***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This *****

if I.C. E. Cube is known for anything, it's being productive. His most famous movie is him and Chris Tucker getting high all day. His most well known song, details him having a good day filled with productivity such as smashing a side chick, driving around the neighborhood aimlessly, and playing basketball. And he runs a sports league where he signs old washed up NBA playera. So clearly, using his time to the fullest is a priority for Cube.

People are doing THIS to Hot Wheels cars....is nothing sacred anymore? :lol: :smh:
C7DE935D-61EA-45DC-BDEB-A658D6CA81BD.jpeg

4443E559-0762-4164-974E-8AFC67CC3DC6.png

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

So you're telling me Glenn Greenwald ended his career at the publication he co-founded...over not being allowed to peddle fake news from a fake man?

AmpleDapperDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

They might’ve miscalculated.

It’s hilarious :lol:. Also funny how he goes right to Tucker Carlson tonight.

75CF615B-9B97-42C1-8831-37371A23EF2F.jpeg

This is their play:

The Trump campaign, working with Rogan/Greenwald/Taibbi etc....to boost Glenn on Rogan pod, after having Kanye/Alex Jones on back to back...to steer that particular audience to Fox News and use Glenn’s fading credibility to try to sway disaffected, low information voters to this ******** disinformation is a desperate play that we all see thru.

All of them are desperate at this point. Trying anything. It’ll just be easier for Glenn and then to admit they are alt-right/trump supporters. But they lose the facade of being “independent” if they give that up.

Meant to post this earlier, but this was an interesting take on the right's insistence on going after AOC.

This is 1000% part of it. It’s some weird incel culture ****, going on with republican men and her. And on the flip side...Republican woman are jealous of her agency, youth, and spirit.

She’s everything they wish they could be around, be friends with, be in a relationship with etc. But I’m real life, they’d have zero shot. A lot of it stems from that.

I’d say it’s more like a name they can’t pronounce, skin not white enough, a woman, and the fact that she’s more articulate and smarter than them.

I think it does have something to do with a fear of her "otherness", and the fact that she occupies a space that historically is hostile to women of color. Then, there's the class angle too. While white folks get praised for becoming politicians from "humble" beginnings, people of color (and namely women of color) get shamed for it. But the absurdity of the critique is that she is shamed for being a bartender all while being shamed for the photoshoot, like she belongs to the elite class. It's quintessential conservative ridiculousness. "My enemy is both strong and incredibly weak".

Tressie brings up a great point that sees her beauty as something they acknowledge they cannot control, or control themselves from admitting to, so it adds to their outrage just as much as her intelligence does. wavycrocket wavycrocket nailed it with the comment about the incels too. That subculture is insane, and judging by her tweet about the FBI sending her notice of the death threats against her....America is gonna have to admit these incels are a problem and figure out a plan to deal with them just as much as they have to deal with y'all-Qaeda

This is 1000% part of it. It’s some weird incel culture ****, going on with republican men and her. And on the flip side...Republican woman are jealous of her agency, youth, and spirit.

She’s everything they wish they could be around, be friends with, be in a relationship with etc. But I’m real life, they’d have zero shot. A lot of it stems from that.

Besides checking off all of their hate marks, Fox News has been on AOC since she pulled off the upset against Joe Crowley in her primary two years ago and they haven't stopped since.

At one point, she was mentioned over 3,000 times over a six-week period.

Ironically, Fox News constantly mentioning her has only created a Streisand Effect around her.

AOC is now the visible Democratic official right now after Nancy Pelosi and maybe Chuck Schumer.

more and more this is becoming the battle of “me vs we”. This “the left hates black capitalists” argumentis a strawman if I ever saw one. I understand the principle. Capitalism is there for people who can take advantage of it. But what do those numbers look like? What do those numbers look like for black people? The vast majority of people don’t and won’t find success in the frame work to the extent of the lil Wayne’s or the ice cubes within the current economic frame work. Creating a system that caters towards them will just continue the status quo. Meanwhile regular black peoples have to compete with their white counterparts that have a 200 year plus wealth gap, underfunded schools, and the criminal justice still ravaging the neighborhoods. Capitalism doesn’t fix that. Lil Wayne isn’t a black capitalist, he’s a black man participating in white capitalism.

I feel lied to. That is not an important read. Its conjecture.

He would have had just as little empathy regaurdless of who was most impacted. But a disease of ANY kind is going to disproportionately affect blacks and minorities because money....

Yeah that wasn't an important read. Just another example of POC being viewed as expendable to white people.

Back
Top Bottom