***Official Political Discussion Thread***

lackin

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/24/4by3/2023/08/18/24b47d7e376f4814bc8dbba7bf59a359_md.jpg

https://imagez.tmz.com/image/ff/4by3/2023/08/18/ff3dace36fe34935b38f74564aaacb6b_md.jpg

Kid Rock is woke now!

i dont disagree. he nonchalantly talks about raising the voting age arbitrability like it wouldnt strip away constitutionally protected rights for millions of people and folks sit back and say "that makes sense" cause he said it eloquently.
I don't know what it is about second generation Americans from dictatorships/politically tumultuous countries who can't wait to make the same BS happen here.

See?

I'm so tired of it... Its very clear these people don't understand how dictators legally remain in power for decades when the constitution of their countries has presidential term limits. In fact, I'd argue that a lot of them don't even understand how the political system of their country of origin is supposed to work in the first place. That's why these ignoramuses can overlook the gravity of Trump vocalizing the desire to remain in power and his ability to enlist like-minded congresspeople and senators to achieve that goal.

Gaming the political system to remain in power, unilateral decision-making, and state-sanctioned violence against dissenters are the hallmarks of a dictatorship, not facing justice for actions that they've committed.

Rent's already crazy out here and they want to make it worse :smh: Capitalism is pure evil. I'll never understand valuing profit over people in a society.

I had all incentive to raise my tenant's rent. I didn't because she can't afford it and I'd rather her stay somewhere she can than have to worry about finding somewhere new because I'm greedy. But that doesn't make me a saint. It's the goddamn least I can do as someone that claims to be interested in providing housing. I feel bad charging rent at all...

Rent's already crazy out here and they want to make it worse :smh: Capitalism is pure evil. I'll never understand valuing profit over people in a society.

I had all incentive to raise my tenant's rent. I didn't because she can't afford it and I'd rather her stay somewhere she can than have to worry about finding somewhere new because I'm greedy. But that doesn't make me a saint. It's the goddamn least I can do as someone that claims to be interested in providing housing. I feel bad charging rent at all...

My mom is the same way. She rather leave rates unchanged to keep good tenants. Now she’s no saint she does charge relatively high rent due to location of her properties. But she’s not gouging people either.

Rent control dereg is BS mostly because those house are mostly paid off anyway. So they are seeing pure profit as it.

Is it though? The market (supply/demand) determines rent prices. Want lower rent? Build more housing. Artificially stabilizing rents will just tie up apartments with lower rent (decreasing supply) and therefore increase rents for vacant units. Not to mention landlords can’t maintain properties when maintence/capex costs keep rising, which leads to deferred maintenance and poor living conditions. Obviously, if you can afford it keep rents low and tenants will stay but artificially controlling rents without taking into account increasing costs is a net negative for rent prices

Is it though? The market (supply/demand) determines rent prices. Want lower rent? Build more housing. Artificially stabilizing rents will just tie up apartments with lower rent (decreasing supply) and therefore increase rents for vacant units. Not to mention landlords can’t maintain properties when maintence/capex costs keep rising, which leads to deferred maintenance and poor living conditions. Obviously, if you can afford it keep rents low and tenants will stay but artificially controlling rents without taking into account increasing costs is a net negative for rent prices
More housing does need to be built but it's never as simple as "supply & demand" for something necessary to life. It doesn't matter how much insulin Eli Lilly produces, they can raise prices as much as they like without regulations keeping them in check because it's either you have this or you die.

Also, I'm a landlord, I don't need the costs of ownership explained to me. If EYE can afford to consistently charge under market value for rent and still make a profit, these massive entities who have millions to throw at lobbying efforts can definitely afford to have a few rent stabilized units. THOUSANDS of which are purposefully kept empty because they can afford to be cruel. So they can definitely afford to be kind.

Minneapolis homelessness went up 63% this year. Trust me you want to do everything you can to decrease it. Not increase it.

You can nimby public housing/rent stabilized and then your *** is gonna have a homeless camp around the corner instead.
It’s always been interesting to me how ppl more worried about the “homeless problem” than how those folks became homeless…It’s a minor nuisance to most now but imagine when it’s even more folks the way things going and the wild thing is we can take steps to stop it but ain’t focusing on that :smh: …They vote against things to help prevent it

Something I've always found off is that Garland only just recently gave Weiss the status of Special Counsel.
Regardless of what anyone might think of Hunter Biden, I think the fact alone that he's the president's son should've been more than sufficient to appoint Weiss as Special Counsel from the start.

What’s included in the “economy” when they use that word anyways? It’s used to broadly. Like yeah there’s work for people but it’s not really nice out here unless you’re making good money.

Are they strictly referring to gdp?

Back
Top Bottom