***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Yeah still a lot of nuance to it, ie fog, right now AI can't see through fog like we can.

However people need to start adjusting to automation and not fight it, it's going nowhere, makes too much business sense.

Big facts. A lot of drivers I've talked to are interested in it for positive reasons and are watching the progression closely. If a good balance can be found it will help the industry and drivers tremendously.

Also the irony in folks pulling a "they're gonna take all the jobs" move is not lost on me :lol:

I'm just telling you what some developers of the technology think. The future of robotics and autonomy are crazy but machines will never be perfect until they start designing and making themselves lol

I've read before that the recouped money on fuel costs is one way to offset what you're talking about. There's a lot to it that I think folks don't consider.

Here's a good article about the subject.

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/how-drivers-and-autonomous-trucks-could-work-together--freight

The jobs will change depending on the needs of the companies. There will be losses but there may be gains depending on the industry. But like my job, not a thing will change. There's very little of my job that could be automated :lol:
So what is it to stop companies that have on fuel from pocketing that money and not using it to prop up wages.

We are talking about America there :lol:

Increased productivity over the last couple decades has saved the horrible wage growth, supply side cuts has not spurred wage growth. But now I am to think that companies by their own volition will use other savings to prop up wage growth.

Sure there will be winner and losers and some that are not affected. But on the aggregate, ,I don't see a compelling argument not to worry about this.

A technology shift toward capital and away from labor is happening in an industry where workers have weak bargaining power.

Sorry, but history tells me to be a pessimist

So what is it to stop companies that have on fuel from pocketing that money and not using it to prop up wages.

We are talking about America there :lol:

Increased productivity over the last couple decades has saved the horrible wage growth, supply side cuts has not spurred wage growth. But now I am to think that companies by their own volition will use other savings to prop up wage growth.

Sure there will be winner and losers and some that are not affected. But on the aggregate, ,I don't see a compelling argument not to worry about this.

A technology shift toward capital and away from labor is happening in an industry where workers have weak bargaining power.

Sorry, but history tells me to be a pessimist

Yeah I get all that. Nobody is telling you not to worry about it, I'm just telling you people in the industries who actually do the job are less worried about it :lol:

You should check that article out though it's a good read.

She'll wind up with an appearance in a Black church, apologizing and claiming Jesus as her lord and savior.
Just watch.
ScarceInfantileKoalabear-small.gif

Yeah I get all that. Nobody is telling you not to worry about it, I'm just telling you people in the industries who actually do the job are less worried about it :lol:

You should check that article out though it's a good read.
I read it

It doesn't put my mind at else.

Developers and inventors usually don't get to say what their inventions are used for. Profiting maximizing owners of said capital do.

She'll wind up with an appearance in a Black church, apologizing and claiming Jesus as her lord and savior.
Just watch.
Naw, as long as she doesnt have any ambitions for running for anything more than her county she good...like a couple ppl already said in here this legit plays well where shes from :lol: :smh:

Bet shorty the type to have Ravens seasons tickets but use that word on the regular and talk bout how "scary" the big bad city is

Back
Top Bottom