biden being disrespectful, condescending and rolling his eyes

Not sure what you were watching but the actions and posturing and interruptions were quite different between Romney and Biden
How so? Romney was just interrupting and overtalking Obama and the moderator and everybody loved it, talked about how energized he was and how he won off of style alone even while at the same time admitting he was lying or at least flip flopping, throwing his little prerehearsed one liners like the "you get your own house and your own plane..." line. But now in the vice presidential debate, people are complaining about Biden being disrespectful and mean.

You're taking a lovely note from the Romney team. 

When pressed for specifics, deny, avoid, evade. repeat.

Ok biden said no more support was asked for in Libya when in fact there was. The state department was indeed asked for more security

Theres your foreign policy for ya

Last edited:

Ok biden said no more support was asked for in Libya when in fact there was. The state department was indeed asked for more security
You mean when the french report had indicated that everything was OK?

They got blindsided.

Just listen to yourself.

Do you REALLY think that we wouldn't listen to a viable indicator to a threat to the safety of people in the most unstable-open US intervention in the middle east? 

You must think we planned it too.

Fox News should be called the UMAD Network for the next 24 hours.  They are irate about how Biden acted during the debates.

What are you talking about I said LONG ago that I gave the edge to Biden and since when did Hannitys website become my boys. Posting all this Fatality images etc is just overboard

No, it wasn't an edge to Biden. It was a massacre!

"You sent me 2 letters asking for stimulus money"

They got blindsided.

Just listen to yourself.

Do you REALLY think that we wouldn't listen to a viable indicator to a threat to the safety of people in the most unstable-open US intervention in the middle east? 

what does the french have to do with our state department asking for more security

They got blindsided.

Just listen to yourself.

what does the french have to do with our state department asking for more security
Do you know what Libya is?

Additionally, even if we flubbed on that, thats Obama's administration's fault and I can't defend that.

But LISTEN to yourself when you make these statements.

Why is it acceptable for Romney to speak out on something he doesn't even understand?

Why is it not acceptable for the understanding of the attack to evolve as we learn more?

If thats the case, and you and me would agree, then you shouldn't trust anything the government EVER says only because you'll never hear the truth about foreign events anyways.

Last edited:
Both sides lie, each has significant faults and will not deliver on their promises. They'll present these ideals that do not work when implemented.

That being said, whether you believed in winning a debate or not, that argument is tired, but Biden's performance is in stark contrast to that of Obama. He was stronger in his presentation, rebuttals and demeanor. It's a stage, appearance matters too.

At the same time, I personally think that aside from the idea of him sonning Ryan, Biden's repeated laughs and exaggerated facial expressions were a little much and won't sit well with some people. It may have been part of his planned approach but it came off as a little condescending and smug.

Overall, this one was clear that at first glance, Biden was much stronger just as Romney was.

Its not independents that annoy me. I think those are the most reasonable people.

its undecided voters.

Who ARE these people?

You said you wanted facts

Fact is Biden said additional support wasnt asked for when in fact the state department did ask for additional support.

But remember it was just a group of protestors right or it takes two weeks to come to the conclusion it was a terrorist attack.

But im done going back and forth with people who are obviously one sided. I am not a republican. I am fiscallly conservative esp on the tax issue but definitely lean to the left on social issues.

Last edited:
You said you wanted facts

Fact is Biden said additional support wasnt asked for when in fact the state department did ask for additional support.

But remember it was just a group of protestors right or it takes two weeks to come to the conclusion it was a terrorist attack.

But im done going back and forth with people who are obviously one sided. I am not a republican. I am fiscallly conservative but definitely lean to the left on social issues.
Were you not reading?
Originally Posted by FutureMD  

Additionally, even if we flubbed on that, thats Obama's administration's fault and I can't defend that.

But LISTEN to yourself when you make these statements.

Why is it acceptable for Romney to speak out on something he doesn't even understand?

Why is it not acceptable for the understanding of the attack to evolve as we learn more?

If thats the case, and you and me would agree, then you shouldn't trust anything the government EVER says only because you'll never hear the truth about foreign events anyways.

Were you not reading?

So you are saying that Biden was factually incorrect?

You said you wanted a fact and esp on foreign policy so I gave one.

Also two weeks is an excessive time to let things evolve in this scenario

Last edited:
What happend to T-bone from 08?

We ran him out of here. T-Bone caught a verbal beat down similar to that of Paul Ryan tonight after Obama won and we haven't seen him since. We managed to send T-Bone packing and running for the hills, next up is ninjahood.

You need a political reality check-

Future, if you know anything about politics then you should know whenever the mid-term election comes around the party whose running against the President is always the party "denying, avoiding, evading, and repeating " like you say. Same thing Kerry did in 2004, and it's the same thing Obama and McCain both did in 2008 since they were going after an open seat. What's different with Mid-term elections is that it's easier for the opposing party to attack the President because you can critique his past 4 years (short-comings, false promises, etc) and declare more optimistic methods (that may never work either).

You're making it out to seem like Obama and his campaign are the divine truth givers, when in reality 4 years ago they lied and promised a bunch of nonsense. Every party, every politician, - lies, makes false promises, and manipulates so they can WIN THE ELECTION. Each party is running different campaigns, one is trying to maintain office the other is trying to take office. Common sense should tell you whose going to twist the truth more.

That's why I've been telling you, substance doesn't matter as much as style in elections/debates. How the hell do you think a 46 year old inexperienced Obama won in 2008?

