***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Biden acknowledged he made a mistake, you to my knowledge have never acknowledged supporting racist policy and pedos.

Not sure Biden really acknowledged the mistakes of the crime bill. I thought it was more of explaining why it wasn’t all bad and showing others supported it at the time.

That said, here goes:

I made a mistake supporting Trump, obviously.

Now he’s lost.

Next topic.

1495149154105.gif

Trump winning Texas should've been a positive omen because anytime they label anything as "America's _____" they underachieve

BBC just had some white lady from Nevada on who literally hit every right wing voter fraud/stolen election, Biden family and COVID-19 conspiracy theory in 3 minutes :lol:. Not sure why the hell they had her on. She was saying that the USPS is bankrupt and incompetent and can’t be trusted to have delivered all of these mail in ballot so there must’ve been fraud.

Barr needs to charge them first AND they need to be convicted
I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure Trump pre-emptively pardoned Joe Arpaio of criminal contempt before he was subsequently convicted.
The clear counterargument here that seems to invalidate your statement is Ford's pardon of Nixon. It was pre-emptive as Nixon was never prosecuted and was stated to fully cover him against prosecution.

Again, I'm no lawyer nor American but the pardon power seems pretty obsolute. Even if a crime is committed by the issuing of a pardon (obstruction), the pardon can't be invalidated. The only serious legal question about the pardon power seems to be whether the president can pardon himself. It's certainly something Trump has thought about.

Last edited:
Why was it a mistake supporting Trump? Because he lost?

Because his dangerous rhetoric and subsequent division to potential positive legislation ratio did not work out in a way that was worth it in the end.

It was a mistake on my part valuing potential legislation over the bad of the administration. I did, repeatedly, call out the bad but continued to support the administration in the name of potential legislation.

But he’s lost now.

So flipping the senate so Biden can get the important legislation passed is the new objective.

Back
Top Bottom