***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The loudest "I'm not voting for Joe" Bernie folks are Russian/Saudi bots that have taken over pro-Bernie online discussion platforms. The rest of them understands as well as every other sane person that Donald's gotta go.

I can dig it. That said, I know some in real life, sad to say. Guess we’ll see what happens.

But yeah, I agree. Most hardcore Bernie folks know what time it is and I’m thankful for that. Time to unite and form like Voltron to take out these clown *** MFers occupying D.C.

I’m not talking about black people, I’m talking about you though, man. And I’m not sure why, but there was a big thing on here about you being black and I think the consensus is that you are based on some pictures posted (that I missed). So, why wouldn’t YOU hold him accountable? You know saying, “he can do better,” isn’t really doing that, right?

I am black.

I have said why I support Trump; it isn't because I support his troubling rhetoric.

I said that I think he has the best ability to get meaningful legislation past the Senate.

If Biden wins, and the Republicans hold the Senate, then it will be difficult to get meaningful measures through because the Republican members in the GOP will block it to score political points.

The Trump administration is just uniquely positioned to strong-arm certain measures through.

None of that invalidates valid criticisms against Trump. And I have repeatedly noted that I disagree with his rhetoric and many of his actions. I have never pretended that Trump was some perfect candidate.

I think Biden made an excellent choice here. One that may end up with me supporting him despite all of the issues with the Senate blocking important measures.

C2B71E0C-4172-43B4-83C8-D4E0852A3546.jpeg

@MVP:rofl::rofl:

I REALLY like warren
But he would lose with her
Best to at least put her in his cabinet if he wins
Harris is from CA and Warren from MA. One thing we have to take into consideration is how likely those joining the presumptive Biden administration are to be replaced with senators/congresspeople from their own party. Without maintaining a majority in Congress and in governor mansions, we're looking at another four years of stalemate and the GOP finger-pointing in 2024.

Cabinet picks and chief of staff are more consequential but VP pick is used to signal how an administration will conduct himself.

ThIs pick is much better than Susan Rice and would seem to indicate that Biden will not just go off of Obama era nostalgia. In a sense, Biden is signaling that Trump is not the sole cause of distress for the mass of people. So this feels like a nice gesture to the left along with Biden overall rhetoric as of late which acknowledges that getting back to normal is not enough.

Also there’s the open Senate seat in California.

Back
Top Bottom