[h1]Romney: ‘We Don’t Have People Who Die Because They Don’t Have Insurance’[/h1]
By Rebecca Leber  on Oct 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

romney-obamacare.jpeg
Mitt Romney doubled down on his suggestion that uninsured Americans can find the care they need in emergency rooms, telling The Dispatch that people will always receive the treatment they need, and do not die or suffer  because they can not pay for care. He pointed to federal law that requires hospitals to admit emergency patients, repeating his advice that patients rely on the most expensive form of care  reserved strictly for emergencies. Romney told the Columbus Dispatch:
“We don’t have a setting across this country where if you don’t have insurance, we just say to you, ‘Tough luck, you’re going to die when you have your heart attack,’  ” he said as he offered more hints as to what he would put in place of “Obamacare,” which he has pledged to repeal.

“No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital. We don’t have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don’t have insurance.”

He pointed out that federal law requires hospitals to treat those without health insurance — although hospital officials frequently say that drives up health-care costs.
Emergency rooms serve as a place of last resort, but 45,000 Americans still die every year  because they lack health insurance, or one every 12 minutes. Uninsured adults under age 65 are also at a 40 percent higher death risk. Hospitals may treat patients for emergency medical conditions regardless of legal status or ability to pay, but patients with chronic conditions that don’t require emergency interference are often unable to access needed care.

Romney’s health care proposal would leave 72 million Americans  without health insurance and wouldn’t provide all uninsured Americans with a stable source of insurance.

[h1]Romney: ‘We Don’t Have People Who Die Because They Don’t Have Insurance’[/h1]

By Rebecca Leber on Oct 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

romney-obamacare.jpeg

Mitt Romney doubled down on his suggestion that uninsured Americans can find the care they need in emergency rooms, telling The Dispatch that people will always receive the treatment they need, and do not die or suffer because they can not pay for care. He pointed to federal law that requires hospitals to admit emergency patients, repeating his advice that patients rely on the most expensive form of care reserved strictly for emergencies. Romney told the Columbus Dispatch:

“We don’t have a setting across this country where if you don’t have insurance, we just say to you, ‘Tough luck, you’re going to die when you have your heart attack,’  ” he said as he offered more hints as to what he would put in place of “Obamacare,” which he has pledged to repeal.

“No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital. We don’t have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don’t have insurance.”

He pointed out that federal law requires hospitals to treat those without health insurance — although hospital officials frequently say that drives up health-care costs.

Emergency rooms serve as a place of last resort, but 45,000 Americans still die every year because they lack health insurance, or one every 12 minutes. Uninsured adults under age 65 are also at a 40 percent higher death risk. Hospitals may treat patients for emergency medical conditions regardless of legal status or ability to pay, but patients with chronic conditions that don’t require emergency interference are often unable to access needed care.

Romney’s health care proposal would leave 72 million Americans without health insurance and wouldn’t provide all uninsured Americans with a stable source of insurance.

A little OFF TOPIC wouldnt you say. Dont jump off the track of the fact i provided about libya. But I dont think you want a debate with me on healthcare but of course i didnt read the article so i cant say if i agree with it or not

Please dont get me started on Emergency Departments.

Last edited:

You need a political reality check-

Future, if you know anything about politics then you should know whenever the mid-term election comes around the party whose running against the President is always the party "denying, avoiding, evading, and repeating " like you say. Same thing Kerry did in 2004, and it's the same thing Obama and McCain both did in 2008 since they were going after an open seat. What's different with Mid-term elections is that it's easier for the opposing party to attack the President because you can critique his past 4 years (short-comings, false promises, etc) and declare more optimistic methods (that may never work either).

You're making it out to seem like Obama and his campaign are the divine truth givers, when in reality 4 years ago they lied and promised a bunch of nonsense. Every party, every politician, - lies, makes false promises, and manipulates so they can WIN THE ELECTION. Each party is running different campaigns, one is trying to maintain office the other is trying to take office. Common sense should tell you whose going to twist the truth more.

That's why I've been telling you, substance doesn't matter as much as style in elections/debates. How the hell do you think a 46 year old inexperienced Obama won in 2008?
What you need is to understand is that WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH matters. 

A debate is a battle of spoken word.

if the STATEMENTS you make are not true, then ON THE RECORD, thats all you can judge.

As such, Obama and Biden have been more consistent in their comments AND have issues more factual statements than their opponents. 

I'm quite aware how politicians make promises and how they twist words.

But words matter. On the record statements matter.

You better make sure that whatever you say is at least true. Otherwise you're wasting your time. 

By Rebecca Leber on Oct 11, 2012 at 9:35 am

romney-obamacare.jpeg

Mitt Romney doubled down on his suggestion that uninsured Americans can find the care they need in emergency rooms, telling The Dispatch that people will always receive the treatment they need, and do not die or suffer because they can not pay for care. He pointed to federal law that requires hospitals to admit emergency patients, repeating his advice that patients rely on the most expensive form of care reserved strictly for emergencies. Romney told the Columbus Dispatch:

Emergency rooms serve as a place of last resort, but 45,000 Americans still die every year because they lack health insurance, or one every 12 minutes. Uninsured adults under age 65 are also at a 40 percent higher death risk. Hospitals may treat patients for emergency medical conditions regardless of legal status or ability to pay, but patients with chronic conditions that don’t require emergency interference are often unable to access needed care.

Romney’s health care proposal would leave 72 million Americans without health insurance and wouldn’t provide all uninsured Americans with a stable source of insurance.
He is an idiot

Thank you Joe Biden for being an ***, have some respect and let the man talk a bit
to the people calling Romney/Ryan liers and etc, didn't Obama promise sub 6% unemployment, AND to slash the debt? In b4 blame on bush

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom