***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I am black.

I have said why I support Trump; it isn't because I support his troubling rhetoric.

I said that I think he has the best ability to get meaningful legislation past the Senate.

And what legislation is this exactly? I keep looking on his presidential campaign website and keep seeing zero second term policy proposals.

And what legislation is this exactly? I keep looking on his presidential campaign website and keep seeing zero second term policy proposals.

I would write the legislation passed so far, but you already know that.

And more of the same including a Second Step Act.

We bout to see the 92 Dream Team vs Switzerland

kg gonna be my spirit animal

1597180483497.gif

but you aren't talking about first term legislation, you are talking about passing "meaningful legislation" in the second term.

So go ahead and list out the meaningful legislation troll. If you are voting for him based on one piece of legislation that's by and large worse than proposals put forth by the Biden campaign then what does that really say about you?

Always funny that you cite this as a policy reason to vote for Trump, yet you demand Biden support reparations

You would swear Ta'Nehisi Coates came outta retirement and wrote a new long form essay, Da Case for The Second Step Act

I am black.

I have said why I support Trump; it isn't because I support his troubling rhetoric.

I said that I think he has the best ability to get meaningful legislation past the Senate.

If Biden wins, and the Republicans hold the Senate, then it will be difficult to get meaningful measures through because the Republican members in the GOP will block it to score political points.

The Trump administration is just uniquely positioned to strong-arm certain measures through.

None of that invalidates valid criticisms against Trump. And I have repeatedly noted that I disagree with his rhetoric and many of his actions. I have never pretended that Trump was some perfect candidate.

I think Biden made an excellent choice here. One that may end up with me supporting him despite all of the issues with the Senate blocking important measures.

Whether you were black or not was never on my mind. Can’t imagine you having a reason to lie about that, so if you said it during a discussion with me, I would’ve believed you.

But will he?

It doesn’t bother you that he’s trying to cut SS, Medicaid? That he rolled back the housing act and while doing so, pretty much just can’t out and says, “he white people, vote for me cause I’m keeping your neighborhood white” Or that he thinks BLM is a symbol of hate while supporting the confederate flag?

And supporting republicans because you think they’ll obstruct a democrat is sad to say the least. Saying you disagree with his rhetoric and actions but continuing to support him is too. The guy can’t answer simple questions coherently and tells lies that are easily able to proven false, but you think he should be the leader of the free world?

Also, .......corruption......using presidency to line his pockets........clearly indebted to multiple foreign powers.

but you aren't talking about first term legislation, you are talking about passing "meaningful legislation" in the second term.

So go ahead and list out the meaningful legislation troll. If you are voting for him based on one piece of legislation that's by and large worse than proposals put forth by the Biden campaign then what does that really say about you?

I think that he will continue more of the same. Like a Second Step Act. I put that in my initial response.

The proposals by Biden aren't the issue. It is the ability for those proposals to make it past the Senate.

Gotta feel for Stacey Abrams man :lol:, had her doing interviews and flying all over daily for nothing

That’s just part of the game though. Gotta hit the chitlin’ circuit first. Honestly, it may have been a future-proofing move on the Dems part. Like imagine the uproar if all these other highly qualified people were passed over for her. EYE would have zero issue with it, but many would.

But now her name and face are out there for future considerations, and eventually her loss in GA will be a distant memory. I feel like she’s being primed for a future run or a potential cabinet spot, which often requires going through the media wringer.

Or I could be giving the Dems entirely too much credit, which wouldn’t be shocking. :lol:

I think that he will continue more of the same. Like a Second Step Act. I put that in my initial response.

The proposals by Biden aren't the issue. It is the ability for those proposals to make it past the Senate.

more of the same what? Name the specific Trump proposals and meaningful legislation you are voting to get passed if he gets re-elected.

This shouldn’t be difficult

Whether you were black or not was never on my mind. Can’t imagine you having a reason to lie about that, so if you said it during a discussion with me, I would’ve believed you.

But will he?

It doesn’t bother you that he’s trying to cut SS, Medicaid? That he rolled back the housing act and while doing so, pretty much just can’t out and says, “he white people, vote for me cause I’m keeping your neighborhood white” Or that he thinks BLM is a symbol of hate while supporting the confederate flag?

And supporting republicans because you think they’ll obstruct a democrat is sad to say the least. Saying you disagree with his rhetoric and actions but continuing to support him is too. The guy can’t answer simple questions coherently and tells lies that are easily able to proven false, but you think he should be the leader of the free world?

Also, .......corruption......using presidency to line his pockets........clearly indebted to multiple foreign powers.

I've told you my reasoning and I completely understand if you don't think it makes sense. But the First Step Act and Fair Chance Act have done a lot of good. And I think his administration has the ability to strong-arm similar measures will pass in a second term.

That said, based on who Biden picked I may vote for Biden. I have said on here that a black running mate and support for reparations would get Biden to get my vote. Even with my concerns of obstruction in the Senate.

Always funny that you cite this as a policy reason to vote for Trump, yet you demand Biden support reparations

You would swear Ta'Nehisi Coates came outta retirement and wrote a new long form essay, Da Case for The Second Step Act

I don't need to keep saying this. But the convo would undoubtedly be different if Trump enjoyed the same percentage of the black vote as Biden.

more of the same what? Name the specific Trump proposals and meaningful legislation you are voting to get passed if he gets re-elected.

This shouldn’t be difficult

More legislation related to prison reform. Like a second step act. That is the specific meaningful legislation that I am talking about.

It is not difficult.

If you want me to give you a draft of the bill, I don't have it.

More legislation related to prison reform. Like a second step act. That is the specific meaningful legislation that I am talking about.

It is not difficult.

If you want me to give you a draft of the bill, I don't have it.

how about lengthening sentences for people who deface statues?

How do you reconcile his law and order stance while sending in unmarked cops to cities? Is that part of the criminal justice reform you are voting for? Or are you just picking and choosing things that make you feel better because you are 100% voting based on your wallet because you are a scumbag?

it shouldn’t be hard for you to provide at least a summary proposal of the things you are supporting.

Back
Top Bottom