***Official Political Discussion Thread***

“Whites, it must frankly be said, are not putting in a similar mass effort to reeducate themselves out of their racial ignorance. It is an aspect of their sense of superiority that the white people of America believe they have so little to learn. The reality of substantial investment to assist Negroes into the twentieth century, adjusting to Negro neighbors and genuine school integration, is still a nightmare for all too many white Americans. These are the deepest causes for contemporary abrasions between the races. Loose and easy language about equality, resonant resolutions about brotherhood fall pleasantly on the ear, but for the Negro there is a credibility gap he cannot overlook. He remembers that with each modest advance the white population promptly raises the argument that the Negro has come far enough. Each step forward accents an ever-present tendency to backlash.”

40 years later and it's still true. Happy MLK day yall.

Amazed how quickly this story is just going away..

If Trump gets in too much hot water over this stuff we all know who he can call for advice...

1200px-Bill_Clinton.jpg

Why not try commenting on what I said rather than what you think my motive is...

I didn't really care when Billy was gettin' reamed for it either.

I did not vote for Trump. I did however vote for Bill Clinton way back when.

Why not try commenting on what I said rather than what you think my motive is...

I didn't really care when Billy was gettin' reamed for it either.

I did not vote for Trump. I did however vote for Bill Clinton way back when.
Your motive is to drop a drive by post in hopes of antagonizing liberals in this thread, because you have an issue with our political beliefs.

Regarding the content. It is a whataboutisms Clinton's impeachment was a joke, no Dem is calling for Trump's head over this, there are other stuff that should have gotten him clipped anyway.

Famb, you are way too old to be acting this petty.

Regarding the content. It is a whataboutisms that ignores the fact the GOP did use Clinton's affairs as political weapons. Even leveraged one to try to get him impeached.

I know. I was there. I saw it all unfold and I thought it was ridiculous.
It was to make people feel Clinton was morally corrupt. A lot of folks back then let that guide their overall view of him.

Son was using his position of power to get oral in the oval & I really didn't care.
The economy was better then & the population was not as politcally divided. It was very obviously desperation on the part of the Republican party....
to try and set up a Republican to win the next election - which - somehow - happened.

When I said I didn't like Stephen Colbert in another thread - Nike Jordan Nike Jordan ished on me for it.
Said nothing I say matters because I watch wrestling (every week.)

I didn't understand at first why he did that - but I totally understand now. I hadn't remembered his frequency
in this thread.

Take out the voice first - then the audience will not value anything they say. Ever. I get it.

I too have a Dream like Dr. Dabo Swinney Jr.
I have a dream that college football players would bring their own guts on every play, stop being entitled while Dr. SWINNEY makes millions off their labor and that they stand UP for the anthem knowing that we had a black president (he was a disaster). That is my dream.

"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Letter From The Birmingham Jail"
April 16, 1963

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...n-luther-king-jrs-solution-to-poverty/283193/

"It was time, he believed, for a more straightforward approach: the government needed to make sure every American had a reasonable income.

In part, King's thinking seemed to stem from a sense that no amount of economic growth could provide jobs for all or eliminate poverty...

One day, I am sure that we will find Dr. King's lost tapes where he will say "Now brothers and sister, the time is ripe for all of us to save six months salary, mine the coal from deep beneath the Earth, embrace da #winningmindset and above all, pray for seven percent annualized GDP growth. amen"

Another except from the MLK lost tapes....

"One day brothers and sisters a new genre of music will rise. This genre will be performed by our young negro men, tell stories of the despair that exists within our urban ghettoes, yet be enjoyed by all manner of men, even our young white brothers and sisters in the suburbs. And these musicians will hold enough cultural power that any white man that takes just one picture with one of these artist, or is even mentioned in one of their songs, will have his racism be totally absolved. I have been to the Mountaintop brothers and sisters, and I have seen the coming of this new intelligencia"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom