***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

This is a strange concept to me. Then again our cable is rather cheap and doesn't have anywhere remotely close to the content y'all have.
I'd have to check the exact details in the bills but I know our 200mb/s download and 30mb/s upload internet with fibreoptic cable amounts to around €75 per month. I know our cable is significantly less.
Our only tv is downstairs so personally I don't watch much tv. It's mostly my mom.
I have my laptop and a large monitor upstairs that I can stream whatever I want on.

Closer to $200 per month here when you include premium channels. I can only speak for xfinity.

On what planet are headlines not click bait? That's the entire point of the headline. To draw you in to read the entire article. Do you know nothing of journalism?

I wasn't aware they were doing all these smaller operations like helping fund state secession movements.

This is one of the big problems people have with Trump and his administration. Not only is he denying their collusion with Russia, which is one thing, but he's refusing to acknowledge publicly that they've been doing ANY cyber-warfare related things.

It's a danger to democracies. Not only here, but across the world. It should be something they can admit is a serious threat, at bare minimum.

I wasn't aware they were doing all these smaller operations like helping fund state secession movements.

This is one of the big problems people have with Trump and his administration. Not only is he denying their collusion with Russia, which is one thing, but he's refusing to acknowledge publicly that they've been doing ANY cyber-warfare related things.

It's a danger to democracies. Not only here, but across the world. It should be something they can admit is a serious threat, at bare minimum.

Amy American should be able admit this is a very serious problem we're looking at. Regardless of who they are working for their goal is clearly to dismantle this country from within and make it look like we undid it ourselves. This is more important than partisan issues and politics. There's a lot more at stake than pride and winning seats and offices. The fabric of the US itself is in great danger.

Closer to $200 per month here when you include premium channels. I can only speak for xfinity.
I checked my bills and these are the actual numbers of what I pay over here per month:

200mb/s download & 30mb/s upload internet with fibreoptic cable:
€74

Standard cable tv package:
€25 total
€12 for the cable package
€4 for copyrights
€9 for the Digibox device that provides the cable channels

Talking about gun control after Vegas = Politicizing a tragedy

Changing immigration policies right after NYC attack = Ok?

The right, ladies and gentlemen.

Vegas-white person

NYC-brown person

Couldn't be any more obvious

The Impeached former Catalonia prime minister Puigdemont is still remaining in Belgium along with several other removed government officials.

Spain is pushing for a European arrest warrant against Puigdemont. This will likely happen soon.
The other Catalonian government officials who did show up to the Spanish courts this morning have been imprisoned for the time being.

I am torn about the Spain situation
It's not much but Catalonian government officials including Puigdemont and citizens are allowed to apply for political asylum in Belgium. Our minister of immigration, a member of our largest conservative party, has stated this. Citizens from the Basque Country region in northern Spain have applied under that statute in the past.

It has been pretty common knowledge in Europe that Russia has been trying to exert this kind of influence for many years in the Baltic states and parts of Eastern-Europe.
Lithuania for example actually has a "What to do in the event of a Russian invasion" civil defense booklet that they issue to their citizens. They updated it in a more serious tone in late 2016.
In 2015 Lithuania's parliament also reintroduced conscription over security concerns with Russia.
I imagine the Baltic states and many European countries weren't very surprised to hear about their operations and the scale of them in the US, France, Germany, Montenegro, ...

Back
Top Bottom