***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Your claim is that Republicans are able to pass "meaningful" legislation. How have you weighed that against all of the ways in which the Republican party has negatively impacted the black community? Do you have any outside sources you can provide?

To your first question, I have not done that.

To your second question, I do not.

My comparison is based on the ability for certain measures to get passed based on the current makeup of Congress.

To your first question, I have not done that.

To your second question, I do not.

My comparison is based on the ability for certain measures to get passed based on the current makeup of Congress.
So wait, you regularly mention "meaningful" legislation to justify supporting the GOP, and you conveniently ignore everything they do that negatively impacts the black community?

It kinda seems like your goal is to avoid looking like you're supporting pieces of ****.

So wait, you regularly mention "meaningful" legislation to justify supporting the GOP, and you conveniently ignore everything they do that negatively impacts the black community?

It kinda seems like your goal is to avoid looking like you're supporting pieces of ****.

I don’t conveniently ignore anything. It is an election year and I mentioned why I thought a Trump administration would be better than a Biden administration.

I did not say one party has done more for black people or that one party has done more harm to black people.

Obviously, people can vote for Biden and not ignore everything he’s done that has negatively impacted black people.

I don’t conveniently ignore anything. It is an election year and I mentioned why I thought a Trump administration would be better than a Biden administration.

I did not say one party has done more for black people or that one party has done more harm to black people.

Obviously, people can vote for Biden and not ignore everything he’s done that has negatively impacted black people.
You just admitted that you don't compare all of the meaningful legislation you talk about to everything the GOP does that negatively impacts the black community. If you're pointing out all of the positive that they do and don't consider the negative then that's ignoring the negative.

I guess I was under the impression that when you mention the "meaningful" legislation that the GOP can get passed, you felt it provided a net positive for the black community. Is that not the case?

Like the First Step Act and the Fair Chance Act, I think we will get the Second Step Act enacted.

Measures like these are important and prison reform is needed (as you know) because there is a disparate impact on black men.

Under a Biden administration, these types of measures might get held up based on the current makeup of Congress.

assuming each chamber majority remains the same (democrats retain the house while republicans keep the senate), why do you think these measures would get held up under a Biden administration and which chamber do you think would hold these measures up?

I don’t know if I saw a response to this. Please advise.

I honestly dunno why democrats are pushing so hard for the Trump tax records like it's gonna make a diff to anything. His supporters will just say "oh wow a rich person lying on their taxes. All rich people do that but you wouldn't know that bc you're a soy boy in your moms basement" as they're on break at their Walmart cashier job.

And from a legal standpoint he'll just hire million dollar lawyers that'll weasel their way out of anything the prosecution tries to bring up and he'll end up with some fines and it'll get swept under the rug.

Those "housewives" gonna pull a 2016 again huh

unimpressed.png

there’s one dude i met here on NT that’s a pretty wealthy white dude that currently lives in GA that never posts anything political on social media. i woulda had him pegged for a trump supporter but i saw his response to a post about HCQ and he hates trump and trump supporters. reading that made me happy 😂

i still think that more than 50% of the white people will vote for trump but hopefully i’m wrong.

Reactions: JPS
I honestly dunno why democrats are pushing so hard for the Trump tax records like it's gonna make a diff to anything. His supporters will just say "oh wow a rich person lying on their taxes. All rich people do that but you wouldn't know that bc you're a soy boy in your moms basement" as they're on break at their Walmart cashier job.

And from a legal standpoint he'll just hire million dollar lawyers that'll weasel their way out of anything the prosecution tries to bring up and he'll end up with some fines and it'll get swept under the rug.
NY state prosecutors are already doing what Democrats want to do anyway. That investigation is already much further along than Democrats’ attempts and is a real criminal investigation. Initially it centered on falsification of state business records in the hushmoney scheme but it expanded to a wider ranging criminal probe of potential bank, insurance and tax fraud.

You’ll probably see more useful leaks from the NY DA’s office than anything Congress could hope to ascertain

Back
Top Bottom