***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It's not so much a reflection of his brilliance as it is a reflection of the country as a whole right now...IMO

Yup. I'm not upset that Trump won, as he won it fairly. I'm upset at the fact that most Americans think the way he does, which is why I'm done with this @#$@. He's the candidate they wanted and deserved. And yes, I knew these undercover racist hicks were prevalent in our society, but I was stupid to think it was 51:49 civilized to inbred hick ratio when it's more like 25:75

Last edited:

It's not so much a reflection of his brilliance as it is a reflection of the country as a whole right now...IMO
Yup. I'm not upset that Trump won, as he won it fairly. I'm upset at the fact that most Americans think the way he does, which is why I'm done with this @#$@. He's the candidate they wanted and deserved
Seems racism and Xenophobia is rampant in every first world country now though.

I mean Hillary still got the majority vote and urban centers still voted for her. I'd think any other country in Europe, Oceania, etc. would mirror these same sentiments.

Seems what's required isn't to get people to NOT vote for someone, even if that person is the worst, but it's about how many voters you yourself can get enthused and mobilize to the polling stations.

The lesser of 2 evils thing didn't cut it here.

They won't come back. Even if they did, it won't be like before. Manufacturing in the US is very capital intensive now, not labor intensive. Plus these jobs where so great because of Unions.

So a manufacturing job may come back, but it might only pay $15 with not benefits.

Trump finessed these folk
That was my point. He sold it very well. Marketing genius. The brilliance of Donald Trump should not be underestimated and I'm not even a Trump fan. 
His campaign was smart. It really was like reality tv strategies applied to politics. He was the headline at every juncture of every race he was in, whether it was good or bad. The race was always about him. Then if it was bad, he had a way of talking about it that it didn't stick, and I think that had a lot to do with the fact that Hilary had so much dirt on her face as well. It's like, "he talked about grabbing women's vaginas but Hillary voted for the decision that got hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people killed." "He imitated the disabled journalist but Shillary is being funded by the same companies that fund ISIS."

Last edited:
I need brehs to give me a list of News Outlets,financial sites, and blogs to keep up with. Anything is appreciated. I want to see both sides as well as objective analysis.

Seems what's required isn't to get people to NOT vote for someone, even if that person is the worst, but it's about how many voters you yourself can get enthused and mobilize to the polling stations.

The lesser of 2 evils thing didn't cut it here.

If only the Dems had some sort of organic,grassroots movement on their side at one point gaining momentum to counteract the rising red tide...oh :smh:

Bibi Netanyahu is ecstatic about the Trump W...he know's that his life's goal of annihilating Iran just got that much closer to fruition :smh:

Last edited:
Dude, a revolution is not coming.

What we need is gradual constant progress. Voting for Obama twice was not the answer. It was also voting in midterms, and local elections constantly.

Obama lost most of his political power with one year. All this "he did for them, but not us" is a just not true."

It seems way too many people in your community learned the wrong lessons from the Obama years.

They just showed us all that "progress" talk is BS man. If there was ever any progress Trump wouldn't have been taken serious from the jump. His father was in the KKK. He himself has shown his racism for decades and this country accepts it. This is the country we live in. Voting ain't changing that.

Last edited:
- Obamacare is done. 23 million people will haev no health insurance.

- Financial markets complete deregulated again.

- gutting of the social safety net (Paul Ryans life mission in life is basically to repeal the new deal)

- Massive deficit exploding tax cuts for rich people.

- No criminal justice reform

- A justice department headed by RUDY GULIANI. :x

- Possible repeal of Roe V Wade.

- Reneging on NATO commitments, letting Russia take over eastern Europe, the return of the cold war. distablaization of western democracy.

- an emboldened FBI and institution that has historically been an enemy of civil liberties and progressiveism in general. (remember they pushed for this to happen. Why you think?)

- further destruction of the voting rights act, more voter suppression.

- a justice department that won't protect black and brown people

- massive destructive and almost certainly violent deportation force

- more spying by the NSA, less trancperency,

- more aggressive libel laws to deter densest, weaken free media and protect rich public figures.

- if there is an increase in race related hate crimes do you think Rudy Guliani's justice department will help you?

I could go on.

I hate when dudes be like "Yall boys need to chill, Trump ain't gone do ****" :rolleyes

Yup. I'm not upset that Trump won, as he won it fairly. I'm upset at the fact that most Americans think the way he does, which is why I'm done with this @#$@. He's the candidate they wanted and deserved. And yes, I knew these undercover racist hicks were prevalent in our society, but I was stupid to think it was 51:49 civilized to inbred hick ratio when it's more like 25:75
+1

Dude won it fair and square.  Can't even be mad at that.

But I really don't feel like I belong here.  White America, and not just country *** folks, spoke LOUD and CLEAR about how they feel about those that are different.  I'm completely disheartened by what I saw last night from my fellow Americans.  I've never been the "rah-rah, America is so awesome" type of dude b/c I'm not blind and can see the flaws we have here.  But I had hope that we were progressing slowly but surely towards something better.  I no longer feel that way.  This country is for white men--always has been and likely always will be.  That's a sad reality.  

The ramifications of this are gonna be long lasting

Already seeing a lot of stuff like this

@KING5Seattle:
NOW: Thousands of students at Berkeley High School in CA walked out of class with their teachers, to say that he is not their president.

If folks thought Obama's America was already divided...

Last edited:
America did NOT speak loud and clear. Hillary got more votes than Trump.

We all ******* know that if the roles were switched and Hillary won the electoral while Trump won the popular vote, he would be clamoring today about how he is the rightful president.

But we don't do that because we respect our institutions, unlike Donald Drumpf, **** him to hell.

Still, we all reserve the right, especially if we voted for Hillary, to say that he is not America's choice.

**** him. seriously, what a nasty piece of ****. **** him.

The ramifications of this are gonna be long lasting

Already seeing a lot of stuff like this
@KING5Seattle:
NOW: Thousands of students at Berkeley High School in CA walked out of class with their teachers, to say that he is not their president.
If folks thought Obama's America was already divided...
Oh boy.

Teachers too.

Man.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom