***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Let us make sure we keep the context in mind:

During an event with Axios and NBC in Washington, D.C., Perry brought up sexual assault after launching into a story about a trip to Africa, where he said "people are dying" because they don't have access to energy.

"And it's going to take fossil fuels to push power out into those villages in Africa, where a young girl said to my face, 'One of the reasons that electricity is so important to me is not only because I'm not going to have to try and read by the light of a fire and have those fumes literally kill people," Perry said.

He continued: "But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts."

tenor.gif

Let us make sure we keep the context in mind:

During an event with Axios and NBC in Washington, D.C., Perry brought up sexual assault after launching into a story about a trip to Africa, where he said "people are dying" because they don't have access to energy.

"And it's going to take fossil fuels to push power out into those villages in Africa, where a young girl said to my face, 'One of the reasons that electricity is so important to me is not only because I'm not going to have to try and read by the light of a fire and have those fumes literally kill people," Perry said.

He continued: "But also from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts."

tenor.gif

Was Rick Perry not the guy with terrible grades in college and with just about zero qualifications for being the Secretary of Energy? Or am I thinking of someone else with a bunch of D's on his college transcripts?

Dapper Don also said this yesterday:
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/trump-tax-reform-mnuchin-cohn-244419
Trump: 'I will be blaming Mnuchin and Cohn' for any trouble with tax reform
President Donald Trump said Wednesday that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and economic adviser Gary Cohn will stay in Washington as the president travels to Asia — and they can shoulder the blame if tax reform fails.

“Key administration officials, including Secretary Mnuchin and Gary Cohn, will be staying back from the trip to Asia to remain vigilant and making sure the tax cuts pass,” the president told reporters during a Cabinet meeting at the White House. “So if I have any problems, I will be blaming Mnuchin and Cohn. Believe me, they’ll be hearing from me.”

People in the room laughed at the remark. But Trump also said that Mnuchin and Cohn will “do very well.” He said his administration is already “doing very well.”

House Republicans are expected to unveil their bill on Thursday. They delayed their initial unveiling, which was expected Wednesday morning, to finalize key details. In Trump’s telling: “They have taken a few extra hours.”

“The House, I must tell you, they’ve been working really hard, and they’ve been coming up with a great plan,” Trump said. “And the Senate’s coming up with a great plan. And they’re gonna be put together, and something’s going to come out of that that will be, I think, really, really something very special.”

On what planet are headlines not click bait? That's the entire point of the headline. To draw you in to read the entire article. Do you know nothing of journalism?

I am literally saying what you're saying... Belgium was acting like it wasn't clickbait. How my "Gotta love the headline to substance ratio" comment devolved into this is beyond me.

I am literally saying what you're saying... Belgium was acting like it wasn't clickbait. How my "Gotta love the headline to substance ratio" comment devolved into this is beyond me.

Actually, you're not. At all. You TRIED to act like there was context missing(there's not) based on a headline, calling it click bait (completely ignoring that is the literal point of a headline in the first place). Im not about to play this game with you though. EVERYONE sees what you tried to do

Actually, you're not. At all. You TRIED to act like there was context missing(there's not) based on a headline, calling it click bait (completely ignoring that is the literal point of a headline in the first place). Im not about to play this game with you though. EVERYONE sees what you tried to do

Saying "gotta love the headline to substance ratio" was me trying to say what? That it was clickbait? It is. You've said as much. There's no game. The issue is that you--and others--assumed I was making a point that I wasn't. That is not my problem.

You say that now but earlier....

We are missing each other. My entire point was that you had to read the article to find the substance. The headline, alone, was clickbait. It would make someone assume he made a statement without the additional context of the terrorist attack. That is why I said gotta love the headline to substance ratio.

And before then you said

Reading into those statements without the context of the event he was commenting on is disingenuous.

And when Belgium asked you to explain what your initial comment meant you responded with:

I'm sure you know what it means

And now all of a sudden you are trying to act like you was just making a broad statement with no ulterior motive or reason.

Again, nobody anywhere at any given time should ever try to make assumptions solely off headlines. Someone could be reading the best and most accurate headlines and they'd still be idiots for not actually reading the articles.

Yes. Now a simple yes or no for you. Do you understand the meaning of context?

The context doesn't matter because he was suggesting doing away with due process. That's sharia law territory.

I was gonna ask you if you knew what mob justice looks like, but then I remembered "Strange Fruit." Unsurprisingly, some people want to go back to that.

Back
Top Bottom