***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I know it’s a joke post but why do conservatives assume the military would be on their side if it came down to it?

i think it's mostly because conservatives believe that BLM= "terrorists" and they're supported by Antifa who are also "terrorists." So they don't look at it as the government vs the people. They see it as terrorists vs the government.

Yeah I can see that, that’s why they call everything they don’t stand for terrorism.

I know national guard isn’t the prime example of military but when they were here I wasn’t even mad at them. They were being cool af and stopping traffic for protestors, giving out waters and just being chill.

then you got the police 20 feet away looking pissed af.

FDDCEC46-49A4-4A61-929D-A6BB2AE8EC47.gif

Yeah I think it was the lower wage employees that hurt the system for everyone who was making roughly their normal salary with the $600 bonus. People who were getting paid $400 a week at a fast food job weren't gonna apply for a similar job if they were pulling in more than double their old pay to be home. 80-90% of a persons normal salary would be ideal but we gotta wait and see where they land

Do keep in mind that if you quit, you get nothing. If your boss says “we’re open again“ and you don’t show, you get nothing. So it’s not an incentive against working, it’s a safety net and the reason it was beefed up during this pandemic was to avoid a recession due to a lack of demand. It is a bit of an incentive against earnestly looking for work although that’s a moot point for now since unemployment is surging and we’re in a pandemic so you don’t want firms adding new employees whose work cannot be done remotely.

Now I feel for low wage workers who are making the economy run, risking their lives and getting a pitifully small wage but you help them by having a negative income tax whereby if your total income (unemployment insurance and/or wages) is less than $18 an hour, you get paid the difference by the government. Then workers, who are doing essential work for less then $18 per hour, get a $2 per hour bonus per hour worked.

Employers can’t plead poverty because they aren’t paying the additional income, low paid essential workers can feel better, unemployed and low wage workers can live and not spread the virus by taking on gig work or sex work or any other in-person off the books work to survive, and there continues to be an on going economic stimulus and bulwark against San steeper downturn and more unemployment and reduced State revenues.

Again, anything is better than the pre COVID UI formula but expecting people to get by on 70% of $7.25 is cruel and bad for America’s economic and physical health.

Libs want to keep da benefits but how can we afford it? Paying Soy Bois, 🤡 guys, Ugly dudes, Remainers, Vaxxers, BLM, Antifa, Dims and Dums to stay at home, protest, but cry about working is not what America is about. STOP posting about the benefits and START posting about how Amazing our President ELECT is doing and STOP using slurs like Kevin and Karen.

Our great nation was not built by protesters and revolutionaries. Rather, it was built by men and women who waited tables at Fud Rucker’s and don’t expect a tip.

I’m DEAD :rofl:

Oh lord please save us from goons and BLM terrorists. We will do that by trusting our elected leader. When you win the majority vote and EC, yet you still get hated on like no body in history, it must be a divine process. Ava Devine.

Do keep in mind that if you quit, you get nothing. If your boss says “we’re open again“ and you don’t show, you get nothing. So it’s not an incentive against working, it’s a safety net and the reason it was beefed up during this pandemic was to avoid a recession due to a lack of demand. It is a bit of an incentive against earnestly looking for work although that’s a moot point for now since unemployment is surging and we’re in a pandemic so you don’t want firms adding new employees whose work cannot be done remotely.

Now I feel for low wage workers who are making the economy run, risking their lives and getting a pitifully small wage but you help them by having a negative income tax whereby if your total income (unemployment insurance and/or wages) is less than $18 an hour, you get paid the difference by the government. Then workers, who are doing essential work for less then $18 per hour, get a $2 per hour bonus per hour worked.

Employers can’t plead poverty because they aren’t paying the additional income, low paid essential workers can feel better, unemployed and low wage workers can live and not spread the virus by taking on gig work or sex work or any other in-person off the books work to survive, and there continues to be an on going economic stimulus and bulwark against San steeper downturn and more unemployment and reduced State revenues.

Again, anything is better than the pre COVID UI formula but expecting people to get by on 70% of $7.25 is cruel and bad for America’s economic and physical health.

I think it's 70% of a persons income if they don't reach their salary with normal unemployment. So let's say you were making $900 a week before Covid and your state pays a max of $500, they'll give you $630 total (70% of $900.) But let's say you were making $480 a week and unemployment in your state maxes at $500 you just get the $480

That painting sucks honestly.

my interpretation is it’s a bunch of old washed up broke boy libs huddling around the president asking him for hand outs.

can we please redo it with general lee, hitler, rocket man, Roy Moore, Epstein and the hodge twins?

thanks

Not everyone is a single issue voter. Just because someone is a vile racist doesn’t necessarily disqualify them from earning my support. I do not believe Donald trump is racist though, he just lacks experience.

Joe Biden wrote the 1994 crime bill, and is the architect of modern mass incarceration.

Not everyone is a single issue voter. Just because someone is a vile racist doesn’t necessarily disqualify them from earning my support. I do not believe Donald trump is racist though, he just lacks experience.

Joe Biden wrote the 1994 crime bill, and is the architect of modern mass incarceration.
Amen. To me. Don is a mild womanizer but the work he’s done for the blacks in America outweighs the bad he does communicating with women. At this rate, many goons will be converted to upstanding bleached individuals. Tim cotton is in the same boat. Sure he’s racist when you first glance at it comments but if you break them down and read between the lines you’ll find a man who bleeds for the black community and wants what’s best for them, even if that means putting many in prison. It’s for their own good. Kind of like my kids who are forced to clean their rooms, sure it’s horrible while they do it but in long run I’m teaching them responsibility. Similar to Rep Yoho calling AOC a “****ing stupid ugly Mexican ***** ***** ****”. He’s doing it bc he cares so deeply for her.

Crazy that Covid has been around for this long and politicians are for the first time making PSAs about social distancing and wearing a mask. I'd give Americans the benefit of the doubt and say they for the most part are smart enough to have been taking precaution all along, but we know there's a good chunk that blindly follow what politicians they support say and could've been doing the minimum all along to keep us out of this current situation

Back
Top Bottom