***Official Political Discussion Thread***

serious question. Say that Biden drops out instead of Pete and the progressives consolidate with Pete. Does Bernie beat Pete in the primaries?

See I still have a hard time seeing it. Bernie supporters are latching onto this thinking this means bernie is the shoe in to be the candidate if Joe is forced out, but he was barely beating Pete when the largest portion of the base was being split 5 ways between Pete, Amy, ****berg, Biden, and Stiver.

See I still have a hard time seeing it. Bernie supporters are latching onto this thinking this means bernie is the shoe in to be the candidate if Joe is forced out, but he was barely beating Pete when the largest portion of the base was being split 5 ways between Pete, Amy, ****berg, Biden, and Stiver.

No it would definitely be a brokered convention and I have no idea who would come out on top. It would be hostile as hell because for a lot of reasons it would be like the whole primary process started from scratch. Honestly, it would be so much chaos and bad feelings at the end I think its the best chance Trump has to get re-elected.

For example I am not even sure how they do a convention with Coronavirus pandemic happening.

Mayor Pete would have a worse showing amongst Black voters than Primetime. If Joey B. dropped out and moderates coalesced around Pete like they did Joey, I have a hard time seeing Black voters voting for Pete over Bernie.

Bruhs, Biden is not dropping out.

But in the hypothetical world where he does, then super delegates probably getting a someone that didn't run in the primary. Picking someone that got their *** kicked by Biden is not smart, especially Sanders.

If staying at home is like slavery I would assume that after this is all over these Trump Stans would be all in favor of building monuments in honor of the libby Governors that made people stay at home
yes, but does that mean the oppressed Karen can now use the slur herself?

it'll become the new greeting among MAGAs, but only they can use it. "what up my Karen?" "Karen please."

If staying at home is like slavery I would assume that after this is all over these Trump Stans would be all in favor of building monuments in honor of the libby Governors that made people stay at home

gonna put a Tim Walz statue right next to general lee. MN flag and rebel flag flying half mast together to remember our history.

serious question. Say that Biden drops out instead of Pete and the progressives consolidate with Pete. Does Bernie beat Pete in the primaries?

do you mean if Biden and Klobuchar dropped out before Super Tuesday and endorsed Buttigieg?

if so, Bernie would have won. Coalescing around Biden to beat Bernie only worked for Biden because he did really well with black voters in South Carolina.

Bruhs, Biden is not dropping out.

But in the hypothetical world where he does, then super delegates probably getting a someone that didn't run in the primary. Picking someone that got their *** kicked by Biden is not smart, especially Sanders.

If your candidate had to drop out, for whatever reason, it’s a bad situation. Replace the nominee with the primary runner up? That person is likely the leader of an opposing faction within the party. Select someone with similar ideology who finished in 3rd place or lower? It looks like the party has an ideological preference which it will pursue despite a candidate, from another faction, having done better. Select someone who did not participate in the primary at all? That’s also a bad option because if that person had the same connection with your party’s primary voters, they’d have run.

Also specific to this campaign cycle, if the DNC selects someone we know it’ll be a neoliberal imperialist. While Biden was certainly favored by the party, he did have a base of support especially from black voters which Biden has used as a cudgel against anyone who would dare point out that he benefited from party insiders’ machinations.

A replacement, selected by the party, cannot make that case. With a primary, the party leaders can disguise its preferences but if it is forced to appoint a replacement, it will be very clearly revealing its preferences which could hurt it not only in this election but in future elections.

Last edited:
If people want us to stopping saying it, they need to stop using the word in their country songs.
besides, why should WE have to suffer the consequences for something someone else did? why is it fair to oppress us by preventing us from getting to use the Karen slur? I wasn't the one who prevented you from getting a haircut.

is what entitled libbies will try to argue. don't buy it. fact is, we need reparations. and by "reparations" I don't mean to give me money. I mean we need to take away the money that we gave in the stimulus package to poor non-whites. only then can we make things right and put this tragedy behind us. only then can this nation heal.

do you mean if Biden and Klobuchar dropped out before Super Tuesday and endorsed Buttigieg?

if so, Bernie would have won. Coalescing around Biden to beat Bernie only worked for Biden because he did really well with black voters in South Carolina.

If your candidate had to drop out, for whatever reason, it’s a bad situation. Replace the nominee with the primary runner up? That person is likely the leader of an opposing faction within the party. Select someone with similar ideology who finished in 3rd place or lower? It looks like the party has an ideological preference which it will pursue despite a candidate, from another faction, having done better. Select someone who did not participate in the primary at all? That’s also a bad option because if that person had the same connection with your party’s primary voters, they’d have run.

Also specific to this campaign cycle, if the DNC selects someone we know it’ll be a neoliberal imperialist. While Biden was certainly favored by the party, we did have a base of support especially from lack voters which Biden has used as a cudgel against anyone who would dare point out that he benefited from party insiders’ machinations.

A replacement, selected by the party, cannot make that case. With a primary, the party leaders can disguise its preferences but if it is forced to appoint a replacement, it will be very clearly revealing its preferences which could hurt it not only in this election but in future elections.
Having to replace someone that won a primary by a blowout is a bad situation.

I am just saying of all the ****** options, picking someone that wasn't in the primary is the least ****.

I sign the petition for Biden to drop out and nominate stone cold in his place.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom