***Official Political Discussion Thread***

FCA1316A-60FF-43D0-9051-629DBC8C1F18.jpeg

Personally I think republicans have tied themselves to a sinking ship. I mean, Trump's favorite lapdog might lose his senate seat in South Carolina to a Black guy :lol:. They're tanking and they know it, which is why they're so pressed about the SCOTUS nomination, it's gonna be the last "win" they get for a looooooooooong time.
Political history shows that with big changes comes be reputations (opposite reaction). We will pay for Obama for generations to come. Republicans need to win over a new generation as their main base dies off.

If you tell a Trump supporter that he has never won a Nobel prize they'd be like "yeah because everyone on that committee is a liberal! They'll never give it to a true republican warrior like Trump!"

MAGA crowd is the equivalent of someone who roots for a team that lost because their team sucks and is like "we would've won if it wasn't for the refs!!"

Political history shows that with big changes comes be reputations (opposite reaction). We will pay for Obama for generations to come. Republicans need to win over a new generation as their main base dies off.

Realistically what generation is that going to be though? Even the younger politicians in the party like Rubio have tied themselves to Trump. I know we’re living in the moment, but historically isn’t going to reflect kindly on Trump or anyone who agreed with him. Also, the way demographics in this country are shifting if they start losing Georgia AND Texas, it’s a wrap.

I think there will still be space for Kasich/Larry Hogan type Republicans to exist, but thats about it.

Realistically what generation is that going to be though? Even the younger politicians in the party like Rubio have tied themselves to Trump. I know we’re living in the moment, but historically isn’t going to reflect kindly on Trump or anyone who agreed with him. Also, the way demographics in this country are shifting if they start losing Georgia AND Texas, it’s a wrap.

I think there will still be space for Kasich/Larry Hogan type Republicans to exist, but thats about it.
I spend half the year in Oklahoma. Trump isn’t even the worst they have to offer. And you want to talk about people with a cult like mentality? Y’all gotta be here to believe it. They openly vote red knowing it doesn’t benefit them in the least bit, then they’ll complain when the blowback hurts their health care. These people literally think Pelosi is the single thing responsible for everything bad

Back
Top Bottom