***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Cool I’ll stay in my house though kemp

This is gonna suck
tenor (8).gif

The immune systems of the residents of Georgia just got dunked on.

I feel you bro, yard is looking rough. I’m sure the neighbors are offended.

good think hardware stores are essential here. :pimp:

I mean, they are essential here as well, but we need something to complain about and people in Michigan tell me this is a big problem (despite the fact that Home Depot is still in fact open in Michigan)

Let us remember brahs, Brian Kemp is only the governor of Georgia because he stole the election with voter suppression.

An undemocratically elected official is gonna cause numerous unnecessary deaths just to keep a President, who was also undemocratically elected, happy.

The American Kakistocracy is gonna be the death of all of us.

Let us remember brahs, Brian Kemp is only the governor of Georgia because he stole the election with voter suppression.

An undemocratically elected official is gonna cause numerous unnecessary deaths just to keep a President, who was also undemocratically elected, happy.

The American Kakistocracy is gonna be the death of all of us.
It gets me heated everytime. 55k votes away we where so got damn close to avoiding this foolishness and if not for him we would’ve got that and way more for Stacey Abrhams to win

you know those theaters that decide to open are gonna have almost zero people, save for cletus and brandine who need to express their first amendment rights by watching a 8 dollar movie at the discount theater
Plus studios are not going to release any big movies now just so Cletus and Brandine can see it. They're going to postpone for a year. So only reason to go to the theater is to catch re-runs that you could watch in the comfort of your own home for a fraction of the price.

Let's throw a hypothetical out there. Let's say that 75% of people in the US go back to life as normal. 3-5% die, and the remaining 20% or so stay at home and continue to spend about 50% of what they normally do in discretionary spending. At the end of the day, that is still going to be a 10-15% drop in spending which is still going to lead to a recession and still going to lead to a loss in jobs.

And then, after all of that, we get to restart this cycle in 2 months because we still don't have a way to proactively test people. Like people want to just get back to normal but people need to understand that normal is relative and we wont restore normalcy until this thing is under ****ing control.

Whew these poor southern/midwestern whites really tryna take the express train to the grave :lol: Governors and the President about to kill off their own base to own the libs

To be fair, this is happening in the east and west coast states as well. Turns out America is full of ****ing idiots. Let the culling begin!

These protests look very astroturfed although That’s not to say that there is not an organic constituency of affluent retirees who want to risk the lives of themselves and others in order to be able to consume at the exact same levels and in the exact same way they did precrisis.

There is a lot of very justifiable angst over this lockdown but issues like lost income, inadequate aid, lack of any real rent holiday, and perhaps an overzealous approach to closing outdoor recreation spaces, those issues are not being represented at all by the protesters.

Let's throw a hypothetical out there. Let's say that 75% of people in the US go back to life as normal. 3-5% die, and the remaining 20% or so stay at home and continue to spend about 50% of what they normally do in discretionary spending. At the end of the day, that is still going to be a 10-15% drop in spending which is still going to lead to a recession and still going to lead to a loss in jobs.

And then, after all of that, we get to restart this cycle in 2 months because we still don't have a way to proactively test people. Like people want to just get back to normal but people need to understand that normal is relative and we wont restore normalcy until this thing is under ****ing control.

To be fair, this is happening in the east and west coast states as well. Turns out America is full of ****ing idiots. Let the culling begin!

This point has to be emphasized. Even if Trump had unilateral authority to end all stay at home orders, the DOW will not jump make you its highs from early this year and all the sickness that would result from a premature reopening will ensure that the pre crisis status quo would take years to return.

Those of who want to focus resources on decisively beating the virus THEN reviving the economy are prescribing a course of action that makes life easier for Trump politically. Impulsively removing stay at home orders hurts Trump politically. Yet, conservatives insist that keeping stay at home orders for as long as is needed is all a conspiracy to make Trump lose the election.

Back
Top Bottom