***Official Political Discussion Thread***

All of those things you're crediting Trump with passing were directives and policies began under the Obama administration and STILL being opposed by the majority of republican politicians.

And to insist that Black Americans would be exactly the same, despite the clear biases and intentions of the current ruling party and plutocrat in office, is just being willfully obtuse.

I didn't insist that Black Americans would be exactly the same. You made that up.

And I didn't say that those directives and policies did not begin under the Obama administration. I said they passed under the Trump administration--and they did.

Not sure why you would suggest that I said something that I did not.

Think it’s also the origin of the country. This place was founded, built, and expanded on white supremacy so these people are still celebrated vs how it went down in Germany.

I live off one of those highways too. Only refer to it as Route 1. Wild thing, my country *** black father is named after a confederate general.
Thats wild, i couldnt imagine a german jew naming a child after a nazi.

I didn't insist that Black Americans would be exactly the same. You made that up.

And I didn't say that those directives and policies did not begin under the Obama administration. I said they passed under the Trump administration--and they did.

Not sure why you would suggest that I said something that I did not.
What? You verbatim said this:

I don't particularly think it will matter much to black America if either candidate wins. But I do know that this administration passed the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs. And I do know that Biden authored the Crime Bill.

I'm not familiar with you so maybe saying something then hiding behind the literalness of your wording is a game you like to play.

I don't particularly think it will matter much to black America if either candidate wins. But I do know that this administration passed the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs. And I do know that Biden authored the Crime Bill.

I'm not familiar with you so maybe saying something then hiding behind the literalness of your wording is a game you like to play.

Nah, but I try to use precise language. If I meant to say "it would be exactly the same for Black Americans," then I would have said that.

I stand by what I said initially.

I'm not familiar with you so maybe conveniently paraphrasing words to fit your narrative is a game you like to play.

If you take issue with what I actually said, and not your amending of what was said, then I welcome the discourse.

Ding, ding, ding. That is exactly what he does

Then when you question him on the literal interpretation of something he said, he will defect to talk not taking thing literally. He was being figurative.

That are two of this main rhetorical tricks.

its crazy cause its times like this where republicans and their surrogates could get out and say "black folks, i hear you, i see you suffering, it isnt right. lets come up with some solutions" instead theyre content with being anti-dem and offering nothing aside from partisanship

That plus his unwavering support of Republican Pedo Roy Moore.

If you want to argue the merits of what I said, have at it.

But to rephrase what I said, and then have me argue against it, is the definition of a strawman.

It is nonsensical for me to argue a position that I did not take. And every convenient paraphrase that I concede drags me further into arguing a position I did not take.

The trick is that no one really disputes what I said, so they spin it with an exaggerated interpretation and then argue against that.

This particular user crafted "exactly the same" out of nowhere. And then had the audacity to say I'm hiding behind literalness.

It was a strawman. And I called him on it.

Trolololololol

You've not been very forthcoming about where the laws Trump signed originated, nor about the fact that some of those bills were watered down versions.

What? I have said that several times.

I simply said they passed under this administration.

Thats wild, i couldnt imagine a german jew naming a child after a nazi.

Yeah I don’t know if it would be Stockholm Syndrome or not but it seems like it. Irony in this situation is that side of my family’s views on white people + my grandfather on that side was killed by a white man.

And I def couldn’t see that happening. German Jews have an identity to stand on.

its crazy cause its times like this where republicans and their surrogates could get out and say "black folks, i hear you, i see you suffering, it isnt right. lets come up with some solutions" instead theyre content with being anti-dem and offering nothing aside from partisanship

Do you think the president requesting the DOJ to investigate/expedite its investigation of the George Floyd killing qualifies as telling black folks that they are heard and it isn't right?

Do you think the president requesting the DOJ to investigate/expedite its investigation of the George Floyd killing qualifies as telling black folks that they are heard and it isn't right?

in isolation, no i don think it isnt right. weighed against the party and its surrogates response though? we'll see.

the pivot from tough on crime and the "party of law and order" is what i want to see.

Nah, but I try to use precise language. If I meant to say "it would be exactly the same for Black Americans," then I would have said that.

I stand by what I said initially.

I'm not familiar with you so maybe conveniently paraphrasing words to fit your narrative is a game you like to play.

If you take issue with what I actually said, and not your amending of what was said, then I welcome the discourse.
Ok. I'm down for discourse.

What do you mean by "it wont much matter to black people which candidate wins"?

And what was your overall point in what you said? Now that we acknowledge none of the things you gave trump credit for passing were his or his parties ideas, or policies really, why did you list them following a "but" after stating it wouldnt much matter to blacks which party won?

Ok. I'm down for discourse.

What do you mean by "it wont much matter to black people which candidate wins"?

And what was your overall point in what you said? Now that we acknowledge none of the things you gave trump credit for passing were his or his parties ideas, or policies really, why did you list them following a "but" after stating it wouldnt much matter to blacks which party won?

I mentioned they passed under this administration for two reasons:
1. It shows that Trump has a handle on the republican legislators in a way that he can make sure that these measures (even if watered down) pass, in a way that a Democratic president might not be able to due to gridlock by republican leadership.

