OFFICIAL RAP BATTLE THREAD: Hitman Holla vs. Aye Verb p.12

To me it depends on what you watch also. Ive always watched Smack/URL so anything other than that is just the other spots

Grindtime UW KOTD Lions den

They all had good battles but to me the main stage is always gonna be URL. Not to take anything away from the others but me personally i will watch URL until the other replicate the feel of the battles i get from urls production.

people have to understand that the mc's that you're calling 'url' didn't even start in url, most of these people live in new york or close by so it's easier for them to battle there

if kotd had a branch in ny url would be in major trouble

kotd can't just fly every mc in every event, that's thousands of dollars at a time

Where people start is irrelevant what matters is what they claim and what they're known for, doesnt matter if you go D League or college as long as you make the NBA and URL is looked at by many as the NBA of battle rap. Other leagues are usually stepping stones to the main stage of URL.

Ifs are also irrelevant , I'm sure if URL had a Canadian branch they would make some noise but they don't so speculating about ifs is a waste of time.

Also would it matter that KOTD had a NY branch when it'd be full of the same battlers that nobody gives a damn about ? Big majority of those guys are boring or bland as hell.

son ... most of the battles from ANY league are terrible . you know how many gabbage grindtime and KOTD battles i could list off ?

im not denying there are a lot of big URL guys who made their name grindtime , but the majority didnt

All of Dot Mobb (Rex, K Shine, Tay Rock, etc.)
All of the STL guys (Aye Verb, Hitman, Yung Ill, Hitman)
All of the Detroit guys (Calicoe, JC, Miles, X-Factor, etc.)
Goodz
O-Red
Tsu Surf
Big T

star athletes and celebs were talking about battles when grindtime was popping, i never stopped watching battles and saw all this in order as it happened (not saying you or others didn't see it)

alotta people seem to be speaking on when they started back watching battles, grindttme was huge and was generatinng huge numbers then, con vs ars has millions of views but the battle is broken into 3 parts...puff allowed ness to battle iron solomon and celebs and brands were sponsoring battles even back then

url came AFTER seeing the noise grindtime was making

none of those cats you named are url battlers except jc slightly

the only battlers that are url are just the pg guys, the guys who url scouted and cultivated

and i know all leagues have terrible battles but grindtime and kotd actually have more battles that are good compared to url and most so called url guys have better performances outside of url

and to the other cat i was saying if kotd had a ny branch all the so called url rappers would battle for the league with the better organization and money (who has better rates is a toss up tho, depends on the importance of the battle)

with the right sponsors and organization url can easily be replaced, grindtime fell rapidly, in months time...it can happen again

Where people start is irrelevant what matters is what they claim and what they're known for, doesnt matter if you go D League or college as long as you make the NBA and URL is looked at by many as the NBA of battle rap. Other leagues are usually stepping stones to the main stage of URL.

Smack didn't want to ppv summer madness because he knows he doesn't give a damn about organization and people being on their feet all day long. He knows ppv will cut his **** off at the slotted time whether the battles are finished or not so he's basically on some I'm not doing that bull . Dude wants to be in the middle of the stage on camera for 10+ hours with that tired *** cup of henny every event .

Smack didn't want to ppv summer madness because he knows he doesn't give a damn about organization and people being on their feet all day long. He knows ppv will cut his **** off at the slotted time whether the battles are finished or not so he's basically on some I'm not doing that bull . Dude wants to be in the middle of the stage on camera for 10+ hours with that tired *** cup of henny every event .
Did you watch the video Daylyt posted? He pretty much exposes Smack and Beasley

this is my point, when url first started grindtime was the nba of battle rap

url had terrible cameras and terrible audio (still does)

grindtime went thru this same phase that url is in and it'll be interesting to see which direction url goes from here

:lol: like I said before its battle rap is so subjective it doesn't really make sense to argue about it, but I have never looked at Grindtime as the NBA of battle rap , they had some decent battles but I'd watch fight club or the smack DVDs before I watched Grindtime on a consistent basis.

I'm from the east coast NYC so maybe that plays a large factor in how we view the leagues but i looked at 95% of GT as lames, never been a conceited or Arsonal fan either.

People still hold some of those old smack DVD battles as classics, I can't think of one GT classic battle.

I wasnt trying to say that those guys all started in URL . the people i listed made their name and really got national exposure in the battling scene from either Smack DVD or URL

im not denying how big Grindtime was , it was clearly bigger than URL at some point . just trying to highlight that other leagues have plenty of unwatchable battles too , grindtime probably being the biggest offender . they have hundreds of battles with no names

regional preferences definitely play a factor MJsaver . im from NJ and think the majority of the big name Grindtime guys are lames . the only ones i really like are the people who eventually moved to URL because they have a more gutter/street sound and style

that day first 48 vid was a beautiful piece of cinema

and I'm just providing alternative looks on the game

I'm at work chilling, wasn't really an argument, just convo

Don't know if this was posted already, I don't care to look back, but Beasley talks why URL won't pay Lux 40k. In this video he talks Lux proposal about either a streaming event or even PPV around the 11:20 mark. Beasley says the costs are too big and the time is too much to handle. I can agree with the PPV mainly because I do not see many people buying enough for URL to guarantee the PPV. I think if they set up the stream people will pay. URL can delete any vid that comes up on Youtube like KOTD did for the leaked WD4 events.

I would pay 20-30 for an event like Summer Madness or NOME. Thats about $5 a battle. I live in MD, and dont plan on actually traveling to NY to watch battles and stand up for 17 hours. Try it once and see how it goes, I'd pay for it. They would have to then worry about the people not wanting to pay $80 to go to the event, thats the bigger issue i think that Smack is to concerned about. I think though the audience is decent enough to spend 20 dollars to see some good battles and make a good return on investment.

I think if they fully cared for the culture and fans they would make a website take the time and stream it to the fans for pay. They don't even have the Hitman vs. Con out, and I'm sure people are slowly not caring about it anymore. They didn't even care to tell their fans that there would be a delay, or with the events that happened at SM3 we are going to release the battle next week. I think after all the bad publicity they just had they would want some good publicity to come out, so release the battle. I like that Lux and even Daylyt are speaking out and getting people talking about how KOTD is looking a lot better than URL right now. URL needs to take notes.

So according to k shines twitter he's battling Math :smh: , dude shoulda been blackballed forever but I guess it's all about the hype these days :smh:

Nobody shoulda accepted an invitation to battle that clown , on second thought I'm sure B Magic would roast math something terrible wouldn't mind seeing him put to rest permanently...hope K Shine doesn't play around he should put him in a box because math has zero bars.

So according to k shines twitter he's battling Math :smh: , dude shoulda been blackballed forever but I guess it's all about the hype these days :smh:

Nobody shoulda accepted an invitation to battle that clown , on second thought I'm sure B Magic would roast math something terrible wouldn't mind seeing him put to rest permanently...hope K Shine doesn't play around he should put him in a box because math has zero bars.

but is he battling Math on URL?

and yeah where's the Con/Hitman battle? how they hype it up on SM3 and don't even come through with their word :smh: at this point you can't take Smack's word for it

I thought that battle for K-Shine and Math was already set up before the SM3 madness. Its a one rounder on Sept. 29 in Atlanta. Also Head Ice vs. E Ness is supposedly on the card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom