***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If conservatives think life begins at conception, why are they not taking issue with Trump deporting pregnant migrants and undocumented immigrants.

Those fetuses are American citizens then. Since their life began on American soil. So why are cool they with them being denied their citizenship rights.

I think most reasonable conservatives support comprehensive immigration reform. The current state of affairs is not ideal whatsoever.

Women do have the right to choose. And, like many choices we make, there are consequences to them. I imagine we disagree on the consequences in this instance. If a mother killed her new born, by contrast, then we'd probably agree on the consequence for that choice.

The question is at what point do we as a society view the baby in the stomach as closer to a newborn and less like a non-living entity. In Roe, the Court determined that the state had an interest in protecting the baby's life and the health of the mother from the second trimester on.

What a light punishment for such a crime, qwhite interesting..with that being said if the girl went to a clinic she could’ve got the help she needed to avoid the whole situation.
We’re not sure of her intentions. If she meant harm then that super duper bad. If not then who are we to judge? I don’t know her personally so I don’t know
:pimp:

We’re not sure of her intentions. If she meant harm then that super duper bad. If not then who are we to judge? I don’t know her personally so I don’t know
:pimp:
I wonder if as a Black male if I throw a baby out the window can I get just probation. But you’re right, maybe she wanted to see if it could fly who knows.

upload_2019-5-20_16-47-8.gif

I laughed so hard when I read that :lol:

Imagine getting elected for the people by the people only to have some guy on a forum wonder why people depend on you to do your job :lol::lol:

This country is ****ed

I don't wonder why the federal government is relied on. I know why.

I don't think that relying on the federal government for advancement has historically helped many communities of color. As such, I think that the onus should be placed on churches, private donations, and community leaders because the status quo has not worked through differing parties and administrations.

You think that is a just sentence? Or do you think it is light?
obtuse
/əbˈtjuːs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    synonyms: stupid, dull, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, witless, half-baked, half-witted, doltish, lumpish, blockish, imperceptive; More

obtuse
/əbˈtjuːs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    synonyms: stupid, dull, slow-witted, slow, dull-witted, unintelligent, witless, half-baked, half-witted, doltish, lumpish, blockish, imperceptive; More

Seems you're ignoring the context of the discussion and just nitpicking my posts again. Enjoy

When I walk into a McDonald’s I make sure to make everything myself and still pay. I don’t rely on them to do it for me. It’s not their job :pimp:

This is a false analogy. There has been consistency of gridlock in congress and the inability to pass comprehensive acts due to hyper-partisanship.

If McDonalds, or any other place you chose to eat at, had such a reputation then it would make sense for you to rely elsewhere for your food.

I'm no health nut, but based on the majority of items sold at McDonald's you should probably rely on other places for food already.

I don't wonder why the federal government is relied on. I know why.

I don't think that relying on the federal government for advancement has historically helped many communities of color. As such, I think that the onus should be placed on churches, private donations, and community leaders because the status quo has not worked through differing parties and administrations.

Do you think melanated people should vote? I'm tryina see somethin :emoji_thinking:

Do you think melanated people should vote? I'm tryina see somethin :emoji_thinking:

I think that anyone who wants to vote, should. Including inmates as Bernie suggested. But I don't think anyone should have rose-colored glasses as it relates to federal elections. Especially considering history.

I think that anyone who wants to vote, should. Including inmates as Bernie suggested. But I don't think anyone should have rose-colored glasses as it relates to federal elections. Especially considering history.

Nah what do you think specifically? I didn't ask about other people.

If relying on the federal government for advancement is a futile practice, one could reason that you may think voting is also a futile practice on a federal level? Unless I'm missing something :emoji_thinking:

Back
Top Bottom