***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This election might not tell just how many bigots there are in America.

But it will give us a definitive count of how many top-shelf, grade-a buffoons they really are. Cause if you are voting for Kanye, you a exactly that.
The man is public and open with his mental issues, getting admitted, his medicine cocktail, the ramblings, selfishness, greed and attention whoring etc. If you look at someone like that and think that's the President for me, please get yourself committed to a mental institution as well.

That **** was wild to me back then, I just didn’t know why.

Straight up indoctrination from conception.

Same here. By about 4th grade I stopped saying the words. By about 9th grade I just sat in my chair with my hand over my heart stone-faced while the home room teacher gave me dirty looks. After that I would just post up at my desk with my disc man on and not even pay attention. Always thought it was ridiculous.

Like I get it. We're in a America. There's a flag in every class room. Do I really need to pledge every day like I might have to grab my musket and fight the British in year 2000 :lol:

Because the party who has been able to depend on black voters, would have to do more for black voters—specifically—to maintain that support.

Let’s try a hypothetical

Perhaps I’ll use a story @RustyShackleford constantly brings up.

19 yo Rusty, a confessed cheater, continues To cheat on his girl. He does this, in part, because he knows she loves him and isn’t going to leave him. He can depend on her remaining with him despite his actions.

He can argue, well who are you going to leave me for? Those other guys cheat too. In fact, they are way worse than I am. You’d be an idiot if you leave.

Im saying that if she shows Rusty that he can’t depend on her to stay without a shift in his behavior, it could yield positive results for her.
The correct analogy to what you're saying is: "I'm gonna cut myself and risk death if my girl doesn't love me more"

The fact that Democrats are openly embracing racial justice is a win and it means that they are listening to their most fervent voting block. 10, 20 years ago, you wouldn't have seen that. Remember the third way Democrats?
Only one party acknowledges Black socioeconomic issues and comes up with policies aimed at correcting those issues, and it's the Democratic party.

Idk about immunity to the virus but it those groups certainly seem to have developed immunity to common sense

Herd mentality (immunity) as proposed by Trump and his fake doctors isn’t a plan. They want to let it just run it’s course. Like someone previously said, the actual process involves having the cure available

bz23mwm2jqg51.jpg
As Pam Bondi said, boats gotta be bought. So what if he goes bankrupt?

I always found this one of the most puzzling things about the US. The whole pledging to the flag, national anthem obsession comes off as cultish to me.

Belgium in that regard couldn’t be more different. I’ve never been asked to pledge allegiance to anything and have only twice been asked to recite the national anthem. Both were in early elementary school for some event, after that I never had any other interaction with the national anthem.
I couldn’t tell you more than a few lines at most. None of my friends know the anthem, neither do my parents and even a former Prime Minister publicly conceded he had no idea how to recite it. Most of our national football team generally stays silent when the anthem is played before a match, presumably because most don’t know or care. Nobody has ever made a big deal out of it as far as I know. Even when our PM admitted he didn’t know the anthem, it wasn’t really a shock to anyone or that big of a deal to people. The main issue was that we were made an absolute laughingstock in the international press. In the incident, the PM started singing part of France’s national anthem instead of our anthem when prompted and then admitted it was all he knew about national anthems.

So as you can see our countries couldn’t be further apart in this regard.

I always found this one of the most puzzling things about the US. The whole pledging to the flag, national anthem obsession comes off as cultish to me.

Belgium in that regard couldn’t be more different. I’ve never been asked to pledge allegiance to anything and have only twice been asked to recite the national anthem. Both were in early elementary school for some event, after that I never had any other interaction with the national anthem.
I couldn’t tell you more than a few lines at most. None of my friends know the anthem, neither do my parents and even a former Prime Minister publicly conceded he had no idea how to recite it. Most of our national football team generally stays silent when the anthem is played before a match, presumably because most don’t know or care. Nobody has ever made a big deal out of it as far as I know. Even when our PM admitted he didn’t know the anthem, it wasn’t really a shock to anyone or that big of a deal to people. The main issue was that we were made an absolute laughingstock in the international press. In the incident, the PM started singing part of France’s national anthem instead of our anthem when prompted and then admitted it was all he knew about national anthems.

It is weird. My daughter doesn’t say the pledge in school or know it and I only had one teacher make us do it in 3rd grade. I’m sure it’s different everywhere though.

in the Bahamas we used to do it in primary school, but I’m assuming that’s more so as a learning tactic.. national anthem was played a ton

when I went stateside for boarding school for grade 9, don’t even remember seeing it once.. and national anthem was pretty much sports related stuff.. hell only reason I actually know the American national anthem is because of hearing it so much between playing and watching sports.. and I took us AP history

the thing that took a bit for me to adjust to was absolutely zero religion.. and then when I went to play football, they were kinda over the top with it.. cause coming from the Bahamas, we had pray in school at all levels and it‘s pretty heavily involved in our culture

in the Bahamas we used to do it in primary school, but I’m assuming that’s more so as a learning tactic.. national anthem was played a ton

when I went stateside for boarding school for grade 9, don’t even remember seeing it once.. and national anthem was pretty much sports related stuff.. hell only reason I actually know the American national anthem is because of hearing it so much between playing and watching sports.. and I took us AP history

the thing that took a bit for me to adjust to was absolutely zero religion.. and then when I went to play football, they were kinda over the top with it.. cause coming from the Bahamas, we had pray in school at all levels and it‘s pretty heavily involved in our culture
On the other hand, what you have in Belgium is a population that definitely couldn't be described as a 'proud' people. I think we've perhaps gone a bit too far in the other direction. I think we could use a little more pride. A Prime Minister admitting to not knowing our anthem should've at least been somewhat of a scandal, but it was just treated as expected and business as usual.
Our national holiday generally looks like any other day. You might see a flag here and there but only rarely. Where I live, I wouldn't be able to tell from my local environment that there's a national holiday.

When our national football team plays a big international match however (Worldcup etc), suddenly you see many many more flags than the last 10 national holidays combined.

Last edited:
this from the same dude who gotta hear the facts of why a supervisor using that N bomb with a black before he can decide if it creates a hostile environment

of all the hoop jumping

The question of whether it creates a hostile work environment is different from whether it creates a hostile and abusive work environment, as a matter of law, under Title VII.

No one is disputing that use of the word is egregious and outrageous. And no one is disputing that it certainly is hostile. The narrow legal question isn’t as simple because of the applicable legal standard.

The question of whether it creates a hostile work environment is different from whether it creates a hostile and abusive work environment, as a matter of law, under Title VII.

No one is disputing that use of the word is egregious and outrageous. And no one is disputing that it certainly is hostile. The narrow legal question isn’t as simple because of the applicable legal standard.

so you still looking for excuses, you sounding SUPER black right now

Back
Top Bottom