***Official Political Discussion Thread***

IMG_6210.jpeg

Maybe this is why?

Ever heard of genocide?
bruh, yes but do you think americans care?
especially ones who have no connection to that side of the world
Compare our inflation to the rest of the developed world. We are doing significantly better by a factor of 2 or better.
okay but like i said do u really think anyone in america compares themselves to the world economy?
they just care that mcdonalds is now 10-15 bucks per person :lol:

bruh, yes but do you think americans care?
especially ones who have no connection to that side of the world

okay but like i said do u really think anyone in america compares themselves to the world economy?
they just care that mcdonalds is now 10-15 bucks per person :lol:

My daughter told me some of her friends are voting trump because they think they will get more stimmies. :lol:

What you said exactly, and yes half them will be voting age.

I disagree.

Trump has nothing to run on, this time around and he doesn't have the same appeal he had in 2016.
I think you and RustyShackleford RustyShackleford are both right.

I think the MAGA movement has fundamentally changed polling in both the accuracy of polling and the ability of polling to predict future outcomes. My thoughts are as follows.

1. Polling vs Actual Elections. Our side has been dominating in recent elections since Dobbs even when reproductive rights isn’t on the ballot. I look at the Wisconsin Supreme Court change that forced the Republican legislature to draw fair maps which will not only offset the NC gerrymandering but will drive people to the polls in November. The polls showed different outcomes each time only to be wrong based on our turnout.

2. Trump will win if our side stays home or votes third party . The choice is clear. I say this all of the time but if we don’t do our part fighting against lies and misinformation we will lose.

3. Trump today on paper appears to be in a stronger position from a polling perspective than Biden but I believe that when Biden 2024 apparatus gets going and we have two candidates then the polls will normalize or I suspect that the voting results will.

4. Trump’s Presidency was a complete and utter failure and disaster for this country. The biggest advantage he will not have this time around is he has a track record that he didn’t when he was just a fraud business man. People don’t like dealing in hypotheticals, they know how awful a second term will be. His cult thinks they will be spared but they will be the first victims.

5. I have complete confidence in the youth of this country. They understand the stakes and are in many ways smarter than the older folks.

6. Trump hasn’t increased his base and never will. This is good and bad. The bad is that no matter what he does he won’t lose support but the good news is that the election is in our hands to win.

7. Inflation is real and the price of goods are definitely more. Joe needs to come out swinging against corporate greed and corruption. There is nothing the President can do on that front but people need to see that he cares about the problem and points to the do nothing Republicans.

8. I think Biden walking the picket lines with the UAW and their endorsement will be HUGE. Biden needs to lean into that especially in Nevada where Reid’s union apparatus is still intact and can deliver that state.

9. Crazy clowns like Kari Lake are running in Arizona for the Senate. People in Arizona hate her guts and assuming 🤡 ema doesn’t run, Gallego will juice up the Latino vote which could result in a lot of Biden/Gallego votes.

trump gave ppl a stimmy and as silly as it sounds ppl gunna rememeber that
What was it again? A one-time check from the richest government on Earth, while other Western nations had emergency for their citizens?

Will they remember the 2017 tax cut bill that's gonna was temporary for anyone not wealthy?

Will those who travel remember having to explain Trump all the time if people found out where they're from?

Will people remember that Trump's decision to dismantle the team responsible to coordinate response to national emergencies played a role in our initial response to COVID?

Will people remember Trump's desire to use the National Guard in order to curtail the ability of people to protest?

I hope they remember that too.

What was it again? A one-time check from the richest government on Earth, while other Western nations had emergency for their citizens?

Will they remember the 2017 tax cut bill that's gonna was temporary for anyone not wealthy?

Will those who travel remember having to explain Trump all the time if people found out where they're from?

Will people remember that Trump's decision to dismantle the team responsible to coordinate response to national emergencies played a role in our initial response to COVID?

Will people remember Trump's desire to use the National Guard in order to curtail the ability of people to protest?

I hope they remember that too.
Will people remember that 675K Americans died during the pandemic because of his ineptitude?

Will clowns remember that Republicans didn’t want the Stimmies and it was Democrats that sent them in the first place?

Will people remember that states had to get masks and other protective equipment from other countries because Trump was hoarding the national supply? He even had the national guard steal shipments Colorado and other states purchased.

Will clowns remember that we had the longest government shutdown in history because he wanted Americans to build the wall?

I had a Boomer at work tell me that they are voting for Trump (after voting for Biden previously) because her 401k went up more under Trump. She said she made a killing under trump in her 401k. But Biden didn't help her 401k...so ya know....single issue voter.

Conversations like these give me absolutely no hope. I can see Trump winning a second term. Don't for a second think stupidity won't some how win out here.

I had a Boomer at work tell me that they are voting for Trump (after voting for Biden previously) because her 401k went up more under Trump. She said she made a killing under trump in her 401k. But Biden didn't help her 401k...so ya know....single issue voter.

Conversations like these give me absolutely no hope. I can see Trump winning a second term. Don't for a second think stupidity won't some how win out here.

What a clown but thank you for trying. Stock Market has been going gang busters but ok. Some of these “voters” probably voted for Trump in 16 and 20.

I'm not super familiar with deferred compensation and all that, but isn't the stock market killing it right now?

Back
Top Bottom