***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Carter "The Mouth" Page
LightMediocreAfricanpiedkingfisher-max-1mb.gif

What is the idea? The reason most people think the gun control stuff is dumb after an attack is because there's no way to say that it would have prevented it. Murder is already illegal, but a murderer would adhere to gun laws?
Following your logic, why should we bother trying to deter drunk driving? Drunk driving is already illegal and someone that wants to drive drunk isn't going to bother abiding by any laws!

The idea is you prevent people from being able to commit the crime. In my example with drunk driving, if we prevent people from being able to operate a vehicle or heavy machinery while intoxicated, they can no longer commit the crime.

Man, there must be a **** storm coming for Hillary ... All of a sudden, any Democrat with presidential aspirations is screaming about a fixed primary ... Interesting ...

Nothing happening to Hillary. Nobody with half a brain still even pays attention to the Clintons.

I had to unfollow a friend on Facebook a few days ago because of his nonstop "Never Hillary" and "Hillary for Prison" posts for the past 2 years. He's one of those salty Bernie supporters who'd rather have Trump over Hillary :lol: :smh: I mean damn, I liked Bernie as well but this is some extremist @#$@ similar to Trump devotees

You can't even admit they ****ed Bernie out of the nomination when Donna Brazile just admitted to it. Your hate for Bernie and love for Hillary is on some Trumptard steeze.

Sorry, but Bernie wasn’t winning that primary. He didn’t even come close to winning and it had nothing to do with the “rigging”. It was Hillary’s time and we all knew that. Bern was NEVER going to secure the black, southern vote, which is critical to getting that nomination.

Did shady **** occur? Absolutely. But we really gotta stop this fantasy that Bernie was gonna win. LOOK AT THE PRIMARY VOTING NUMBERS. Spoiler alert: she had 3.5 million more votes than Bernie.

And btw, why are we acting like Brazile’s word is golden? This is the same chick that gave Hillary debate questions, no? Oh, so now she wants to point fingers and act like she was above the sheisty **** that was happening in the DNC? SHE WAS A PART OF IT.

I think the development that she paid $9M for the fake dossier to steal the election from Trump is significant ... Now, I am not opposed to getting dirt on your opponent, but the fact it was the genesis of Trump's "ties to Russia" and we have spent millions investigating this nonsense, kind of irks me ...

Then you have Twitter coming out and admitting to deleting tweets that harm the DNC ... Come on people, at some point you have to ask yourself if you are going to continue to go along with the facade of your party ...

I think the development that she paid $9M for the fake dossier to steal the election from Trump is significant ... Now, I am not opposed to getting dirt on your opponent, but the fact it was the genesis of Trump's "ties to Russia" and we have spent millions investigating this nonsense, kind of irks me ...

Then you have Twitter coming out and admitting to deleting tweets that harm the DNC ... Come on people, at some point you have to ask yourself if you are going to continue to go along with the facade of your party ...
:lol: :lol:

Biblethumping nutjobs back at it again
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/3...llow-churches-to-endorse-political-candidates
GOP tax bill would allow churches to endorse political candidates
The House Republican tax bill released Thursday would allow churches to endorse political candidates, rolling back a 1950s-era law that bars such activities.

The proposed change is listed at the end of the 429-page legislation.

It states that churches should not lose their tax-exempt status based on statements about political candidates made during the course of religious services.

The change to what is known as the Johnson Amendment has long been a priority of leaders on the religious right. They say the policy violates the First Amendment.

The Johnson Amendment prohibits 501(c)(3) nonprofits from engaging in certain political activities.

President Trump vowed to repeal the amendment during the campaign, saying it would "give our churches their voice back."

Shortly after taking office, Trump said he would “totally destroy” the amendment, which allows the IRS to revoke a church’s tax exempt status if it’s deemed to be participating in a political campaign.

A group of more than 4,000 religious leaders from around the country wrote a letter in August opposing efforts to repeal the Johnson Amendment, saying it “would harm houses or worship, which are not identified or divided by partisan lines.”

Just because you scream the same lie at the top of your lungs 1000000 times doesn't make it true.

Democrats recuperated the dossier after the GOP failed to make use of it to make Trump lose the primaries.

It’s one thing to say the DNC helped fund the dossier (which is true), but to leave out that a GOP firm did the initial funding would be considered not telling the whole story.

Also the Trump-Russia ties is starting to catch wheels with members of the campaign snitching on one another, with even Trump throwing his own son in law under the bus. I still don’t expect Trump to be impeached since GOP got no balls, but it looks like another Oliver North situation for the rest of the crew.

Both parties may be not clean, but Trump and company have far far more to lose in power.

It’s one thing to say the DNC helped fund the dossier (which is true), but to leave out that a GOP firm did the initial funding would be considered not telling the whole story.

Also the Trump-Russia ties is starting to catch wheels with members of the campaign snitching on one another, with even Trump throwing his own son in law under the bus. I still don’t expect Trump to be impeached since GOP got no balls, but it looks like another Oliver North situation for the rest of the crew.

Both parties may be not clean, but Trump and company have far far more to lose in power.
The complaint against the DNC is not that they funded the dossier, is that the filed improper paperwork regarding it.

Back
Top Bottom