***Official Political Discussion Thread***

sadly this will be the case with most companies that already have factories outside the US, this clown thinks companies are just going to eat the tariffs because he wants to "prove a point". These companies sit down with clients oversees and literally have no objection as to why they should pay the additional tariff or even split the difference. It literally boils down to "...well, your president made this happen?". Its headed to that tipping point, every sector on a hotchart this morning opened and closed red, so did every market across the world.

Not to mention China isn't budging in fact they're going completely the other way by talking trade with france and the EU...which we just happen to also be in a trade war with. Somebody somewhere needs to hit the pause button.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-4281_en.htm

European Commission - Press release
EU and China discuss economic and trade relations at the 7th High-level Economic and Trade Dialogue
Brussels, 25 June 2018

"I am confident that the exchanges we have had with my new counterpart, Liu He, have been useful in paving the way towards a successful EU-China Summit in the economic and trade field. I am particularly pleased with the progress achieved in our investment negotiations and look forward to an exchange of offers at the Summit."

I was in Vegas this past weekend and one of our uber drivers was a youngish-looking black dude. Bout 30ish

Dude tells us he's from LA but moved to Vegas because Cali is too expensive. My boys I was with are black and I always get confused for a lightskin/mixed black dude so I think that's why he got comfortable enough to start going in on mexicans and immigrants in general. Talmbout how they're lazy and just want handouts while he and his kids have to work for everything. Talmbout he doesn't care about the "MS13 babies" getting separated. :smh:

I had to tell him to shut up and drive. Dude kept apologizing afterwards saying he wasn't racist or xenophobic :lol:

Anyway, it tripped me out that a young minority from south central would have that mentality :smh:

I have yet to see anyone articulate the Left's immigration agenda ...

The only thing I can assume from the rhetoric surrounding the decades old outrage of border detainment is that every liberal would like open borders, no questions asked ...

Aside from being economically infeasible and quite possibly the dumbest thought of all time, I don't event understand how a human being could actually support it ...

The simplest argument I can think of is wage suppression ... The party fighting for higher minimum wage and social programs galore would literally tie their hands with cheap labor ... The rightys use the cheap labor to their advantage in Southern states and welcome hard working illegals ... The left wants that more prevalent throughout the U.S. ... I'm not following ...

Im not trying to offend you but it took me a while to read and understand what you meant, but let me see if I have this right? You think liberals want open borders because trump tweeted a link of Germany and it's situation with open borders, right? (That simply isn't true by the way, so you're basically yelling at the walls with that lol). Fact of the matter is both left and right has done plenty towards immigration reform, Obama was very effective and a quick websearch of statistics will prove that to be a fact. You have to understand nothing was broken here.

What do you mean by wage suppression? how do you tie that with immigration reform? Oh wait, I got it... You think its legal to hire illegal immigrants and pay them less? WOW, I'm literally typing out loud here.

Yea, you're definitely not following lol

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion take: I think what the Red Hen restaurant at Virginia did was petty, and what Sanders did to the restaurant by using her government account was just as petty as well. Like I think she’s a terrible person in her position, but I don’t think it merits a rejection to serve her food.

I also feel awful for the unaffiliated Red Hen restaurant at DC that has been getting verbal abuse from Trumpers the past couple days, even though they are not related to any of the drama.

Also I think Chuck Schumer’s strategy was to fan the flames of Trumps base of getting mad at Maxine and democrats for the supposed lack of civility, although they engage in harassment themselves also. I think with the midterms looming, I think he wants to limit the energization of the Trump base as much as possible. Not sure if throwing Maxine under the bus was the best option, but I can see why he did it.

There's no such thing as "civility" in politics. It's made up like the Easter Bunny.
I agree with that. I just think Chuck wanted to limit the outrage from the Trump base calling foul. He just didn’t do a good job at putting out the fire.

I agree with that. I just think Chuck wanted to limit the outrage from the Trump base calling foul. He just didn’t do a good job at putting out the fire.

Trumps base is way too far gone, no use in anyone trying to reach out an olive branch their way.

Besides, all these places have “we retain the right to refuse service...” signs up. The owner should’ve just said Shuckabee being the devil and serving her is against her religion, and let the free market chips fall as they may.

Trumps base is way too far gone, no use in anyone trying to reach out an olive branch their way.

Besides, all these places have “we retain the right to refuse service...” signs up. The owner should’ve just said Shuckabee being the devil and serving her is against her religion, and let the free market chips fall as they may.
The thing is that, the independents will see that outrage and think that Dems are in the wrong and will do the “both sides are the same”, which leads to either non voting or maybe been a vote for the GOP. I also think Chuck has a habit of alienating his own base at times though. :lol:

And about refusing service, I think it’s just kinda weak to reject her because of political affiliation. If she was rude and rowdy towards you, it’s justifiable though. I just wouldn’t like it if a Trump loving owner denied me service if they found out I spoke out against Trump. That’s just me though.

