***Official Political Discussion Thread***

On a serious note look at the astronomical work that has to be done to get just a damn 50/50 split. I’m glad the work is being done but it should not have to take THIS much to unseat that circus of a Republican Party. Shows how much things like the electoral college and the senate structurally tilts to them

Hope this last Trump Rally is a mass suicide. Save America by leaving it
1609937040034.gif

I read that it’s not possible to pack the Supreme Court with just 50/50. Is that right and can someone explain why?

At least it means a fair hearing for any more justices.

I read that it’s not possible to pack the Supreme Court with just 50/50. Is that right and can someone explain why?

In short, a Senator like Joe Manchin represents a red state and has already vowed that he won’t support getting rid of the filibuster. He also came out against court packing so that’s already dead on arrival. Democrats needed to gain more seats in order to make that a reality.

What we have now is 50 democratic & 50 republican senators, with the Vice President effectively the “51st” senator, giving the dems a majority.

But all democrats don’t align on every single issue, often Democrats in red states. So all of them are not going to support every single thing in unison, which means some things will not be able to get through, packing the courts is one of them.

Still a W, still significantly better than the last several years.

Bro I see that ad every time I’m on here. I don’t even know what they’re selling. What’s the purpose? :lol:
I've no clue :lol: . It seems like a misleading ad, one time I clicked on it, and it had a long story about a different topic or something. One of those click here to see more and more stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wished we knew as a people how much power we really have to shift things for ourselves.

these last 2 years have shown me that folks are seeing the light. particularly these last two elections. the upcoming generation is politically active even as young as 12-13.

we waking up as a whole. these mf are in trouble.

proud to be an American today. we built this and we will fix this.

Back
Top Bottom