***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Dqy5hIMUwAAtn9L.jpg:orig

I fall in between the two of you guys. Most conservatives might not want genocide, but they damn sure want more than just going back to 20 years ago.

20 years ago, conservatives were still demanding white supremacy be turned up a notch.

Also, they might not want genocide, but if a little ethnic cleansing (and kept quiet enough) as a means to a desirable end is needed, then they will be able to rationalize it away. At this point, I really do not think it is their morals are holding them back

Yeah going back a generation doesn't sound that extreme but it is. Going back to health care of 10 years ago is extreme and untenable to most of us now, and race issues are similar.

Like you say, the morals will not hold them back when push comes to shove. The caravan thing and naturalization and the wall are litmus tests. The fact that ANYONE in America thinks Trump's positions on these issues are good idea says everything we need to know about where people's hearts lie.

And we can't play politics based on what people say in public today. We have to base it on what they say privately and think in secret. Which way will they go when they are forced to choose between so-called American ideals and their own perceived safety and security?

edit: And I agree with Rex in sentiment. A truly equal future will neutralize much of this. But we see from what's going on that they are going to fight to the bitter end, and fight harder the more they feel that power slipping away.

That's probably the most flattering picture I've ever seen of Candace Owens. Must've been before she starting getting the right wing troll bag.

I fall in between the two of you guys. Most conservatives might not want genocide, but they damn sure want more than just going back to 20 years ago.

20 years ago, conservatives were still demanding white supremacy be turned up a notch.

Also, they might not want genocide, but if a little ethnic cleansing (and kept quiet enough) as a means to a desirable end is needed, then they will be able to rationalize it away. At this point, I really do not think it is their morals holding them back

Of Course there are some white who understand how white supremacy works and they want it restored to its former "glory" which was in the Jim Crow Era.

There are lots of whites who don't want that, they really do not want to see themselves as racist. What they want a is restoration of the America of "I'm not black I'm OJ" and "Republicans buy sneakers too," Era. Roughly the time between MLK Day becoming a national Holiday and Barack Obama running for President. What they wanted more than anything was to be blissfully ignorant of the slow and mostly invisible violence of white supremacy.

Of Course there are some white who understand how white supremacy works and they want it restored to its former "glory" which was in the Jim Crow Era.

There are lots of whites who don't want that, they really do not want to see themselves as racist. What they want a is restoration of the America of "I'm not black I'm OJ" and "Republicans buy sneakers too," Era. Roughly the time between MLK Day becoming a national Holiday and Barack Obama running for President. What they wanted more than anything was to be blissfully ignorant of the slow and mostly invisible violence of white supremacy.
Are the whites who don't want it willing to stand up against it?

If they still are voting republican in 2018, the answer is "no."

There is the thing, is would be more inclined to agree with you if it was not a near certainty that Trump is going to win the white vote by double digits in 2020.

In my book, endorsing violence as a road to a preferred peace, does not make them much better than the person than endorses violence because they like the violence. I am a black immigrant, white naivete is still dangerous too me.

Back
Top Bottom