2. The measures actually passed under this administration.

The reason why it will be pretty much the same is because if Biden wins, and the houses of Congress are controlled by different parties then gridlock for political points could slow progress.

The rhetoric might change. The policies written on websites might show different "goals," but the end result of passed legislation would probably not be that much different.

Whatever gripe folks have with Trump he signed those pieces of legislation into law. He didn't veto it. And he supported it. That shows an ability that might not be possible with a Democratic president dude to gridlock in congress.

They don't care, and can't even fake it long enough to give off the political appearance that they care out of fear of offending their base who they've already ran racist platform for to attract.

Ok...

So you understand that refusing to vote won't help Black people and won't result in a keepiong of status quo, **** will literally get worse very quickly?

We need to stop this myth of "Trump's tenure has been just like Obama's and will be equal to any other democrat's (or even republican's)." It's been decidedly worse and can get worse.

Evidently voting wont help Black people either...as evidenced by current events / the current state of affairs.

My proposal is simple.

If you want my vote, end systemic and institutionalized racism RIGHT NOW!

LMAO @ "get worse".

Fam - its BEEN getting worse for us as Black people.

Even a virus knows that.

It's a luxury to think so high minded when there's no knee on your neck.

The issue for me is simple...just like the truth.

We have gone BACKWARDS from the civil rights movement, integration has failed, and we have less now than we did then and the gap is getting wider and wider.

I'm a simple person.

I look at results.

We need to get something for our vote...like everyone else does.

If you aint about ending systemic / institutionalized racism then set aside a few hundred square miles of federal land in the midwest, with some land grants, subsidies, etc and let those of us that want to bounce - bounce.

Seemed like a great idea before Lincoln / Republicans betrayed my ancestors and gave the country over to the racists that they fought and died to defeat...

You know..

For political reasons.

SMH.

I mentioned they passed under this administration for two reasons:
1. It shows that Trump has a handle on the republican legislators in a way that he can make sure that these measures (even if watered down) pass, in a way that a Democratic president might not be able to due to gridlock by republican leadership.

2. The measures actually passed under this administration.

The reason why it will be pretty much the same is because if Biden wins, and the houses of Congress are controlled by different parties then gridlock for political points could slow progress.

The rhetoric might change. The policies written on websites might show different "goals," but the end result of passed legislation would probably not be that much different.

Whatever gripe folks have with Trump he signed those pieces of legislation into law. He didn't veto it. And he supported it. That shows an ability that might not be possible with a Democratic president dude to gridlock in congress.
Do you think a conservatively stacked supreme court will matter to black people? That's a likely election outcome that won't be affected by the makeup of congress right?

What about immigration? A split congress hasn't stopped movement on that as ICE is under the directive of the president and immigration courts tend to be appointed (indirectly but directly) by the president.

What about the makeup of the DOJ and federal courts?

Do you think a conservatively stacked supreme court will matter to black people? That's a likely election outcome that won't be affected by the makeup of congress right?

What about immigration? A split congress hasn't stopped movement on that as ICE is under the directive of the president and immigration courts tend to be appointed (indirectly but directly) by the president.

What about the makeup of the DOJ and federal courts?

To your first question, I don't think the supreme court will roll back civil rights measures related to black people.

I sense you asked the second question because I think that you know that the issues that most people have with the conservative Supreme Court picks is not about black issues.

The one black supreme court justice is conservative, after all.

So we acknowledge that you've made the shift from issues pertaining to Black Americans, despite that being my focus, to other issues.

As it relates to immigration, the prior administration deported more people than any other administration. And the prior administration was a democratic one.

All the tweeting ol boy has done over the past two and a half months.

And it took 100,000 deaths for him to acknowledge them?

I sense you asked the second question because I think that you know that the issues that most people have with the conservative Supreme Court picks is not about black issues.

The one black supreme court justice is conservative, after all.
The one SC justice is anti-affirmative action. That will definitely be in danger if the court continues to swing. You're not concerned with that? Or you don't believe in it, like Clarence Thomas? The Voting Rights Act is a black issue as well.

Also, I resent the notion that Environmental issues and women's reproductive rights aren't black issues. They aren't exclusively black issues, but they absolutely have a tremendous impact on black lives.

It looks like Amy Cooper, the white woman in the viral Central Park video, is a liberal. That's important

You’re not wrong that she’s a liberal although I might disagree with your approach to dealing with white supremacy among liberals.

The article’s tone that it had revealed a bombshell in her donating to Democrats, strikes me as odd. What would have been a big revelation is if Central Park Karen had been a Trump supporter. A VP on Wall Street in New York In 2020 is assumed to be a Democrat.

How do we deal with the fact purveyors of finance capitalism and white supremacy feel so comfortable in the Democratic Party? You’d probably say it’s Republican. I’d say riot but stop at a polling place and vote for Dems in the general, vote for the leftmost primary candidate and then keep rioting.

Asking what you will do for Black People's political support = being a "Wise Guy".

Got it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom