***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It makes me feel great to see Trump cultist crybabies whining about the Kavanaugh nomination

Still not sure what to think about the man himself

It makes me feel great to see Trump cultist crybabies whining about the Kavanaugh nomination

Still not sure what to think about the man himself

One of the things to note is that he very strategically noted he had mostly female clerks, spent a lot of time talking about his mom (moreso than his dad), special daughter shoutout. I thought I was tripping until Cuomo pointed it out later :lol: . That speech as definitely contrived.

Side note - legal money is crazy money. I know one of his clerks (this is her second clerkship) and since Kavanaugh made it to the Supreme Court, by going to a big law firms they will get a $350k bonus for that year of clerking instead of the $50k they would have gotten otherwise mainly due to the connections. It’s not what you know bruhs - it’s who you know.

My example had nothing to do with tax policy and everything to do with a simplified math example ... I'm glad you spent a significant amount of time arguing a point I didn't reference nor attempted to make lol ... It was simple math for people to grasp a simple concept ...

And if you want to compare degrees, let me know, champ ...
I really don't give a **** what degrees you hold, I doubt you care about mine either, I just wish whatever education you have that you would start using it instead of routinely making asinine points.

Run along now. You wanted to be condescending and smug, but it backfired.

Go relax by listening to some Richard Spencer speeches, or by watching a David Duke documentary, and try again tomorrow.

Be Best

The other one, Peter Strzok, is set to testify publicly on Thursday.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6cb43e3f306_story.html?utm_term=.e1679605d975
House Judiciary Committee subpoenas FBI lawyer who sent anti-Trump texts
The House Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed former FBI lawyer Lisa Page to answer questions in a private deposition Wednesday, where she will likely be asked about her now infamous anti-Trump texts and related topics, a person familiar with the matter said.

Page, who once played a key role in the high-profile investigations of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and of Russian interference in the 2016 election, has become a target of the president’s criticism in recent days for the texts she exchanged with FBI agent Peter Strzok, who also worked on both cases.

The Justice Department inspector general concluded that the two, who were having an affair, showed “willingness to take official action” to hurt Donald Trump’s chances of becoming president.

Trump has highlighted their romantic relationship as he has criticized the investigation into whether his campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the election. That probe is being led by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

“Public opinion has turned strongly against the Rigged Witch Hunt and the ‘Special’ Counsel because the public understands that there was no Collusion with Russia (so ridiculous), that the two FBI lovers were a fraud against our Nation & that the only Collusion was with the Dems!” Trump wrote in a weekend tweet.

It was not immediately clear whether Page would honor the subpoena, first reported by the Associated Press, and appear before the committee Wednesday. Amy Jeffress, Page’s lawyer, said in a statement that they had been working to arrange Page’s “voluntary appearance,” and “asked the Committee staff to explain the scope of the investigation and provide sufficient notice that would allow her to prepare, which are normal conditions for congressional committees, but these committees have not followed the normal process.”

Jeffress also said the FBI had not yet provided Page, who left the FBI after her anti-Trump texts became public, with notes and other documents that might help her prepare, so they were “still waiting to work out a reasonable date for her interview.”

“Lisa has cooperated voluntarily with another congressional committee that had no objection to explaining the scope of its investigation or providing sufficient notice for her interview,” Jeffress said. “Lisa also cooperated fully with the OIG [the Office of Inspector General] investigation and appeared voluntarily for multiple interviews, including after she left the FBI.”

A spokeswoman for the Republicans on the panel did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

Strzok is scheduled to testify publicly before the committee Thursday in a hearing that did not hit the calendar without drama. Strzok first testified privately, and his lawyer alleged that Republicans selectively leaked and mischaracterized his words to make political points.

“More than anyone, Special Agent Strzok wants to testify publicly and attempt to have the unfiltered truth be heard,” Aitan Goelman, Strzok’s attorney, said last week. “Members of Congress have made this as difficult as possible — first demanding a secretive hearing and then selectively leaking and misrepresenting his words — but Pete will continue to play by the rules and act with integrity.”

One of the things to note is that he very strategically noted he had mostly female clerks, spent a lot of time talking about his mom (moreso than his dad), special daughter shoutout. I thought I was tripping until Cuomo pointed it out later :lol: . That speech as definitely contrived.

Side note - legal money is crazy money. I know one of his clerks (this is her second clerkship) and since Kavanaugh made it to the Supreme Court, by going to a big law firms they will get a $350k bonus for that year of clerking instead of the $50k they would have gotten otherwise mainly due to the connections. It’s not what you know bruhs - it’s who you know.

And before any of that he went out of his way to randomly point out that his mom taught at two predominantly African-American schools like it warranted a cookie.

My SWS senses were immediately on alert.

As a I said in my previous post on this thread, don’t feed the trolls.

The thought of criminalizing abortion just represents a society moving backwards. This is insane. How’d we get to this point

Actually, I have a Masters in Economics with a focus in econometrics. So I'm good there.

But maybe you should take an accounting, economics, or business stats class at your community college, really anything that will inform you that in America we have progressive tax rates.

Here you go.....

https://files.taxfoundation.org/20180207142513/TaxFoundation-FF567-Updated.pdf

So if the top marginal rate for a millionaire is cut in half for both the 100k earner and the million dollar earner, given the same percentage of their income falls in that bracket, the millionaire gets a disproportionately larger tax cut. Even if you wanted to cut their effective rates in half, the millionaire would have to get a bigger tax cut.

So your ignorance of US tax policy makes your struggle Math example pointless.

So if in your delusions you are the 100k earner, you just admitted that you give people way richer than you a larger tax break just so you can get a lil more change back. I mean that is kinda silly because you could just support a millionaire tax, public options that reduce other parts of your budget, wage insurance to keep you at your standard of living if a recession comes, strengthen the economy, and still pay roughly the same.

I'm sorry, but us libbies are educated, employed, successful, willing to help the other man, and know basic tax accounting, we just can't related to this broke boy way of thinking that many conservatives have.

Nice try though.
1249287503_ice_cube.gif

METH

One of the things to note is that he very strategically noted he had mostly female clerks, spent a lot of time talking about his mom (moreso than his dad), special daughter shoutout. I thought I was tripping until Cuomo pointed it out later :lol: . That speech
I cant say i know enough about kavanaugh to gather an opinion, but with this administration itd be silly to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ima give it a week of news cycle to see what journalists dig up lol

My example had nothing to do with tax policy and everything to do with a simplified math example ... I'm glad you spent a significant amount of time arguing a point I didn't reference nor attempted to make lol ... It was simple math for people to grasp a simple concept ...

And if you want to compare degrees, let me know, champ ...
Show us your degrees.

Heres a hint, this is where you leave for a week again....

Last edited:
You all have to seriously consider taking a class in statistics and begin checking your sources / stats ... Be careful when someone quotes gross benefit as means to make a point ...

If I make a million dollars and get taxed 20%, I give back 200k ... If all tax rates get cut in half, I save 100k ...

The same is true for someone making 100k a year ... Taxes fo from 20k to 10k ... On a percentage basis, the reduction is equivalent, but the millionaire "saved" 100k and the peon making 100k only "saved" 10k ...

My response ... so what ...
This is like when Donald Trump talks about some obvious fact like it's some huge secret.

Correct me if I’m wrong, my engineering degree hasn’t prepared me to effectively understand simple math. Can someone who isn’t a leftist libbie explain to me how this trade war is a good thing for working class America??

What an honorable man to select ... He is a straight shooter ... I just finished reading a few of his key decisions ... He is center-right but not outside the context of law ... In other words, if you find a legal angle, he has no issue with finding for you ...

I wouldn't call him a wild card, but he is definitely not going to venture outside of the law, right or left ...

Back
Top Bottom