***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Thoughts?

I know some won't be able to get past the speaker.

Joe Rogaine isn't making the point he thinks he is. We can say Joe isn't 100% mentally sound due to his age and some of his behavior but neither is Trump. He says stuff then 15 min later claims he never said it. Dude is delusional and has made countless nations lose respect for America.

I don't think Biden is an A1 candidate and he's done a lot that I disagree with but we gave Trump and Pence four years to prove their abilities and COVID aside, their biggest impact was the performance of the stock market that was already surging towards the end of Barack's final term.

Trump camp posting videos upon videos

90AD89B5-8A47-4B28-A566-D3DB3A832D62.gif

Are we really gonna take political advice from the dude who swears that eating elk meat gives men and increase in testosterone and vitality because they are powerful animals that run around in the wild.

All while dude been on hormone replacement therapy for damn near two decades

This the mother****er we checking for?

Last edited:
It’s about being told that you’re racist because you wished more people voted for your candidate.
Again, that was NOT what happened, and I don't know if you want to go through what was actually said by you. If you want to be disingenuous to throw one last Bernie pity party, then have at it.

Seriously
What do I need to do
Mind pointing me to a link
To where i can sign up
I’m dead serious

My mistake, there won’t be a truly open Senate seat as the governor, Gavin Newsom, gets to appoint someone to finish Harris’ term.

That’s actually good news because there will be a US Senate election in 2022 in California. I’d estimate that you’d need $4,000 or about 4,000 signatures to get on the primary ballot.

The primary in CA is open to all. Voters of all party affiliations and independents can vote in it and candidates from all parties and independent candidates are on the same ballot. The top two candidates get to be on the general election ballot.

I don't think we've given Biden enough credit. Or his campaign team. But even that, he's done a good job of conveying a down-to-earth, old-fashioned campaign, even though his team is probably heavy on the analytics.

From what I've seen today, the more suburban-type Democrat or middle-ground person who wants to vote against Trump is pretty ecstatic about Kamala Harris being VP. For better or worse, for a lot of people this election is about returning order to our institutions while also embracing progressive values (for example, BLM but don't defund the police). Kamala Harris fits that niche pretty well.
I think this is why many progressives like myself are disappointed. We are returning order to “our institutions”. These institutions created cavernous inequalities in america. Trump exacerbated these issues but he did not create them.
I guess people find consolation in going from -10 to zero when in reality it is more like going from -100 to -20.
Here in CA only the limousine high net worth liberals were for Kamala. Biden and Kamala will let them continue to amass wealth put together a patch work safety net for the working class that continues to grow into an impoverished class.
I guess at this point seeing The Squad succeed gets me excited. The Bidens and Kamalas are just riding their coat tails and sponsoring their bills but they have no intention of transforming the system.

My mistake, there won’t be a truly open Senate seat as the governor, Gavin Newsom, gets to appoint someone to finish Harris’ term.

That’s actually good news because there will be a US Senate election in 2022 in California. I’d estimate that you’d need $4,000 or about 4,000 signatures to get on the primary ballot.

The primary in CA is open to all. Voters of all party affiliations and independents can vote in it and candidates from all parties and independent candidates are on the same ballot. The top two candidates get to be on the general election ballot.
After the election
I’m a make a thread to raise campaign donations
I hope u Cali nters support me
I’m fa real
I’m of the people
FOR THE PEOPLE
I’m dead serious

I think this is why many progressives like myself are disappointed. We are returning order to “our institutions”. These institutions created cavernous inequalities in america. Trump exacerbated these issues but he did not create them.
I guess people find consolation in going from -10 to zero when in realty it is more like going from -100 to -20.
Here in CA only the limousine high net worth liberals were for Kamala. Biden and Kamala will let them continue to amass wealth put together a patch work safety net for the working class that continues to grow into an impoverished class.
I guess at this point seeing The Squad succeed gets me excited. The Bidens and Kamalas are just riding their coat tails and sponsoring their bills but they have no intention of transforming the system.

If the left were orders of magnitude stronger and could provision mutual aid, conduct general or sectoral strikes and generally smash the state, I’d be in accelerationist mode because we could finish off the racist, capitalist, imperialist Empire. As a result, we do need to maintain and restore existing infrastructure and public service and the basics of liberal Democracy for now.

I agree that even now, many Institutions like the police, military, CIA, would be better off failing. Certainly we would be better off without most “norms” like the Senate filibuster and judicial review. But until we have the numbers and organization to provide a superior alternative, we need state institutions like CDC, DOJ civil rights division, USPS and Medicare/Medicaid to survive and thrive.

If there is a total collapse now, the military and/or capital would be able to exploit the collapse more than the left. Hopefully, the left will be in a position to exploit a total collapse in fact, we better be.

Back
Top Bottom