***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Da Libby got da presidential pardon

Mindblown
That's because poor Scooter Libby was the victim of a WITCH HUNT and a CROOKED SPECIAL COUNSEL
He didn't deserve that kind of punishment. :smh:
All he did was perjure himself before a grand jury, lied to the FBI and committed obstruction of justice in the Valerie Plame investigation. Libby was treated very unfairly when they convicted him on the above charges.

Apparently he preparing to be fired. With the escalated rhetoric against the agency I wouldn't be surprised.
To be fair I think both Mueller and Rosenstein have known from early on that they could be fired. Trump has already tried to fire Mueller on 2 separate occasions; last June and December. Rosenstein has also received plenty of attacks for months, especially from Trump's lackeys on Fox News. They probably operate under the assumption they could be fired at any given moment.

a5c5e9f8-ab21-4adc-8cf2-61ccf679b339_text_hi.gif

fca0a9e4-761f-4b91-a88b-b2a03ad081c0_text_hi.gif

whats going to happen if he fires Rosenstein...?
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer

Normally the next person in the DOJ line of succession would take his post. However the previous #3 official, Rachel Brand, resigned in February. Jesse Panuccio is currently the acting associate attorney general but he isn't confirmed and Trump hasn't nominated any replacement so he would not have the required authority.
Rosenstein's removal would ultimately result in Solicitor General Noel Francisco taking that position if the DOJ line of succession is unaltered.

Trump could override the DOJ's line of succession but that could result in legal challenges because there have been conflicting legal memos on overriding the line of succession.
Additionally, Sessions or whoever is the Attorney General can make changes to the line of succession.

Lastly, Trump could force out Rosenstein or Sessions and appoint someone to their positions who would dismiss Mueller. Under the 1998 Federal Vacancies Reform Act, the president can temporarily fill vacant executive branch positions. He could then use that Vacancies Act to replace Rosenstein or Sessions with a cabinet member that has already passed Senate confirmation. Pruitt is the only attorney left in his cabinet if I recall correctly. He would swiftly dismiss Mueller if given the opportunity.
The problem with this is that the Vacancies Act was originally intended for deaths or resignations. It's not legally clear if the law would apply if the vacancy was caused by firing. This would certainly result in legal challenges.

Last edited:
I wear my Mexico national team soccer jersey as a **** you to racists and it works every time. I suggest you guys do the same. Ironically Mexican gear is now the most educated American thing you can have on

I wear my Mexico national team soccer jersey as a **** you to racists and it works every time. I suggest you guys do the same. Ironically Mexican gear is now the most educated American thing you can have on
I got the 2018 away and liked the idea that pissing off racists was a nice little bonus. :lol:

Not saying that Trump isn't a dumb **** and hasn't put this country in a backward spiral but this orange clown has some catching up to do in comparison to Bush whom I still think is the worst President in my lifetime.
Just give Trump some time (which I hope Mueller won't do)

That's because poor Scooter Libby was the victim of a WITCH HUNT and a CROOKED SPECIAL COUNSEL
He didn't deserve that kind of punishment. :smh:
All he did was perjure himself before a grand jury, lied to the FBI and committed obstruction of justice in the Valerie Plame investigation. Libby was treated very unfairly when they convicted him on the above charges.

Scooter is the only Libby I like.

even tho son a traitor I might have to cop a hugo sanchez throwback jersey just to stunt on cats

Back
Top Bottom