***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Boiling water, a couple spices and lots of sugar :lol:
Had it on it's own, with red wine and next step is to throw some rum in it
whoo.png

Didn't get to try any black cake doe

Reporters annoy me with their bull**** questions and no follow up. If you're going to call him out have the evidence available so it can't be refuted. Also, stop letting these bum *** politicians give you nonsense answers. Ask better questions and have a follow up ready. You can anticipate most possible responses to your questions so be prepared :smh::smh:

Been a while since I had some sorrel and black cake. What Island you repping fam?

That's whats up. Glad you enjoyed it
St. Lucia 🇱🇨🇱🇨

Ain't Christmas season without it :smokin

Today one of my cousins brought me a couple soursops. Murdered one on sight, grandma wiping up some juice for me with the other.

Our cousins also brought me a couple of soursops dipped in kale juice and libbie disgrace, made me throw up on sight. Grandma brought me some Coal Cake and everything was all better. Nothing like a Grandma's love.

Antigua 🇦🇬🇦🇬🇦🇬 The best island :emoji_eyes:
Ain't Christmas season without it :smokin

Today one of my cousins brought me a couple soursops. Murdered one on sight, grandma wiping up some juice for me with the other.
This is what I miss most when I'm away. People just bring you **** :lol: Oftentimes unannounced. Just drop by with rice pudding or bun and cheese or bread or fruit. Especially fruit since everyone has some sort of tree.

Yall boys got me googling sorrel and black cake 😆😆😆
On the topic of the media not giving the bigots a voice
Never expect America not to be America
It will keep you from getting frustrated and giving up on demanding change and progress

How do that many swing to Trump. Like do you follow any philosophy at all or just idolize old men?

Hatred of Hillary Clinton for some. That is a positive for 2020. Whomever the Dem is, he/she won't be hated like Hillary

the others.... working class whites that carry a burning distrust of the “political class” and the way the American system is rigged in favor of “elites” and against the prospects of “regular” Americans. Policy is whatever to them and they’ll choose Trump over an establishmentarian again in 2020

I don't know, bernie bros already talking about how Warren is Hillary 2.0 and the billionaire classes new sweetheart.

Once you red-pilled on DNC's denial of Bernie, maybe some of them went full red-pill.

I don't know, bernie bros already talking about how Warren is Hillary 2.0 and the billionaire classes new sweetheart.

Once you red-pilled on DNC's denial of Bernie, maybe some of them went full red-pill.

how? Warren is the complete opposite of hiliary. That makes zero sense.

how? Warren is the complete opposite of hiliary. That makes zero sense.

fargin fargin care to share a link/citation of Bernie Bros calling Warren Hilary 2.0?

I haven't seen this comparison made.

What I've seen instead are attempts by the Jacobin crowd to beat back Warren's late summer momentum. IMO, the critiques have been mostly moronic, if understandable. One of the more compelling arguments was that whereas Bernie Sanders seeks to empower a multi-racial working-class coalition, Warren offers technocratic solutions https://jacobinmag.com/2019/10/future-liberals-want-matt-karp-populism-class-voting-democrats.

I’m taking a short break from revolutionary activity. For the last several days and through the first Monday of 2020, it's all just a haze of spices and rum. I have an old cookbook or a copy of it. My great-great-great-great-great grand mother wrote it. It reminds we of what my West Indian brahs been enjoying. The 1830's New England version of English Christmas Pudding is basically black cake. I see the punches are like West Indian punches (and there are many punch recipes). I see pimedos and scotch bonnet used liberally. There is also an abundance of fresh fish, salted fish and salted beef. This should not be surprising. In the 17th Century, my family's servants were enslaved people from the West Africa by way of West Indies. In the 18th and 19th Centuries they were freed people from west Africa by way of the West Indies.

White New Englanders liked spiced food prior to about 1850 or so. It was in the late 19th century that the Victorian fear of masturbation caused WASPs to switch to unseasoned food. They convinced most white ethics to do the same. In our slightly more enlightened age, I am glad to find these old recipes. The early 21st century mind loves seeing a Christmas recipe that begins with "take a quart of rum." These heritage recipes are spectacular and they awake the palate and they awake the mind.

I see how easily sunburned people can have the same tastes as people hundreds of miles away and who have the opposite hue. As Faulkner said, past is prologue and it is not even really passed. As both subjects and rebels of History, let us consider how we are affected and the effect we will have on History in the 2020s.

Back
Top Bottom