Yeah I just dont get why you want to focus on limiting the outrage from Trump's base while creating internal outrage in your own
This isn’t the first time Chuck has miscalculated his move. I get the intention, but the execution was poor.

I think it’s just kinda weak to reject her because of political affiliation.

It was less about her political affiliation and more about her job title and the ******** she's peddling.

Also, she was in Lexington, VA, which is mostly white and Republican. She could've went to some other joint in that area and they probably would've served her hick *** without question.

The thing is that, the independents will see that outrage and think that Dems are in the wrong and will do the “both sides are the same”, which leads to either non voting or maybe been a vote for the GOP. I also think Chuck has a habit of alienating his own base at times though. :lol:
Do independents still exist? I think the current White House has divided the lines pretty well enough for everyone to choose a side. I can’t imagine a Bernie bro or any other left leaning independent voting for trump again out of spite. Then again maybe I’m giving Bernie bros too much credit lol. And on your second point, agreed :lol:

And about refusing service, I think it’s just kinda weak to reject her because of political affiliation. If she was rude and rowdy towards you, it’s justifiable though. I just wouldn’t like it if a Trump loving owner denied me service if they found out I spoke out against Trump. That’s just me though.

Like Nike Jordan Nike Jordan said, it doesn’t necessarily have to be her political affiliation. I wouldn’t imagine kicking out a random republican or random GOP congressperson. But sanders peddles lies and hurls insults at everyone for the world to see with a straight face. You gone.

Do independents still exist? I think the current White House has divided the lines pretty well enough for everyone to choose a side. I can’t imagine a Bernie bro or any other left leaning independent voting for trump again out of spite. Then again maybe I’m giving Bernie bros too much credit lol. And on your second point, agreed :lol:
Yes they do exist lol
Although a majority of them disprove of Trumps performance on the polls, there is still decent amount of them that actually approve of his job performance. I deduce the ones that approve have some financial incentive to be ok with whatever he’s doing.

Yes they do exist lol
Although a majority of them disprove of Trumps performance on the polls, there is still decent amount of them that actually approve of his job performance. I deduce the ones that approve have some financial incentive to be ok with whatever he’s doing.

Good point, didn't even think of that. Those folks aint down for the cause anyway.

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that Harley-Davidson will be "taxed like never before" and that the U.S. motorcycle company was using increased trade tensions as an excuse to justify planned shifts in production overseas.

"A Harley-Davidson should never be built in another country-never! Their employees and customers are already very angry at them. If they move, watch, it will be the beginning of the end - they surrendered, they quit! The Aura will be gone and they will be taxed like never before!" Trump said in a tweet.

:rofl:

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that Harley-Davidson will be "taxed like never before" and that the U.S. motorcycle company was using increased trade tensions as an excuse to justify planned shifts in production overseas.

"A Harley-Davidson should never be built in another country-never! Their employees and customers are already very angry at them. If they move, watch, it will be the beginning of the end - they surrendered, they quit! The Aura will be gone and they will be taxed like never before!" Trump said in a tweet.

Dude is an epic troll, like you can tax one company as much as you feel like. You know what? I'm not even mad a Trump, he is what he is, which is a personality cult figure. I'm mad at the millions of idiots who follow him even if it's right over a cliff. Even if they are sleeping out of cardboard boxes, as long as they can wear MAGA hats and chant "CNN sucks", they are ok.

Trump holds up his left hand (aka, Twitter hand) with a bunch of b.s in it, that everyone focuses on and makes a ruckus over, especially the dumbass media. Behind his back is his right hand doing all the real damage.

Im not trying to offend you but it took me a while to read and understand what you meant, but let me see if I have this right? You think liberals want open borders because trump tweeted a link of Germany and it's situation with open borders, right? (That simply isn't true by the way, so you're basically yelling at the walls with that lol). Fact of the matter is both left and right has done plenty towards immigration reform, Obama was very effective and a quick websearch of statistics will prove that to be a fact. You have to understand nothing was broken here.

What do you mean by wage suppression? how do you tie that with immigration reform? Oh wait, I got it... You think its legal to hire illegal immigrants and pay them less? WOW, I'm literally typing out loud here.

Yea, you're definitely not following lol
I dont look at Trump's tweets ... I dont follow Trump on Twitter and I cant see tweets on NT for some reason ...

I am simply playing out the situation as I see it ... The outrage started with the separation of children ... Trump signed an order saying stop doing that ... I understand he "started it" and I'm not really disputing that ... I am wondering what the Left's goal is for immigration because EVERYONE who is anti-Trump is advocating for an open border policy, ultimately ...

I dont even look at Facebook too often but the stuff I saw regarding immigration was so nonsensical ... People using examples of illegal immigration success stories as a means to justify ............. O wait, they never get to the policy part ... The only conclusion can be open borders ... In the end, the only thing that will satisfy the Left is unbridled immigration ...

Google immigration impact on wages because I dont feel like getting into it ... It's real and there is blame on both sides ...

5b3163ac1ae66253008b53e4-750-375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom