OFFICIAL Post your 2010 Tax Refund

I only worked a few months last year so my federal is like $900 and my state is $17 LOL!

Embarrassed to even put a $17 check in the bank.

I only worked a few months last year so my federal is like $900 and my state is $17 LOL!

Embarrassed to even put a $17 check in the bank.

Where yall file at? I did TurboTax.com and I only got $699.00 and I think they held like $5,000 from me last year.

Where yall file at? I did TurboTax.com and I only got $699.00 and I think they held like $5,000 from me last year.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

if you put in all your deductions and that's what the return was then that's what it was...you do understand that you are supposed to pay SOME taxes...what your getting back is the excess because you over paid -

turbo tax is pretty through when going through the basics and figuring out if you should take the standard or itemize...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

if you put in all your deductions and that's what the return was then that's what it was...you do understand that you are supposed to pay SOME taxes...what your getting back is the excess because you over paid -

turbo tax is pretty through when going through the basics and figuring out if you should take the standard or itemize...

Got back $1175, mostly due to paying off like $15K in student loans and recognizing some losses in my trading account...

Got back $1175, mostly due to paying off like $15K in student loans and recognizing some losses in my trading account...

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Regal Black wrote:

damn how yall getting thousand dollar refunds?
it means too much was withheld during the year.

it's not like you're getting a bonus... you're basically just getting back money that was yours to begin with.

This. I hate when people talk about that, like it's something to be proud of.

What they're really saying is that I gave an interest free loan to the government. Congrats suckers.

Regal Black wrote:

it's not like you're getting a bonus... you're basically just getting back money that was yours to begin with.

What they're really saying is that I gave an interest free loan to the government. Congrats suckers.

7100 fed
1500 state

Married, kids and own a house helps alot during tax time.

Seems like a lot but I still feel like I get raped. The percentage you pay with higher incomes is insane.

7100 fed
1500 state

Married, kids and own a house helps alot during tax time.

Seems like a lot but I still feel like I get raped. The percentage you pay with higher incomes is insane.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Regal Black wrote:

obama,barack_w.jpg.png

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Regal Black wrote:

obama,barack_w.jpg.png

ATL, I actually bought Turbo Tax at BestBuy...just a force of habit I guess

Don't know about the rest of you, but my refund is mostly going toward a rental property, his and her car repairs, some savings and hopefully a vacation. I have thought about just taking the money throughout the year, but I think I will take the "forced savings" for a few more years. That makes me budget better.

ATL, I actually bought Turbo Tax at BestBuy...just a force of habit I guess

Don't know about the rest of you, but my refund is mostly going toward a rental property, his and her car repairs, some savings and hopefully a vacation. I have thought about just taking the money throughout the year, but I think I will take the "forced savings" for a few more years. That makes me budget better.

200 and something from state. about 8 or 900 from federal. smallest refund i've ever gotten. made over 30k last year and got back the least, *$@?

200 and something from state. about 8 or 900 from federal. smallest refund i've ever gotten. made over 30k last year and got back the least, *$@?

Back
Top Bottom