***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Bringing Back a Classic

giphy-17.gif

michael-irvin-laugh.gif

As far as I know, sealed just mean that nobody can view the court filing?
Wouldn’t a gag order be required to prevent Trump from disclosing details from the warrant he was served?

Not sure if serious.

The warrant was sealed so the contents wouldn’t be known to the public. Someone disclosing the details would completely defeat the purpose of the sealed search warrant.

Not sure if serious.

The warrant was sealed so the contents wouldn’t be known to the public. Someone disclosing the details would completely defeat the purpose of the sealed search warrant.
Former acting solicitor general under Obama and Georgetown law professor seems to think he can post so I default to trusting him.

Swallwell was a deputy DA so I assume he knows his ****.

The sealing of the affidavit does not prevent the accused from getting a copy of the affidavit. The attorney for the accused can get a copy from the judges clerk. The public, which usually means the press, is prevented from getting a copy.

The sealing of the affidavit does not prevent the accused from getting a copy of the affidavit. The attorney for the accused can get a copy from the judges clerk. The public, which usually means the press, is prevented from getting a copy.

And you’re saying it should be obtained by an officer of the court and then released to the public…

That’s remarkably ridiculous.

This dude literally said that trump couldn't release it. (Which is a bs lie)
Then he changes the original point of the discussion by acting as if anyone was arguing whether trumps lawyers should advise him to release it or that his lawyers should release it themselves. :lol:
We all owe RustyShackleford RustyShackleford an apology. He tells us daily that delk is not a serious poster and is full of ****.

dwalk31 dwalk31 what are your thoughts on this guy saying trump can show the warrant as well as the inventory list of stuff the feds took. he seems to be qualified.

5C466046-A46C-43A9-B7D7-704C9E67C69E.jpeg

I guess the confusion is possible vs. advisable.

Court documents are sealed to keep the information from the public. Releasing the information…to the public…completely defeats the purpose of the documents being sealed.

I doubt Neal would seriously advise any of his clients to do that. Simply saying something is possible doesn’t move the needle much. There are a lot of things that are possible.

Then he changes the original point of the discussion by acting as if anyone was arguing whether trumps lawyers should advise him to release it or that his lawyers should release it themselves. :lol:
We all owe RustyShackleford RustyShackleford an apology. He tells us daily that delk is not a serious poster and is full of ****.

You’re right I guess.

I assumed everyone knew can’t means should not for legal reasons. Obviously people can do most anything and face consequences.

And you’re saying it should be obtained by an officer of the court and then released to the public…

That’s remarkably ridiculous.
I'm not saying he should, I'm saying he can. There's nothing preventing him from doing it.

You’re right I guess.

I assumed everyone knew can’t means should not for legal reasons. Obviously people can do most anything and face consequences.
He wouldn't face any consequences. He can do it if he wants. It's his warrant. It's only sealed to block it from the public/media.

You’re right man, I didn’t know he was physically capable of doing something ridiculous and ill-advised.

My bad.
You didn't say it would be ill-advised, you said he couldn't. He can, without any consequences. Would it make sense for him? Probably not. But he can. You said he can't, as in he legally can't bc it's sealed. It's sealed to protect him. He legally can release it if he wants. Just admit you were wrong.

I agree with a lot of what you said but the warrant is sealed from what I understand, so he can’t release it.

You didn't say it would be ill-advised, you said he couldn't. He can, without any consequences. Would it make sense for him? Probably not. But he can. You said he can't, as in he legally can't bc it's sealed. It's sealed to protect him. He legally can release it if he wants. Just admit you were wrong.

I’ve admitted I was wrong and you were right like three times.

Releasing sealed documents to the public is absolutely something people can physically do.

Not sure what I was thinking. Glad you were here to clear it up for everyone.

That man spent years of his life supporting and defending that man

Still can’t call him a racist or criminal

AND spent years defending pedos (word to aepps20 aepps20 )

I blame anyone who don’t know at this point

But that’s why it’s important to never let people forget.. ain’t like them years was that long ago and he only supposedly jumped shipped after dude caught another public L

Back
Top Bottom