***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I still an't believe how badly he's bungling this pandemic. Avoid the golf courses, wear the masks, show some compassion and he'd have the reelection gift wrapped.

I can't believe Americans care more about staying alive than my beef with another senile septuagenarian.

This country, man...

After the husband of the deceased begged Twitter yesteeday to stop Trump from perverting his wife’s death for false political attacks, Trump doubles down.

tenor.gif

This means the probe of Sen. Richard Burr is continuing. Noteably, he was the only one who personally made the stock trades, rather than a financial adviser like the other 3 lawmakers.

After the husband of the deceased begged Twitter yesteeday to stop Trump from perverting his wife’s death for false political attacks, Trump doubles down.

Yeah but according to the local republican in here, this is why people voted for Trump. People want to see less of politician talk and more debunked conspiracy theories

Random question for black NTers in here..how many of y'all are actually planning to vote for Jumpoff Joey and how many black people do you know that are also voting for him?

When I talk to my family, it's basically the "I'm not jumping for joy for Biden but I'm jumping for joy to vote against Trump" sentiment.

The funny thing is that I feel this lack of enthusiasm for both candidates works more in Biden's advantage than it did Hillary because Hillary was outright disliked. This time Joe is perceived to be the lesser of two evils as opposed to Trump in 2016.

And personally I voted for HRC and would do so again were she the candidate, but I can understand the dislike, even from the perspective of someone I don't align with politically. There was always something about her that felt disingenuous to me, like she was an instrument of the machine. She lacked charisma, which unfortunately is a qualifying requirement for the job of President.

I could be all the way wrong mind you but Jumpoff Joey seems to bd one of those awkward and goofy old white dudes that ultimately mean no (at least intentional) harm. Like a semi-fun teacher that tries to be a little too "down" with the black kids and makes an occasional fool of himself, but who is also self aware, capable of contrition/empathy, and is competent at his actual job.

I'd be perfectly satisfied to see this man become president but to keep it real I dislike Da Don so much I would vote for Lil Wayne.

I am planning for Biden

Most black people I know that plan on voting are gonna vote for him

I know a couple contrarian that are trying to talk their way to Trump

And yes, I think you view of Hillary in comparison to Biden is wrongheaded. She would have been a better president as Biden, she understands the issues better, and Biden is was more problematic. Biden has used the system to do way more grimy ****.

The only argument I have even heard that I respect to explain his past view is that Joe Biden from the 80s onward basically just followed the general flow of the Democratic Party. When the party was more problematic, so was he, when the party improved, so did he. So he sees the current is flow toward progressivism for he will go along for the ride.

Joe is a very likable dude, and that definitely helps, but that speaks to appeal to voters as a candidate, not his competency as a president. I feel often too many people conflate the two. 2000 is a glaring example of people let that nonsense cloud their judgment. Not calling you a sexist, but I think a lot of the hate toward Clinton was unfair Hillary and was born or amplified from sexism. Everything little thing that woman did let people off, things they were willing to excuse from others.

I mean even when she kept it real with folk, they had a problem.

Random question for black NTers in here..how many of y'all are actually planning to vote for Jumpoff Joey and how many black people do you know that are also voting for him?

When I talk to my family, it's basically the "I'm not jumping for joy for Biden but I'm jumping for joy to vote against Trump" sentiment.

The funny thing is that I feel this lack of enthusiasm for both candidates works more in Biden's advantage than it did Hillary because Hillary was outright disliked. This time Joe is perceived to be the lesser of two evils as opposed to Trump in 2016.

And personally I voted for HRC and would do so again were she the candidate, but I can understand the dislike, even from the perspective of someone I don't align with politically. There was always something about her that felt disingenuous to me, like she was an instrument of the machine. She lacked charisma, which unfortunately is a qualifying requirement for the job of President.

I could be all the way wrong mind you but Jumpoff Joey seems to bd one of those awkward and goofy old white dudes that ultimately mean no (at least intentional) harm. Like a semi-fun teacher that tries to be a little too "down" with the black kids and makes an occasional fool of himself, but who is also self aware, capable of contrition/empathy, and is competent at his actual job.

I'd be perfectly satisfied to see this man become president but to keep it real I dislike Da Don so much I would vote for Lil Wayne.

I'm probably voting for Trump--or not voting.

The vast majority of black people I know and are holding their noses and voting for Biden.

Nearly every day there is a discussion in a group that I'm in with... "well Biden is problematic, but anything is better than Trump."

Some people feel that giving Biden the vote solidifies the idea that the Democratic Party does not need to cater to the black community to secure the black vote.

