***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Polling is an excellent substitute for actual journalistic coverage of candidates.
Agreed, comrade.

I do think some journalistic coverage of the candidates is needed, though. As helpful as a poll of 100 white dudes 2 years before the election is critical to knowing who will be elected president, I also want to know the following very important facts:

1) is there anything the candidate said 30 or 40 years ago that we can overanalyze and use as a window into their mind? I really need to see those shocking stories where we interview a classmate to see if the candidate was opposed to free health care and reparations as a high school student.

2) how much did they spend on their clothing?

3) how do they eat their pizza?

4) are their children old enough to take over as president should anything happen during their term?

5) are they the savior who will fulfill the prophecy?

Last edited:
whywesteppin whywesteppin those are all valid quest...

I'm just being told the polls moved point one percent, so we'll have to come back to you another time.

giphy.gif

Sexism is a powerful force in our politics, one no one seems to want to talk about because everyone does it.

Clinton, Harris, and Warren have all been victims of it.

It is wild to me that the thing that stopped her rise in the polls, and made her start to dip is the paying for M4A fiasco. Her plan was bad many people's reactions to it exposed the fact they were either acting in bad faith from the jump or never really cared to give her a fair chance.

But then again, she should have listen to people like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh and never signed on to support pushing M4A. That an unforced error.

Last edited:
I think by now we should know that polls don't mean a whole lot, especially on a state level. I mean, obviously some ppl don't have the support to win, but I wouldn't count Warren out, especially with the (obvious) bias against her.

Personally, I think Pete is the one that's going to drastically underperform and fall flat. But what do I know
Pete has not improved his numbers with black voters so he is dead in the water.

Sexism is a powerful force in our politics, one no one seems to want to talk about because everyone does it.

Clinton, Harris, and Warren have all been victims of it.

It is wild to me that the thing that stopped her rise in the polls, and made her start to dip is the paying for M4A fiasco. Her plan was bad many people's reactions to it exposed the fact they were either acting in bad faith from the jump or never really cared to give her a fair chance.

But then again, she should have listen to people like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh and never signed on to support pushing M4A. That an unforced error.

Absolutely. Although M4A is great to aspire to, a lot of people aren’t ready for it and the math just isn’t adding up. She fumbled that so bad. If she comes out with a Clinton like position to build upon ACA, I think she’s at the top or very close to it.

Absolutely. Although M4A is great to aspire to, a lot of people aren’t ready for it and the math just isn’t adding up. She fumbled that so bad. If she comes out with a Clinton like position to build upon ACA, I think she’s at the top or very close to it.
She could have ran left of Hillary on healthcare and still be ok. There are juiced up public option plans she could have gotten behind.

Then put forward some other healthcare solutions like she did with the CDC manufacturing drugs proposal.

She goofed hard

Back
Top Bottom