***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I have no problem with student protests. However if there are infiltrators in those groups who are trying to radicalize people or screaming death to this or death to that while waving a flag or Hamas then those people should be jailed.

I’m no sympathizers to how Israel has increased their foothold and taking over more of Palestinian land. But hamas is far from anything worth defending. They are just as bad and even worse in many cases.

This is turning into an ego battle between Bibi and Sinwar and neither care about more lives being lost.
This.

100% this. The dynamic between the two isn't different from what you'd see in Angola or in Sierra Leone during their own civil wars.

Big egos yielding power has never been good for the well-being of the peoples they supposedly advocate for. This why I don't believe in armed revolutions; the people who lead them tend to be highly ideological and/or self-interested. For every Jerry Rawlings, there are 100s of Charles Taylors.
Actually, Hamas helped keep his political career alive with their stupidity and terrorism
I often wonder what would have happened to Black South Africans if Mandela had seen the rising isolation of the Apartheid government, the peaceful protests in the West in favor of cutting ties with his oppressors, and had decided to keep going with the armed struggle and target civilians.

Hamas didn't need to do anything other than lean on the growing distaste for Israeli policies in the West (as exemplified by the BDS movement and Western politicians speaking up against the occupation of the WB) and on the anti-Bibi protests inside Israel.

It’s a bad look Democrats putting Trump in jail

1715045391946.png

The Democratic Party is not trying to put Trump in jail

Right now, Trump is risking get put in jail because he keeps violating a court ordered gag order

He is on trial because there is credible evidence he broke the law

I don't know why you just accept Trump's framing of the issue

Last edited:
The Democratic Party is not trying to put Trump in jail

Right now, Trump is risking get put in jail because he keeps violating a court order gag order

He is on trial because there is credible evidence he broke the law

I don't know why you just accept Trump's framing of the issue
people been accepting Republican lies as facts since the LBJ…..

So, you are okay with a 2-tier justice system? Because you damn well know if this was any normal person, they would already have been in jail the whole time and not been given umpteen chances.

It's so convenient for the "party of law" to totally ignore the rules of the court when it suits them.

I have no problem with student protests. However if there are infiltrators in those groups who are trying to radicalize people or screaming death to this or death to that while waving a flag or Hamas then those people should be jailed.

I’m no sympathizers to how Israel has increased their foothold and taking over more of Palestinian land. But hamas is far from anything worth defending. They are just as bad and even worse in many cases.

Out of curiosity, how is Hamas worse? There's no equivalency.

I see you just glossed over what I wrote. I’m not initiating this conversation with you. I seen all the responses and sources people are posting in the other thread. I’m good on that.

I see you just glossed over what I wrote. I’m not initiating this conversation with you. I seen all the responses and sources people are posting in the other thread. I’m good on that.

All good. I was curious how you were comparing a government and official military armed to the teeth and the occupier force that's backed by the biggest superpowers to Hamas.

No need to engage with me, though.

I am just always open to views that differ than mine and to understand because I really don't see the equivalency.

Please don't tell me you are about to defend Hamas.

Why that question? Is it very taboo out there in the U.S. to defend Hamas though?

It seems like to me they've gained more sympathizers these past 7 months.

No, but for real, I have friends with family in Gaza being slaughtered and having to choose who to evacuate and raise funds. Also watching my people get shredded to pieces in a genocide in live stream, so not sure what that question means.

I come from a family with grandparents and uncles that fought and got killed by Zionists and the British. Even my grandparents sisters helped resistance fighters to fight to protect our lands. So, ya, you can judge all you want.

Why that question? Is it very taboo out there in the U.S. to defend Hamas though?

It seems like to me they've gained more sympathizers these past 7 months.

No, but for real, I have friends with family in Gaza being slaughtered and having to choose who to evacuate and raise funds. Also watching my people get shredded to pieces in a genocide in live stream, so not sure what that question means.

I come from a family with grandparents and uncles that fought and got killed by Zionists and the British. Even my grandparents sisters helped resistance fighters to fight to protect our lands. So, ya, you can judge all you want.
Hamas is pieces of **** terrorist that care nothing about the Palestinian people.

Anyone with a brain would know that Bibi would respond like this after they killed hundreds of Israeli citizens. Yet they did it anyway. Seems like they are more concerned with appeasing Iran than the Palestinian people.

Hamas deserves no defending.

Using the lost of life, and suffering of innocent Palestinian as a shield to them just seems like nasty work to me.

Bibi is a genocidal racist lowlife. And Hamas is the moral equivalent

IMO, anyone that thinks Hamas deserves sympathy or defending is either delusional, dumb, or racist.

Back
Top Bottom