As a result, some advocate withholding the vote to secure demands. But in reality, I'm 90% sure all of those people will end up voting for Biden or not voting. I think the Democratic party realizes this is an idle threat as it relates to the black community.

Personally, I feel we would have a stronger voice if our vote wasn't all but guaranteed to the Democratic Party. But it is what it is.

Most members of my family of the older generation already preferred Biden. I was trying to swing people over to Warren, and then Sanders after Warren was effectively done for. I have a struggle Trump supporter distant cousin. Old boy got a white wife, converted Republican and has 6 white passing kids. He’s been spewing anti-Obama stuff since 08, and now looks like a buffoon because he has to double down with Trump. Irony is all of his kids who are of age ended up being hardcore Bernie Supporters.

Not calling you a sexist, but I think a lot of the hate toward Clinton was unfair Hillary and was born or amplified from sexism. Everything little thing that woman did let people off, things they were willing to excuse from others.

I mean even when she kept it real with folk, they had a problem.
The GOP also ran one of the most successful smear campaigns in political history against her. For years they constantly had her embroiled in something by inventing things out of thin air. I almost admire the efficacy of it compared to the brazen simplicity. But I guess they knew it would be easy for everyone to hate a woman without a single valid reason.

The GOP also ran one of the most successful smear campaigns in political history against her. For years they constantly had her embroiled in something by inventing things out of thin air. I almost admire the efficacy of it compared to the brazen simplicity. But I guess they knew it would be easy for everyone to hate a woman without a single valid reason.
-First let me acknowledge that Hillary Clinton has some deficiencies as a candidate which compounded the situation.

-Second, I believe the Comey letter was the most impactful, yet unfair thing to hit Clinton in 2016

-Third the established sexism

However I do feel there were a ton of things working together, one reinforcing the other, that create the perfect storm to take her down.

Let us remember that Hillary was a popular politicians in the country before her second presidential run kicked off. But that was partly because the right wing propaganda machine wasn't really targeting that much when she was Secretary of State.

But then it cranked back up, along with Russian trollls, the hacks and edited leaks, Bernie's rhetoric about her and "the establishment". far left online media implicitly validating right wing attacks against her, the most important thing was how the mainstream media covered the whole email thing, they gave it too much coverage. It not only signal boosted right wing attacks, it set the stage for the Comey letter to have more impact.

Most members of my family of the older generation already preferred Biden. I was trying to swing people over to Warren, and then Sanders after Warren was effectively done for. I have a struggle Trump supporter distant cousin. Old boy got a white wife, converted Republican and has 6 white passing kids. He’s been spewing anti-Obama stuff since 08, and now looks like a buffoon because he has to double down with Trump. Irony is all of his kids who are of age ended up being hardcore Bernie Supporters.
I got a lost cousins like that too. :lol:

Mans has internalized so much racism it is not even funny. He went to a nearly all white college and all them respectability politics he got hit with warped his mind. Dude legit believes he is a different race than African Americans because he is from a Caribbean. He gets mad a me when I call myself black and refer to all black people (especially African Americans) as my people. He be checking "other" on census form :lol: He Ninja level lost.

Mans nickname on the island since he was a kid is black, because he is so dark skinned. But he checking the other box. :smh:

Last time we where all on the island together and chilling with friends, I aired him out to them. They lit him up so bad, that I almost felt remorse. They told that man that white people be using cake soap (skin bleaching soap) on his mind. Having his brain looking like Vybz Kartel. Bruh I lost it so bad that when I came to my senses I was laying under a lime tree and my sides were hurting :lol:

Last edited:
I cracking up at Dwalk saying he might not vote, like anyone gonna believe that man won't camp out at an early voting location to give Donny his vote as soon as possible

Boy please :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You have been in here damn near everyday defending Trump. Don't act like you aren't ****ing voting for him with pride. You are going to vote for him then tell everyone else that their moral compass is completely ****ed as per usual.

I said I'm probably voting for Trump, simmer down.

I'm sure tons of folks that support Biden might not actually make it to vote.

But i'm definitely NOT voting for the guy Senator Booker refers to as an architect of modern mass incarceration.

But i'm definitely NOT voting for the guy Senator Booker refers to as an architect of modern mass incarceration.
We were just laughing at the obvious bull****, simmer down

I am definitely not taking the guy, who multiple people refer to as a proud supporter of pedophiles, seriously

But you will probably vote for the guy that has been on a mission to dismantle environmental policies despite the disproportionate impact that environmental hazards have on minority communities?

Back
Top Bottom