***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Few, if any, of the people, in the Capitol today, are “rednecks.” Most if the people there are people who went to college and work cushy white collar jobs and/or own capital. To the untrained eye they might appear to be rednecks but they just cosplay as rednecks in their $70k pickup trucks, with their bland corporate country music playlists, and their jars of moonshine they bought at BevMo.

This isn't to say that some members of the white, rural proletariat don’t share the views of the people in the Capitol. Some of them do (and some very much do not and many are apolitical) but the real seat of fascism and reactionary politics is in the suburbs and exoburbs. The people who fight hard against racial and gender and economic equality are largely drawn from society’s winners not its losers.

6BC2B9CA-2DC2-41EE-A472-B7DE076571BF.jpeg

My mans look lost
Always one. Alwaaaays one.

You want to shift me saying “I supported” Trump to me saying “I voted for Trump.” I openly supported him and I also openly stopped supporting him. I also supported President Obama for 8 years.

It’s getting to the point where it seems like the thread prefers a villain to a redemption story.

I supported and contributed to the Dems flipping the Senate. I’m happy they did so. Trump lost. These actions are outrageous.

There’s no disagreement here.

No more than a two months ago you were in here telling people not to vote because it will be the best way to have their voices heard.

Four months ago you were telling people were need term limits on welfare so poor people can be empowered

pretty much every single day up until the election you came in here defending racist *** comments from trump with some both sides ******** and the constant tired argument of the crime bill.

You are the same ****** scumbag you have always been, the only difference is the guy you voted for TWICE lost. That's literally all that's changed. You don't give a **** about anything other than your own pockets. You would be just as well off storming the capitol with the rest of those MAGA pricks seeing as you defended **** like that for four years.

As you like to frequently put it, this doesn't just wash off.

Few, if any, of the people, in the Capitol today, are “rednecks.” Most if the people there are people who went to college and work cushy white collar jobs and/or own capital. To the untrained eye they might appear to be rednecks but they just cosplay as rednecks in their $70k pickup trucks, with their bland corporate country music playlists, and their jars of moonshine they bought at BevMo.

This isn't to say that some members of the white, rural proletariat don’t share the views of the people in the Capitol. Some of them do (and some very much do not and many are apolitical) but the real seat of fascism and reactionary politics is in the suburbs and exoburbs. The people who fight hard against racial and gender and economic equality are largely drawn from society’s winners not its losers.

yep in the relatively wealthy part of NY, Long Island, there’d be large obnoxious trump tailgates leading up to the election for example. And even as a medical student I’ve been advised to get used to Fox News being on in doctor’s offices and to keep my progressive views to myself.

there are people who consciously or subconsciously know they’ve benefitted from the rigging of the game and want to preserve it.

Whoever supported Trump from the get go was utterly blind and brainwashed.

Everything was so clear, from him winning to ending it all without a scent of decency.

He was even worse on the campaing trail in 2016, a sane person shouldn't have fallen for that.
Ahhhhhhhhh.... a few of them, some of them, maybe not all of them, but most, followed Trump willingly, with their eyes wide open, grinning ear to ear.

You want to shift me saying “I supported” Trump to me saying “I voted for Trump.” I openly supported him and I also openly stopped supporting him. I also supported President Obama for 8 years.

It’s getting to the point where it seems like the thread prefers a villain to a redemption story.

I supported and contributed to the Dems flipping the Senate. I’m happy they did so. Trump lost. These actions are outrageous.

There’s no disagreement here.
Maybe you should spend some time and ask yourself why you couldn't see what most people here could. Switching stances so fast is not that convincing.

No more than a two months ago you were in here telling people not to vote because it will be the best way to have their voices heard.

Four months ago you were telling people were need term limits on welfare so poor people can be empowered

pretty much every single day up until the election you came in here defending racist *** comments from trump with some both sides bull**** and the constant tired argument of the crime bill.

You are the same ****ty scumbag you have always been, the only difference is the guy you voted for TWICE lost. That's literally all that's changed. You don't give a **** about anything other than your own pockets. You would be just as well off storming the capitol with the rest of those MAGA pricks seeing as you defended **** like that for four years.

As you like to frequently put it, this doesn't just wash off.

I’m sure you can’t find the posts where I said any of that. You just legit made up things. I never told anyone not to vote. I didn’t say welfare limits empower people. I constantly called out outrageous things posted by Trump. You, and others, said I didn’t say enough... now I defended it.

Anyway, I’m not going to re-litigate it.

Back
Top Bottom