***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I bring this up not because I give a **** about ****er carlson but because it gives us an opportunity to highlight Tammy Duckworth.

Her father, a veteran of WWII and the Vietnam War, is a descendant of other Americans who have fought in every major US war (all the way back to the Revolutionary War). She was working on her PhD when she was deployed to Iraq as a a helicopter pilot in the Army. She was shot down by Iraqis, however, and lost both her legs in 2004. She is now a Senator from Illinois and in consideration to be Biden's VP.

Fast forward to this week, when ****er carlson questions her patriotism and says people like her "actually hate America."

****ing awful. But I guess par for the course from the party that is ok with Russia putting bounties on American soldiers. But our troops. **** you.

Off-topic: is he taking makeup tips from the don? The difference in color between the area around his eyes and the rest of his face is starting to match that of the owner of the boots he loves to lick.

THIS IS FLORIDA

tenor.gif

Are we surpised DWalk is a POS? We knew this already.

-He supports pedophiles
-He supports racists
-Hates black people
-Defrauds the government

Thats just a few.

I think what slipped through the cracks in all of this is the fact that he applied for assistance while paying a $600/year annual credit card fee

“There are practical realities — we ran a bunch of red district primaries, and it would come back that the number one issue for 80+% of Republican primary voters was loyalty to Donald Trump. I’m not making that number up,” a respondent told me.

Several consultants pointed to the situation that Sen. John Cornyn faces in Texas to illustrate the problem. They indicated that internal polling shows Trump either tied or very slightly ahead in the Lone Star State. One said Cornyn should be feeling very lucky that Beto O’Rourke ran for president, rather than tacking slightly center and spending $90 million on a campaign to unseat the incumbent senator. Another said Cornyn’s “quietly in trouble.”

Damnit Starboy

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

That compartmentalization is reflected in the emotional valence that comes when discussing the things about our terrible political moment that really anger them. From my vantage point, the anger should be directed at Trump. After all, in most every way besides financial Trump has tarnished their daily lives. One admitted to not being able to discuss his job with his wife any longer. Another lamented being called “racist” and “evil.” All expressed exasperation that Trump encompasses everything they talk about. Some felt deeply internally conflicted about work that used to make them proud. They all felt Trump had left them with no other options. Only a couple seemed to be having much fun.

GIF-Boo-hoo-Cry-about-it-pity-sad-sob-story-song-violin-who-cares-GIF.gif

But for several others, Trump was someone they related to, a shadow side who was an emotional outlet for their anger.

They are mad (rightly) at people like Ben Sasse who act like they take the moral high ground only to hide under the hay bales until their primary is over. They are mad at people like Jeff Flake who moralized while angling for a new job in corporate America.

They are mad at the Lincoln Project for attacking innocent GOP Senators (“There’s no coming back for these Lincoln Project mother****ers, it doesn’t matter what next. They are madder at those people than [at] Trump for sure”).

They are mad at the media. (“There is so much hyperbole around Trump and around these events. And it goes so thermonuclear outrage every ****in 3 or 4 days. The scar tissue built up on what is a big thing anymore.”)

Really, really mad at the media. (“There’s not a moment where they are not in your face. It’s not bull**** that they are a leftist institution. The mask is off.)

They are mad at the left. (“I’m not going to bow to every liberal altar on this”).

Really, really mad at the left. (“Woke culture has created no other lane for you but to support him on the one or two things that you like and then you have to countenance all the rest of the bull****”).

umad.png

That gif will cause Hov to lose his nfl money.
Yeah, Tucker is looking kinda orangish....maybe they’re trying to make a switch cause trump’s health is declining. If Tucker dyes his hair, we know what it is.

I think what slipped through the cracks in all of this is the fact that he applied for assistance while paying a $600/year annual credit card fee

Sigh

I thought we left this discussion this morning.

1. The platinum fee is 550 not 600. That is not a significant difference, but it is an exaggeration; and

2. It is a personal platinum not a business platinum.

i showed that loan to my wife and she said let’s leave it for people that need it - it’s a finite amount and will run out. combined, we make about 200k combined so we’re not wealthy at all but we’re ok.

i’m surprised that dwalk31 dwalk31 got the money. i’m not surprised that he’s deflecting the blame on congress or not taking personal responsibility for taking money that i’m sure others who need it more, wont be able to get. i’m not judging or condemning most who did it. heck, i was gonna do it. i’m only judging dwalk because of the fake moral airs he puts on. c’mon man. i know it likely wasn’t illegal but you know others needed it much more than you.

i showed that loan to my wife and she said let’s leave it for people that need it - it’s a finite amount and will run out. combined, we make about 200k combined so we’re not wealthy at all but we’re ok.

i’m surprised that dwalk31 dwalk31 got the money. i’m not surprised that he’s deflecting the blame on congress or not taking personal responsibility for taking money that i’m sure others who need it more, wont be able to get. i’m not judging or condemning most who did it. heck, i was gonna do it. i’m only judging dwalk because of the fake moral airs he puts on. c’mon man. i know it likely wasn’t illegal but you know others needed it much more than you.
don’t hate the player, hate the game. :lol:

we all have known that dwalk is a greedy pig for some time now.

Damnit Starboy

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

GIF-Boo-hoo-Cry-about-it-pity-sad-sob-story-song-violin-who-cares-GIF.gif

umad.png

Personal Responsibility for thee, not for meee!!!

They supported Donald Trump. They apologized for his BS. They apologized for his "the judge shouldn't be a judge because his parents were from Mexico" racism.

Now, they want to complain about the people who are merely repeating the words of their lord and savior?

**** em. Sincerely.

Looks like even US colleges and universities won't recover from his administration.

International students account for a tiny number of the college body, but each one of them subsidizes 1 or two American kids (if we're only talking about tuition).

And let's not even talk about the harm to the reputation of these institutions; let's not talk about the technological advantage that will be lost as a result of diminishing cooperation between US universities and other institutions.

This....don’t care that he got it, but I chuckled that he’s the same guy who says **** like some aide that the govt provides is too much and keeps people reliant by allowing them to stay on it too long. Not illegal, but blurs the lines of morality. That said, I make a decent amount on DraftKings. Can I apply since Covid ended the b-ball season??

:rofl::rofl:

Fair enough.

Just to clarify, I got the 1k grant. I didn't get some large EIDL sba loan at a low interest rate, or the ppp loan.

That said, as I mentioned earlier I think that someone's personal ethics can certainly create a legitimate critique of someone receiving the grant if they already make x amount. I can't really dispute the personal ethics argument. I do think fraud accusations, etc. are a step too far. And I think that the gripe is more responsibly placed at the foot of congress and the sba.

But I must say that I disagree re: "fake moral airs."

I won't engage in the who does what olympics but I know the causes that I have dedicated myself to throughout the years. The things I say come from a genuine place (for the most part unless I am clearly being sarcastic or trying to be funny).

I know that I likely won't change the minds of many in here but I legitimately find value in hearing and understanding the opposing perspectives. Even if it is often directed at me in a disrespectful way, because I truly understand the frustration.

Back
Top Bottom