***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Of course! It's Da Waltham Wealth :pimp:

tenor (1).gif

If every state had a Waltham we know this country would be great. Coal mining would be the #1 export, COVID-19 would be defeated, Jayson Tatum would be Governor Elect and LIBS WOULD BE TOAST.

Zero clue why NBC is rewarding this dude for F’n up

at some point the media needs to deal with this both sides BS.. or blatantly just looking for ratings instead of just practicing legit journalism

the world doesn’t need to hear why the white supremacist feels oppressed because others are getting anywhere in the vicinity of equal rights

these people gotta realize they made David duke a thing.. and helped that failure and republicans make the country what it is

Exactly. Make him speak to the public on OANN pay per view only. Quit giving him the ability to speak out loud

I think he mentioned white supremacists, directly, in his post. But the idea of white supremacy, generally, is very broad. So giving a quick definition wouldn’t adequately address all of the various forms of white supremacy. But mass incarceration, redlining, voter suppression, discrimination, etc. are all forms of white supremacy.

I also agree with the FBI director’s recent characterization of white supremacy as a persistent and pervasive threat.

in the context of the conversation you guys were having, what do YOU think HE meant when he said white supremacy? If you're going to engage with him, it would probably be beneficial to establish what he means so that you can properly respond. and if you misunderstand what hes saying, or misinterpret it, he can clarify.

in the context of the conversation you guys were having, what do YOU think HE meant when he said white supremacy? If you're going to engage with him, it would probably be beneficial to establish what he means so that you can properly respond. and if you misunderstand what hes saying, or misinterpret it, he can clarify.

Are you confused by what he meant, or something? If so, perhaps you should ask him instead of me.

I answered.

I believe he was addressing the broad issue with white supremacists and stating that one particular party pushes the agenda of white supremacy.

Same here. By about 4th grade I stopped saying the words. By about 9th grade I just sat in my chair with my hand over my heart stone-faced while the home room teacher gave me dirty looks. After that I would just post up at my desk with my disc man on and not even pay attention. Always thought it was ridiculous.

Like I get it. We're in a America. There's a flag in every class room. Do I really need to pledge every day like I might have to grab my musket and fight the British in year 2000 :lol:
Something about that **** just subconsciously sticks out as egregious even as a kid. I went through very similar phases. The teachers thought I was an issue. Not the brainwashing or the unquestioned ‘pledge of allegiance.’

****’s wild.

Are you confused by what he meant, or something? If so, perhaps you should ask him instead of me.

I answered.

I believe he was addressing the broad issue with white supremacists and stating that one particular party pushes the agenda of white supremacy.

i'm not confused. your response to him implied he didnt answer the question when you brought up democrats. the way you responded made it look like you needed further clarification on what he meant by white supremacy, but it seems to me reading that he had his bases covered.

i'm not confused. your response to him implied he didnt answer the question when you brought up democrats. the way you responded made it look like you needed further clarification on what he meant by white supremacy, but it seems to me reading that he had his bases covered.

He didn’t directly answer the question re: whether Black Americans are victims of the Democratic Party. Which is something he said I tacitly admitted regarding the Republican Party.

If you think he answered that question, was his answer to that question yes or no based on your understanding?

At what point do they get questioned about their views on the ethics of the Constitution as originally written?

im still waiting for them to get pressed on their ‘pro life’ views while being scared of any changes whatsoever when any of these mass shootings happen

He didn’t directly answer the question re: whether Black Americans are victims of the Democratic Party. Which is something he said I tacitly admitted regarding the Republican Party.

If you think he answered that question, was his answer to that question yes or no based on your understanding?

clearly a yes in my opinion. the "victimization" of black people as a result of both parties present day platforms are definitely not equivalent in nature nor magnitude. which is probably the point most people have gotten across at to you at this point though

clearly a yes in my opinion. the "victimization" of black people as a result of both parties present day platforms are definitely not equivalent in nature nor magnitude. which is probably the point most people have gotten across at to you at this point though

Oh okay. Why do you think he didn’t just say “yes?”

Also, I don’t think I’ve said they are equivalent.

But only one party can depend on 90%+ plus of the black vote.

I base my entire approach on anecdotal evidence (the sense/feeling I get when I talk to people across the country from both sides of the aisle).
I appreciate the honesty in this response. This is probably the closest we will ever get to you admitting you vote entirely out of self interest.

You are telling us that you care so much about the "meaningful" legislation that you claim the Republicans can pass that you never weigh it against the harm that the Republicans do. That doesn't make sense.

You are telling us that you care so much that you ignore the data and instead rely on warm fuzzies to decide which candidates are more likely to win. That doesn't make sense.

Perhaps this is because the evidence doesn't support what you're saying.

This hearing is absolute trash complete with a failed rep begging for money. She’s not on trial and is still pleading the 5th

Back
Top Bottom