***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Forgive my ignorance because I don’t keep up with this stuff but what’s the rush to impeachment about? It’s over. He’s out in like a week so what’s the point?
A successful impeachment (in the sense of removal by conviction, technically a separate process) can also be accompanied by a vote to permanently bar the individual from holding federal office again. That vote only requires a simple majority so banning Trump from ever running again is pretty much guaranteed if they get a conviction. That second vote explicitly requires a conviction by the Senate first, it's not something they can do without impeachment.

DhpNTsHMJOyNU45Dik0lkjkJjORnIYJ_eChKm3zFmVc.jpg

2024? he’d be almost 80 years old:lol:
He is 74

If he ran and won in 2024, he would be the same age Biden is right now. And remember, Biden is younger than Bernie.

So I don't think age would stop him unless he has some sort of medical decline or episode in the next few years.

It can ban him from running for office again (rumor is his wants to run in 2024),

There has to be a conviction first. Banning him only requires a simple Senate majority, but conviction requires 2/3rds of the senate. Good luck finding 17 GOP senators to go along with that.

He is 74

If he ran and won in 2024, he would be the same age Biden is right now. And remember, Biden is younger than Bernie.

So I don't think age would stop him unless he has some sort of medical decline or episode in the next few years.

They need to put a cap on that ****. President should have to be 45-65. Biden’s gonna croak and has mash potato brains we all know Kamala will be taking the reigns. I predict year 2.

Back
Top Bottom