Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
If anyone on XB1 is planning on preordering anyways, lmk if that link works

Im gona be on PS4 so ive gotta wait anyways, but kinda weird it says available now with "get a download code instantly" for XB1 but when u switch the option to PS4 it says oct 26

Damn its does say "Available Now" for XBOX1. :wow:

Good find sir. I'm on PS4 too though.. :lol:

PO

I doubt u can play the game now on a XB1.

Pre load download yes but its probably locked until 9pm/midnight 10-25

Hype for RDR2 made me replay Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare. Probably will get part RDR2 as a birthday gift to myself.

GameStop called and said that I can pick up my pre-ordered copy on the 25th.

giphy.gif

I'm actually on the east coast. I almost forgot I pre-ordered it last year. :lol:

I'm just hyped because I was expecting to pick up a copy on the 26th.

Yo mr j lets get it crackin online like we did for GTAV, still ps4 right?

YESSIR.

Gotta wait a few weeks though before Red Dead Online goes live. Just like when GTA V and GTA Online launched back in 2013.

Also I'm not un employed and can't play for 16 hours straight like back then :lol:

can I ask why yall still do disks? no shade, just wondering. Do you just prefer it or is there a bonus or something?
I still get the pre order bonuses with digital

can I ask why yall still do disks? no shade, just wondering. Do you just prefer it or is there a bonus or something?

I prefer physical disc copy because:

-Games like this you will get a steel book case for either the special or ultimate edition.
-Not having to worry about buyers remorse if the game sucks or just isn't for you. You can trade in or sell it on CL or ebay. Digital you are literally one and done. No refund, no re sell ability.Oh and you know this game more than likely will get a re release next gen on PS5 and next box just like what happened with GTA V from PS3 to PS4 era's.
-I have still have Best Buy GCU with 20% off new games. PSN or XBOX Live never or hardly offer any incentives or discounts for new games. Sony is seriously high and tripping with promoting "Spend $100 on future digital games and get $15 back" :lol:
-Logistics: I live in a fairly big city and not in the boonies like some NT'ers where the nearest Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, etc isn't like 50 miles from me.
-I'm not Lazy.

Speaking for myself I get discs of games that I don't see a lot of replay value in. Games that I'd like to eventually be able to sell rather than just delete from my hd. So mostly sports games but sometimes others. I'll most always get the digi copy of a game like GTA or rdr ,fallout etc though.

makes sense. I don't play that many games so i'm never really gambling on if i'll trade it in or not. I just play the same handful of games
a lot of the games I really like I wind up getting for free when they come up on games with gold
I would like to have the map from red dead though. I used to love game booklets when they used to have actual information, player bio's, moves lists and all that stuff

makes sense. I don't play that many games so i'm never really gambling on if i'll trade it in or not. I just play the same handful of games
a lot of the games I really like I wind up getting for free when they come up on games with gold
I would like to have the map from red dead though. I used to love game booklets when they used to have actual information, player bio's, moves lists and all that stuff

Cop the physical map off ebay for a decent price. There will be a ton of people re selling it.

I remember as a kid buying a game or renting one at Blockbuster..and getting all excited on the way home reading the booklet haha. good times.

I remember as a kid buying a game or renting one at Blockbuster..and getting all excited on the way home reading the booklet haha. good times.
my younger brother worked at a Blockbuster, he used to get a lot of books and cool promo stuff that they would otherwise just throw away.
When GTA4 game out each copy had a 1 month xbox live code in it, he must have brought me like 20 of them, and some really cool framed gta and resident evil pictures they had

my younger brother worked at a Blockbuster, he used to get a lot of books and cool promo stuff that they would otherwise just throw away.
When GTA4 game out each copy had a 1 month xbox live code in it, he must have brought me like 20 of them, and some really cool framed gta and resident evil pictures they had
yea my friend in HS worked at Hollywood Video. He brought home this cardboard cutout for the film "hannibal" that was just hannibal lector standing there. creepy as hell. He had a cool final fantasy VII cutout as well that had at the time just been sitting in the storage room there for years. I miss video rental stores.

Back
Top Bottom