***Official Political Discussion Thread***

1597178839038.gif

All Kamala needs to do is avoid saying or doing anything at all for the next 3 months. Hillary beats Trump if it wasn't for that email scandal coming out before the election. If Kamala even does one minor thing they media is gonna blow it up

There may be new dirt on Kamala but I think one of the reasons he picked her is most of her egregious stuff (prosocutorial record, criminal justice, etc.) has been out there and vetted through her presidential run. There's always a chance for more skeletons to be revealed but policy wise I think most is common knowledge.

I expect to see a bunch of AKA’s in paraphernalia repping hard tomorrow. Happy for them in that regard.......not necessarily with the person that was chose. .....’06-‘08.

All this time, and with all the stuff you've said on here, I completely forgot you were frat. I'm trippin :lol:

If Asian American voters wanted Yang, then cool, give them Yang.

But I would hope they should have find someone better than Yang. Dude is too full of ****.

He still be peddling that "be nice to racist" steez and his UBI was a joke.

Every Asian American I know, ended up voting for Warren or Sanders although a lot of them said it was good to have an Asian American figure on a national stage.

His UBI had problem, especially the regressive taxation needed to fund it.

There is a desire to see unconditional, simple direct aid and a lot of voters are tired of politicians having this taboo around giving people money directly. Even our candidates didn’t seem willing to do that.

Ultimately though, Yang himself got support mostly from poor or low income young men on reddit. Many of these young men want, in the abstract, want a society that caters to the more well off, be that celebrity oligarchs like Musk or Bezos or suburban home owning patriarchs. These young men have no money or few prospects so there is a contradiction there. Yang was the resolution to that contradiction, he’d not rock the socio economic boat like Sanders or Warren but he’d give these young redditors a stipend with which can build a successful business and attract a waifu.

Since many of these young men are either white or are PoC, who wish they were white, and find discussions of race and gender uncomfortable, Yang’s views on race and gender made him all the more appealing.

So he’s trash but it’s still hypocritical for the Democratic Party to not embrace him. If it can embrace Kasich and the staff of the failed Weekly Standard, it should be able to embrace anyone who might increase Biden coalition.

Not thrilled, but not surprised. I’m still making a beeline to the polls and voting blue down the entire ticket. Hopefully everyone else who is disappointed does the same. Yes, I’m looking at you Bernie folks.
The loudest "I'm not voting for Joe" Bernie folks are Russian/Saudi bots that have taken over pro-Bernie online discussion platforms. The rest of them understands as well as every other sane person that Donald's gotta go.

The votes he gets from the black community do hold him accountable.

That's why I said it would be a different discussion if he enjoyed a larger share of the black vote.

I’m not talking about black people, I’m talking about you though, man. And I’m not sure why, but there was a big thing on here about you being black and I think the consensus is that you are based on some pictures posted (that I missed). So, why wouldn’t YOU hold him accountable? You know saying, “he can do better,” isn’t really doing that, right?

Wtf!! Why her ? She is cold blooded like Hillary. Didn't Tulsi expose her at the debates ?

Clearly a party pick. Would have been nice if Michelle Obama agreed to the job, but she is too sane to accept it.

Back
Top Bottom