***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You just admitted that you don't compare all of the meaningful legislation you talk about to everything the GOP does that negatively impacts the black community. If you're pointing out all of the positive that they do and don't consider the negative then that's ignoring the negative.

I guess I was under the impression that when you mention the "meaningful" legislation that the GOP can get passed, you felt it provided a net positive for the black community. Is that not the case?

Net positive compared to everything Republicans have ever done? Yea, no. That was a terrible assumption.

My position is based solely on which administration can get more passed right now. I think that given the current makeup of Congress, a Trump administration would be better.

Weighing 400 years of slavery and systematic oppression against a few pieces of legislation is not going to yield a net positive for the black community. It is an absurd proposition.

I don’t know if I saw a response to this. Please advise.

I answered, but I’ll do so again because I am not hiding the ball on this. I think Republicans in the Senate would hold the legislation up to score political points under a Biden administration.

ccgp9bc47cf51.jpg

lol storm2006 storm2006

naw fam.

system needs an overhaul. plenty ppl voted for Hillary last time. not the right people tho. 40% of age eligible population didnt vote in 2016. i wish that number were 100%. have these POS hucksters standing in their 10 thousand dollar suits lookin real stupid gettin dragged out their offices by their ears

I answered, but I’ll do so again because I am not hiding the ball on this. I think Republicans in the Senate would hold the legislation up to score political points under a Biden administration.
Then why give the GOP credit for passing such legislation when the years of stonewalling up to the 2018 midterms demonstrates where they stood on criminal justice reform? The ones that deserve credit are the Republican co-sponsors of the bill that pushed for its passing during the Obama administration, not people who did the stonewalling or aided and abetted the stonewalling for multiple years until they needed some political points for the 2018 midterms. Strange how you don't hear a peep from those people about the Trump DOJ's continued sabotaging of the implementation of the First Step Act, which has been condemned by judges many times over but has also succeeded in other cases where DOJ's workaround of the FSA succeeded in depriving inmates of their rightful freedom.

Then why give the GOP credit for passing such legislation when the years of stonewalling up to the 2018 midterms demonstrates where they stood on criminal justice reform? The ones that deserve credit are the Republican co-sponsors of the bill that pushed for its passing during the Obama administration, not people who did the stonewalling or aided and abetted the stonewalling for multiple years until they needed some political points.

I think you are misunderstanding where I am giving the credit. I am crediting this administration with the ability to strong arm republican senators to get meaningful legislation passed. My thing is that this administration is uniquely positioned to do this in a way that a Biden administration likely can not.

I think you are misunderstanding where I am giving the credit. I am crediting this administration with the ability to strong arm republican senators to get meaningful legislation passed. My thing is that this administration is uniquely positioned to do this in a way that a Biden administration likely can not.
So you laud them for passing and then sabatoging implementation?

This administration is sabotages implementation? Or are you talking about actions taken by the Department of justice?

This administration is sabotaging implementation? Or are you talking about actions taken by the Department of justice?
The department of justice ran by the appointee to the President's cabinet. His handpicked guy.

The department of justice ran by the appointee to the President's cabinet. His handpicked guy.

Barr has testified repeatedly that the DOJ is independent. And that isn't some new development. Also, I'm pretty sure Trump's administration is currently under investigation by the DOJ. An investigation that I imagine he doesn't support.

Trump signed the legislation into law.

While it does appear that the DOJ has tried to sabotage it, the fact that the law is in place has made it so that judges can dismiss the arguments of the DOJ. So not only was it signed into law, but it is also working as intended despite the objections by the DOJ.

Potential energy is energy stored in an object due to its position or arrangement. Kinetic energy is energy of an object due to its movement - its motion.

Crediting this administration for what it COULD be doing is a mighty low Barr (pun intended)....especially considering what it actually IS doing with all that "ability".

Potential energy is energy stored in an object due to its position or arrangement. Kinetic energy is energy of an object due to its movement - its motion.

Crediting this administration for what it COULD be doing is a mighty low Barr (pun intended)....especially considering what it actually IS doing with all that "ability".

It isn't just hypothetical. With the ability the administration has got the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs passed.

These are actually measures that were held up under prior administrations. So it isn't just theoretical, it has been done by this administration and I imagine it will continue if Trump is re-elected.

Barr has testified repeatedly that the DOJ is independent. And that isn't some new development. Also, I'm pretty sure Trump's administration is currently under investigation by the DOJ. An investigation that I imagine he doesn't support.

Trump signed the legislation into law.

While it does appear that the DOJ has tried to sabotage it, the fact that the law is in place has made it so that judges can dismiss the arguments of the DOJ. So not only was it signed into law, but it is also working as intended despite the objections by the DOJ.

And yet when Mueller finished his investigation, Barr lied and distorted the findings to advance a pro-Trump narrative. Mueller called him out on it in 2 letters and under oath. In his recent testimony, Barr was asked to repeat one of those statements under oath, namely "The WH fully cooperated", but he knew repeating it would be lying to Congress so he tried to argue that what he meant was that the WH fully cooperated 'only in terms of documents' (which also isn't entirely true, Trump ordered the production of a false document that would then have been turned over to investigators), which is completely different from the original statement.
A federal judge conducting a review of whether DOJ appropriately redacted parts of the report has also concluded some of Barr's statements do not match with the content of the report, effectively called him a liar by rebuking his "lack of candor" and noted the court now had to seriously consider the possibility that Barr's false statements were meant specifically to advance a distorted narrative ahead of actual report's release.

He ordered changes to Roger Stone's sentencing memorandum despite conceding that all guideline requirements were met. He admitted that the sole defendant he has done this for is someone who committed 7 felonies to protect Trump. The 2017 Sessions memorandum, which Barr kept in effect, orders prosecutors to seek maximum penalties in every case, including triggering mandatory minimums. The memo explicitly demands this and says exceptions must be approved by DOJ leadership.
Does that sound independent? Granting that type of favor to a Trump loyalist felon while explicitly ordering that every other defendant must get a maximum guideline sentence recommendation?
DOJ may be traditionally independent but Barr's actions suggest he sees himself more as a fixer.

Judges can dismiss DOJ's workaround, not all of them do so. The sabotage is largely unsuccessful but not entirely. So no, it does not work as intended. DOJ has also defended the instruction that creates the workaround.

Last edited:
It isn't just hypothetical. With the ability the administration has got the First Step Act, Fair Chance Act and record funding to HBCUs passed.

These are actually measures that were held up under prior administrations. So it isn't just theoretical, it has been done by this administration and I imagine it will continue if Trump is re-elected.

BRUH! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

every day I see something else that further convinced me they are trying to kill people.

We had somebody from a partner agency come to my job yesterday and everyone has to get checked. dude apparently said that his doctor said all this is politically motivated and it will go away if Biden wins the election.

I saw him this morning and kinda finessed the conversation into that direction to see his thoughts. Dude believes, because of his doctor, that this is just and enhanced flu virus that they’re letting run rampant to make Trump look bad. I asked if he thought it was on purpose and he said well maybe. He agreed Trump is incompetent.

I immediately said (paraphrased) “what if the republicans were trying to make Trump look good and did this on purpose knowing we had the capacity to fix it? but his incompetence put us in this situation instead.”

dude looked like he saw a ghost

we are ****ed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom