Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
Alright so this is how big the HYPE for the game is.

I went to my local gamsetop store today. The manager said this store had 400 pre orders for the game and that you had to show up on Thursday starting at 3pm to start the process of finalizing your pre order by paying off and getting your final recipt and that determines which group priority you are in to get in the store and pick up your copy of the game and get out of there.The store manager said to expect a 2 hour wait on release night.Yes I know this may vary based on where people live and how big of a town and city you live in.

Now I’m glad I actually ended up pre ordering and have the digital ultimate edition for PS4 pre loaded and ready to play one it unlocks at 9pm pacific time on the 25th :lol:

Oh and only the physical disc ultimate edition which is $99 and exclusive to gamestop comes with the steel book. Special edition does not have it but has the physical map.
Dang so you're saying the steel book doesn't come with the SE...interesting indeed.

Ordered an 1 tb HDD for my PS4, so I can just have more space.
Worried about my PS4, and trying to brace myself for if it can handle RDR.
it's the Uncharted 4 gray/blue one, I bought it used and it runs like a dream, but I've only been playing 2k19 and UC4, kinda heavily and it doesn't get noisy at all to me. I hear the disc spin up and then it goes quiet
Then I read about the heavy hitters like GOW and Spider-Man and people say its super loud, I hope it doesn't start with RDR.
Got the game digital, not sure if it being on the system will make a difference in how hard it has to work.

I’m guessing you got a external 1TB hard drive?

You should be alright. Heck even the PS4 Pro runs loud with the new big release games like you mentioned above.

Really what causes any PS4 model to run loud is dust build inside the vents & system fan. Also re applying thermal cooling paste on the cpu helps.

You can watch youtube videos on how to do the clean up and maintenance.

I’m guessing you got a external 1TB hard drive?

You should be alright. Heck even the PS4 Pro runs loud with the new big release games like you mentioned above.

Really what causes any PS4 model to run loud is dust build inside the vents & system fan. Also re applying thermal cooling paste on the cpu helps.

You can watch youtube videos on how to do the clean up and maintenance.

it's an internal, just wanted to upgrade the actual HD to more, because I could be going digital and still want to store games on the actual system. I have an external already, but will probably buy a new one just for the PS4

Going to upgrade my pre-order to the Special Ed tomorrow. Don't think I need the ultimate version.

Ultimate version comes with all the special edition content plus extra content for online.

Also for any SoCal NTers

:wow:

I live 30 minutes from that GS store. It's in North County SD and is a beach/coastal town and it's very close to R* SD which is in Carlsbad.

These are the 2 weapons you can get in GTA Online which will also transfer to RDR 2 after you do these:

I've only done the stone hatchet one which was pretty simple.

I’m ready to go. Have a 3TB external hard drive already, just might take all day to install haha. Got mine through amazon so I hope they deliver early.

I couldn't mess with heist on GTA because it felt clunky and when a random dies you had to restart anyone know what I'm talking about?

How long til RDR2 online comes out like a week later?

ixUlyc9ckwpvow6WO9_pvJVeXuweuRzqJeBaHylUwv4.png

some dude in my area put up a cragslist ad offering $100 to buy RDR2 early
I'm just not sure its that serious

soooooo should i hurry up
and beat gta 5??? :lol:
had since release date on ps3
then ps4 had to start over
but never finished
should i just grind this week to finish before release of rdr2

Upgraded my pre-order to Ultimate and paid the game off.

GS rep said to call Thursday morning to confirm what time they'll start marking receipts to ID which group you'll be in to pick up the game at 9PM.

Good thing I work a mile away lol. I need to get this game right at 9PM and begin that install immediately.

What are the odd of a RDR 2 discount around black friday?

I really don't have time to play right now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom