OFFICIAL: PS3 SLIM Unveiled Today at GamesCom...$299 120GB NO BC 3.0 FW...9/1

Originally Posted by Oranix

getting ready for the PS3 Slim with some games... what do you think?

SFIV
MvC2
Metal Gear 4
NCAA 09
Madden 10
Resident Evil 5

any other cheap games I could/should purchase?
NCAA 10
Uncharted
MLB The Show if you like baseball...

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by Oranix

getting ready for the PS3 Slim with some games... what do you think?

SFIV
MvC2
Metal Gear 4
NCAA 09
Madden 10
Resident Evil 5

any other cheap games I could/should purchase?
NCAA 10
Uncharted
MLB The Show if you like baseball...
is ncaa 10 that much better than 09? lol i was plannign to get 09 for 10 bucks. i heard there were barely improvements. ncaa doesnt do rosterupdates?

Oh, I thought it was a misspell
laugh.gif

Yeah, if you don't care that much get 09. A dollar saved is a dollar spent else where
pimp.gif

I want to pre order on KMart but i don't have enough in my account
Will they just put me on as a preorder and not charge right away?

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

I want to pre order on KMart but i don't have enough in my account
Will they just put me on as a preorder and not charge right away?
Why do you want to pre-order a system that will be readily available else where? AND miss out on possible bonuses for purchasing it?

Amazon has a pre-order link up... Link

No tax plus free shipping might be the best option if there are no in store deals...

Originally Posted by nnarum

Amazon has a pre-order link up...

No tax plus free shipping might be the best option if there are no in store deals...

ok
My whole reasoning behind the preorder was that I didn't want to deal with a possible rush and being dissapointed with them being sold out

Today has been full of win so far!

Got off work a little early, also got a bonus check in my mailbox at work
pimp.gif

Favre signs with the Vikings
pimp.gif

And now a PS3 Slim is announced
pimp.gif

As small and compact it is, the old big PS3 looked expensive thus its price. The Slim looks cheap, I mean $150 cheap. Drats.

[h1]PS3 Slims Pics AndSpecs[/h1]
By Mike Fahey, 12:30 PM on Tue Aug 18 2009, 27,675 views (Edit, to draft, Slurp)
Copy this whole post to another site

Slurp cancel

progressIndicator_roller.gif

select site advertising consumerist deadspin defamer fleshbot gay fleshbot gawker gizmodo idolator io9 jalopnik jezebel kotaku lifehacker valleywag artists gawkershop sploid

Sony's official press release for the PlayStation 3 Slim reveals a few updated features and a whole slew of sexy product shots of the PS3's skinny little brother.

The new model heralds a slew of changes for the PlayStation 3 brand, include a change in the official all-caps PLAYSTATION 3 brand to the PlayStation 3everyone was using anyway, and a new PS3 logo, as seen etched on the side of the new console.

The new console will come standard with the recently announced firmware 3.0. A vertical stand will be made available for purchase to make thesystem vertical, and it will also house a Bravia Sync feature, allowing users to control the PS3 with their Bravia TV remote.

The final change is the removal of the Install Other OS feature, meaning no LINUX installs on the smaller unit. The release states that "Thenew PS3 system will focus on delivering games and other entertainment content, and users will not be able to install other Operating Systems to the new PS3system."

The new console will come standard with the recently announced firmware 3.0. A vertical stand will be made available for purchase to make the system vertical, and it will also house a Bravia Sync feature, allowing users to control the PS3 with their Bravia TV remote.
Did they announce when us non-cheapskates who already own PS3's can d/l this?

I dont get it, Why would ANYONE buy an 80gig big body for 300 when the slim is the same price but smaller and has 40 more gigs???

I might list my ps3 on ebay and just re-copp this slim
nerd.gif

Yall think the average person knows about this yet?
laugh.gif

I might list today

i like my OG 60gb better. but to those still on the fence to cop a ps3 got a reason to buy one now.

Back
Top Bottom