***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Every single act of defiance of Congress that is not responded to with the maximum possible punishment is an admission that some people are above the law.

It's acts like these that are damaging the legitimacy of American institutions. It starts with former presidents, and clowns like this follow his example. Trump, conservative justices, and all their financial backers are normalizing the kind of corruption that we only see in countries with weak/undemocratic institutions.

As a black person, an immigrant and someone who has been lower middle class most of their life, that video reeks of privilege to me

There are consequences for Trump coming, ones that should not be downplayed.

People can choose to do whatever they want at the ballot box, and other people can have negative opinions about that

People need to grow the **** up

Last edited:
And the "punishment Democrats" thing is silly

A major defeat in November is not gonna "punish" the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party will continue as an institution. Trump will cause a major donation boost for the party

It sets the party up for major wins in 2026.

Biden is a rich old man, he will retire being a rich old man

The people who are gonna be punished are the Dems base. Which includes a ton of black and brown people

People just want the dopamine hit of getting one up on a member of the left coalition they dislike

Last edited:
Creating an environment that helps Trump win the presidency being equated to 'overthrowing the system' reeks of anti-blackness to me, in a way that I can't yet explain. The thought that 'maybe this will be good for us' reminds me of the bizarre delusion of white supremacist talking points of ode

The election will happen under the system we currently have.

Even if we had a more small d democratic system (which I agree with), that doesn't guarantee the outcomes people want.

The UK has a much better electoral system than the US. They are also big supporters of Israel

Barack Obama views on Israel and Bibi are looking better and better as the days go by, he was elected under the current system

People can try to cope with it however they like, but at some point, they need to face reality

we need to get through the next four years, hopefully Biden can do some good and not piss off the next generation of voters even more.

then maybe with a little luck we can get someone who isn't a senile war pig next.

These takes on Biden make me chuckle somewhat

Imagine if Biden did the opposite of every major foreign policy move he made:

-He doesn't support Israel at all, and calls for a ceasefire right away. (Bibi still bombs Gaza to hell anyway)

-He leaves Ukraine to get slaughtered by Russia

-He abandons the withdrawal, and we are still in Afghanistan

ukraine and Gaza is two different things

Israel is doing everything America claims they are against but they'll still sell them weapons.

These takes on Biden make me chuckle somewhat

Imagine if Biden did the opposite of every major foreign policy move he made:

-He doesn't support Israel at all, and calls for a ceasefire right away. (Bibi still bombs Gaza to hell anyway)

-He leaves Ukraine to get slaughtered by Russia

-He abandons the withdrawal, and we are still in Afghanistan

I'm still voting for Biden this fall, it's not close. Trump is not an option.

However I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have been ok with those first two bullet points. My views on foreign policy is extremely bias though so take that with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom